PDA

View Full Version : ORIGIN - Evolution 770

Red Emperor
15-03-2014, 03:50 PM
Hi All.

Have been mucked around by a few builders so looks like I'm just going to go with Origin, I don't think I'll be disappointed.

Does anyone have one or any info about the Evolution series 770 model?

For eg:

Price? Col said he'd get back to me on Monday but cant wait that long!

Quality?

Any info at all. Looking at putting twins on it but unsure of what size I will go. Also fuel capacity of 700L.

Cheers

whereswoody
15-03-2014, 03:53 PM
Hey red emperor , mate know the mucked around feeling! Look forward to watching this come together for you. Any chance you could PM me origin contact deatils or put up for all?

Cheers

Woody

Red Emperor
15-03-2014, 06:24 PM
Look on their website for their contact details.

Obviously those companies don't want business. Their loss.

reefrider
16-03-2014, 09:38 AM
Red Emperor, try looking into Hammerhead Boats too. Their is a write up on there 8mtr Hard Top and it got a good review in the NQ Fish and Boat water test for this month. Looks like a really nice fishing boat. I looked on his website and he has a few boats on there but his facebook page looks to be more updated with new photos. I have a friend with one and he couldn't speak highly enough of them. I went for a test run in the 6.1mtr centre console and was very impressed with it. I was also lucky enough to meet the guy that owns the 8mtr at the ramp one day. He gave it a big wrap as he told me he has owned a few plate and glass boats. I'm in the process of organising what I want in my boat and they have been very helpful with this. He is only a small business and does it all himself with a young apprentice. Might be worth giving him a call or email. Can't hurt. I did too have to wait for boat builders to get back to me with prices and info whereswoody. Some did and some didn't!!!

Red Emperor
16-03-2014, 10:00 AM
^^ Cheers Reefrider. Will look into them as well. Its funny you mention those guys as I've heard good reports on them as well, but hadn't heard of them for a while so forgot about them.

Will have a look today while I have a few beers!

outwide1
16-03-2014, 01:13 PM
Just out of curiosity Red who mucked you about?

seatime
16-03-2014, 01:27 PM
Picking an existing production model and then wanting to modify (e.g. 700l fuel) could be problematic for some boat builders.
They may be reluctant to alter plans too much, or limited by the design or production process.

Maybe speak to a naval architect or designer and see how your needs fit into which boat sizes and designs.

Red Emperor
16-03-2014, 01:33 PM
Picking an existing production model and then wanting to modify (e.g. 700l fuel) could be problematic for some boat builders.
They may be reluctant to alter plans too much, or limited by the design or production process.

Maybe speak to a naval architect or designer and see how your needs fit into which boat sizes and designs.

Surely they could get back to me within 5 months? Especially when fuel capacity upgrade to this size is part of the options?

Going with Origin by the looks of it so the rest is history :)

seatime
16-03-2014, 06:08 PM
As you said at the beginning - don't think you'll be disappointed with Origin - they're experienced.

I imagine it would've suited to compare quotes from other highly regarded boat builders in SEQ - AMM, Riptide, Rebel, & Performance come to mind, though they are certainly not the only ones!

ric
16-03-2014, 06:53 PM
Surely they could get back to me within 5 months? Especially when fuel capacity upgrade to this size is part of the options?

Going with Origin by the looks of it so the rest is history :)
How are you planning to protect your hull/part payments during the build if they were to go.broke?

Red Emperor
16-03-2014, 07:25 PM
How are you planning to protect your hull/part payments during the build if they were to go.broke?

Ric. Please explain your reasoning behind your question?? Are origin going downhill? Not sure of your motive but I'm based in the NT so not privvy to alot of info.

Red Emperor
16-03-2014, 07:27 PM
As you said at the beginning - don't think you'll be disappointed with Origin - they're experienced.

I imagine it would've suited to compare quotes from other highly regarded boat builders in SEQ - AMM, Riptide, Rebel, & Performance come to mind, though they are certainly not the only ones!

AMM surprisingly came in with a really good quote on another boat 12 months back. Don't know too much about Rebel but Riptide look good too.

ric
16-03-2014, 07:49 PM
Ric. Please explain your reasoning behind your question?? Are origin going downhill? Not sure of your motive but I'm based in the NT so not privvy to alot of info.

No I'm not saying origin are going downhill. Just that many people have been caught out in the past with companies going broke. (talking in general- not directed at origin). Bottom line. If you part pay your boat and tey went broke, you won't get your boat or money back.

Also, you were asking about quality of the builds, Twin engines and pricing yet you have made your decision to go with Origin? Sounds like a hasty decision before weighing up all your options.

Red Emperor
16-03-2014, 08:11 PM
No I'm not saying origin are going downhill. Just that many people have been caught out in the past with companies going broke. (talking in general- not directed at origin). Bottom line. If you part pay your boat and tey went broke, you won't get your boat or money back.

Also, you were asking about quality of the builds, Twin engines and pricing yet you have made your decision to go with Origin? Sounds like a hasty decision before weighing up all your options.

Firstly the financial decision will be discussed between ourselves & some kind of agreement/contract drawn up, it would all be done through my partners insurance company to see where we go with this.. still a work in progress & looking at options.

Yes I was asking about quality of builds to see if anyone would come forward with any negative press but nothing I have read or seen in the last 12-18 months has indicated that their is anything to worry about with Origin.

