PDA

View Full Version : New boat

pojo
08-03-2014, 03:59 PM
I am looking at buying a new boat ,I have narrowed it down to a Barcrusher or Formossa . The size is one restriction that I have because it has to fit in a garage. The boats I have selected are,

4.8 centre console Formossa
And the 498 Stacer outlaw centre console ,haven't looked at Barcrusher yet ,what are the pros and cons of these brands.
PomoPomo

chocolatemoose
08-03-2014, 05:16 PM
cough.. polycraft 4.8 bumby... cough cough

Almako
08-03-2014, 07:00 PM
Not sure a Formosa is in the same class as a barcrusher.

Moonlighter
08-03-2014, 09:31 PM
Forget the Barcrusher. Get the original, not the copy!!

Surtees make a terrific 4.85m centre console. In a different league to the other brands you mentioned, and can be built and optioned exactly as you want it, many flexible options. Plate, not pressed alloy.

Select the Australian brochure on this link for details:
http://www.surtees.co.nz/brochures.aspx

or this video:
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=NDg-d7Y5YvY

ozynorts
09-03-2014, 08:51 AM
Yep another vote for the Surtees.

ozynorts
09-03-2014, 09:00 AM
I am looking at buying a new boat ,I have narrowed it down to a Barcrusher or Formossa . The size is one restriction that I have because it has to fit in a garage. The boats I have selected are,

4.8 centre console Formossa
And the 498 Stacer outlaw centre console ,haven't looked at Barcrusher yet ,what are the pros and cons of these brands.
PomoPomo

Pro's and con's from my point of view.
The Stacer is a pressed tinny and the others are plate. If it was me I would go for the plate if I could.
However, the Formosa has a plywood floor and that is something that I have seen in them to be an issue down the track.
You mentioned the Bar Crusher, I haven't been in one to offer much of an opinion.
As Moonlighter mentioned, the Surtees are a very nice boat. I had the chance to go over one in detail at the show and they are a very well finished boat.

Floating Rib
09-03-2014, 09:28 AM
Have seen these in a yard and seem to review well, they look well made http://www.mclayboats.co.nz

chocolatemoose
09-03-2014, 05:20 PM
... cough. unsinkleable. super quiet. super soft riding. super stable....gota question why anything else :D

but mind you people will often just say buy what ever they have as kind of a sense of achievment.. i say. buy what ever you really really really think is cool.

Scott Mitchell
10-03-2014, 07:39 AM
Signature 485sf - can be made in side or centre console configurations and offers the best ride in it's class .....

Regards Scotto

fisho8
10-03-2014, 02:19 PM
Surtees well worth the look they are a great rig.

Skusto
10-03-2014, 02:29 PM
Bar crusher, Surtees same boats but with little bit different layouts cant go wrong with either..
Doesn't really matter who was original as long as there still being built well.

pojo
11-03-2014, 10:07 AM
Thanks for all info. Forgot to say that I have had a Haines Signature 492F for the last 17years ,been a good boat but am thinking of going to a alluminum hull centre console set up . Des