PDA

View Full Version : "Sea Prowler" Custom Plate Boats

Red Emperor
06-03-2014, 09:10 PM
Anyone got one of these built?

I'm from Darwin and looking to get a decent plate boat built for a reasonable price.

Saw these advertised and quite like the shape of the 7.2, but would put a centre console on it and build to survey. Anyone from over East with any info would be greatly appreciated.

Price
Customer service
Ride
Dead rise
Follow up work
Timeframe
Is the welding up to scratch.

Cheers

dayoo
07-03-2014, 12:08 PM
Performance Plate Boats at Brendale in Brisbane (Sam) builds a very good custom plate boat to your requirements.
See previous threads on this forum by Outwide2 dated 28 Feb 2014.

Cheers
Barry

seatime
07-03-2014, 06:21 PM
Are you familiar with the requirements of a boat 'built to survey' national standards, build inspections, design approvals etc. Whichever boat builder you choose ensure they have systems in place for 'building to survey', national compliance regulations now apply.
There are quite a few Qld boat builders to choose from that are familiar with the process.

Looking at your list of considerations, 'timeframe' could be the trickiest as the top shelf builders are in high demand.

good luck with it

Red Emperor
07-03-2014, 08:30 PM
Thanks fellas. I will look it up. Yes very well up to date with survey requirements as I work in the industry. Timeframe isn't a biggie, but I wouldn't want to wait anymore than 18 months.

I've heard about 5 good reports and one atrocious one for sea prowler. Will await more info and shop around.

Cheers

Smithy
08-03-2014, 10:01 PM
Have you used the search function on Ausfish? One of the old hands of Ausfish had one built. Seemed pretty good. It would be hard to go away from the big names though.

Red Emperor
08-03-2014, 10:04 PM
Have you used the search function on Ausfish? One of the old hands of Ausfish had one built. Seemed pretty good. It would be hard to go away from the big names though.

Yes I've searched around and most reports are old so was after a more recent opinion as things may have changed, who would u recommend??