I wasn't asking about twins, just simply said that that's what I wanted but unsure of what size I will go for. At this stage it would most likely be 175 Suzuki's but it all depends on the fuel capacity also.

Pricing is not so much of an issue if its quality anyway. Col has sent me a pricing list today and it would still be interesting to see what others have paid for for the same boat.

As for your comments re hasty, my decision is certainly not. A lot of planning & information gathering has happened with a wide range of companies through QLD, NT, NZ & WA and Origin is the boat that keeps ticking all of the boxes. The build process is still a long way off and a lot of water to go under the bridge re survey requirements etc.

It would've been good to hear any good or bad reports from current Evo 7700 owners regardless as I'm only new to this forum.

Cheers

ric
16-03-2014, 08:38 PM
Firstly the financial decision will be discussed between ourselves & some kind of agreement/contract drawn up, it would all be done through my partners insurance company to see where we go with this.. still a work in progress & looking at options.

Yes I was asking about quality of builds to see if anyone would come forward with any negative press but nothing I have read or seen in the last 12-18 months has indicated that their is anything to worry about with Origin.

I wasn't asking about twins, just simply said that that's what I wanted but unsure of what size I will go for. At this stage it would most likely be 175 Suzuki's but it all depends on the fuel capacity also.

Pricing is not so much of an issue if its quality anyway. Col has sent me a pricing list today and it would still be interesting to see what others have paid for for the same boat.

As for your comments re hasty, my decision is certainly not. A lot of planning & information gathering has happened with a wide range of companies through QLD, NT, NZ & WA and Origin is the boat that keeps ticking all of the boxes. The build process is still a long way off and a lot of water to go under the bridge re survey requirements etc.

It would've been good to hear any good or bad reports from current Evo 7700 owners regardless as I'm only new to this forum.

Cheers
No worries, good luck with the build.

gr hilly
17-03-2014, 08:03 AM
Hey RED i'm the same mate if i get mucked around i say shov it quick pleany of people want your money more
cheers G.R.Hilly

Red Emperor
17-03-2014, 10:06 AM
Hey RED i'm the same mate if i get mucked around i say shov it quick pleany of people want your money more
cheers G.R.Hilly

Too right Hilly. First impressions always last don't they.

Greg P
17-03-2014, 04:32 PM
Cant go wrong. Col and the Origin guys will make you a great boat - no doubt. Look forward to the build pics. Still get a buzz taking my old Fisher out. Really well built boats and look even better these days.

Alchemy
17-03-2014, 06:23 PM
Red, I have a 750 origin evolution and am very happy with the boat. A mate sent me a link to a second hand one a couple of weeks ago and they were asking $145k. Their trailers are great too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Red Emperor
17-03-2014, 07:15 PM
Good on you Alchemy. What motor choice did you go with?

Alchemy
17-03-2014, 08:39 PM
Diesel stern drive.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

james1
18-03-2014, 03:35 PM
Hey Red, it will be good to see another big platey up here in the NT. If you are considering the twin 175 Suzukis then also have a good look at the new 200 Yammies, only a couple more kilograms and will give an extra 50 horses. I have the twin Suzies and rate them highly for the power to weight. I havent had a drama with mine and thats on a 7800.

Red Emperor
18-03-2014, 10:52 PM
Hey Red, it will be good to see another big platey up here in the NT. If you are considering the twin 175 Suzukis then also have a good look at the new 200 Yammies, only a couple more kilograms and will give an extra 50 horses. I have the twin Suzies and rate them highly for the power to weight. I havent had a drama with mine and thats on a 7800.

Thanks James.

Yes I've heard about the new yamahas with less weight than normal.

How much fuel do u carry?

Kms/litre?

Thanks James

james1
19-03-2014, 01:13 AM
Thanks James.

Yes I've heard about the new yamahas with less weight than normal.

How much fuel do u carry?

Kms/litre?

Thanks James

Red, i carry 800ltrs under the floor and get dead on 1km per litre total burn, both engines. That seems to be regardless of weight. I sit on 4200 @ 54km/h fully loaded (when weather permits)

Red Emperor
19-03-2014, 09:31 AM
Red, i carry 800ltrs under the floor and get dead on 1km per litre total burn, both engines. That seems to be regardless of weight. I sit on 4200 @ 54km/h fully loaded (when weather permits)

That sounds very good for carrying so much weight!! So yeah that's around 30 knots, good stuff. I probably know you if you fish out of Dundee? Just sold my boat and in the process of designing. All of my fishing is Bluewater- Dundee, Perons, Flat Top Banks & hoping to get better range with the new boat & get up to the Bathurst Trench and beyond.

Does your boat have a cab? Or centre console?

james1
19-03-2014, 01:53 PM
Thats where I fish most as well. I don't launch from Dundee any more because Jethro damaged my trailer on two occassions, so I leave from Darwin. Get the most fuel under the floor as you can would be my advice. I can comfortably get from Darwin past the Perons and to Cape Scott and back with fuel to spare. I've got the AMM 7800 Tournament and can't fault it.

Red Emperor
19-03-2014, 03:39 PM
Ah yep I think I know the boat. Funny you should say that but that's my idea to start launching from Darwin due to jethro. And it's a bugger of a ramp with a bit of sea breeze!