PDA

View Full Version : Boat Auctions

jmwarner
11-03-2014, 11:52 AM
Anyone ever gone to the auctions in the link below? Might go and check them out (with no intention of buying of course)

http://www.marineauctions.com.au/

FisHard
11-03-2014, 06:09 PM
Yes mate, Ive been a couple of times. A lot of boats not met reserve, and very low offers. It is interesting though. There was a really crap old Haines signature 2250l I was interested in, that went for $14k. Whoever bought it, inherited a world of pain, but I guess that's what he thought it was worth!

jmwarner
12-03-2014, 07:23 AM
Bummer I was hoping to pick up a little project. I'll have to keep to gumtree and eBay

Rip it up
12-03-2014, 10:12 PM
Jmwarner. What style of boat are you chasing? Most project come about from word of mouth. "My uncles neighbour has one under the mango tree" etc.

My last project boat is a easyrider 156 runabout I got for a bottle of rum. No trailer. Delaminated transom, wet floor full of leaves etc.

They are out there. Just gotta be ready to pick up ASAP to clean up someone's yard.

What's your location?

Damo's dodgy boat building factory.

MTAQ/BTAQ
13-03-2014, 06:26 AM
Try Grays online, they have a marine section but some of the boats/marine gear is interstate - having said that I bought a small SAIL outboard (Chinese) at that auction and it cracked the block on it first outing - caveat emptor.

jmwarner
13-03-2014, 07:45 AM
Looking for a small tinny but just bought a house so it'll be a few months before I buy anything. Got some work to do on my boat as of yesterday afternoon. Had a look at the fuel filter - full of gunk and water so need to flush the tank. Turned the steering wheel and snap there goes the hydraulic hose:'(( but looking back at it at least it happened at home and not off the top of Moreton...

Triple
13-03-2014, 08:26 AM
having said that I bought a small SAIL outboard (Chinese) at that auction and it cracked the block on it first outing - caveat emptor.
Did you find out the cause? Your thread questions are still unanswered..
http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/showthread.php?197550-Just-got-burnt-by-a-SAIL-outboard-motor&p=1538656#post1538656

sharkymark2
13-03-2014, 08:27 AM
About 3 years ago I bought a 2005 4.4 stessl with a 40 hp yamaha trim and tilt oil injected and tilt trailer at pickles auctions at a very good price. Only problem was a bit of shit in one of the carburettors. The service guy Troy did a great job. I was nervous buying at auction without testing, but the motor had a heap of compression so I took the risk. At the time I had a heart issue and wasn't able to push my bigger boat around easily so bought this one. Much easier.