PDA

View Full Version : Advice on Tinnie Set up All input welcome

ShaneC84
05-03-2014, 08:41 PM
I have a Quicksilver Duck it's called kind of like a surf rubber ducky but it's all aluminium. It's quite standard at the moment wanting to put in some nav lights and a sounder on there. Everything is quite rounded so hard to attach anything to.
I've recently extended the fuel line so the fuel tank sit's in front of the first seat, keeps a bit more weight up the front as well.

My thoughts are to put in a small battery box (probably a home made one) with a 4 gang switch on it under the covered section on the bow. Open to other ideas however I'm still trying to figure out where I can mount a sounder??

What else could I have in there? Any ideas and suggestions would be great!
(hope the pics are ok, haven't uploaded any before)

chris69
06-03-2014, 12:15 AM
If i had that duck id put the 4 gang switch in the rear seat front wall inbetween the rod holders and id get a small ally hand rail welded in to the inside a bit more just infront of the rear seat on the side you want it and use a ram mount to that to hold a sounder you can get the bit to go to the hand rail with a ball on it.

ShaneC84
06-03-2014, 01:53 PM
That's definitely and option I wanted to run as little wires from the stern to the bow as possible, but that makes more sense mounting it there as i'll only have to run the port and starboard nav lights back there. That option never really crossed my mind due to the limited access under that seat, trolled these forums last night and found quite a few pics that gives me a better idea. Thanks for the input.

Volvo
06-03-2014, 02:59 PM
Ide get rid of that orange drum up front and somehow incorperate it under or behind your alloy seat bench..

ozzyfishaman
06-03-2014, 04:20 PM
looks like a pretty stable boat, i would put in a little side console (just homemade) and a put pole seat in. That way you can shift more weight forward and mount all you gear on the console. You should still be able to tiller steer with a small extension and swivel round to fish out back and use existing back seat as a cutting board and mount rod holders to seat to. I guess depends what sort of fishing your doing.

ShaneC84
07-03-2014, 02:22 AM
The fuel tank won't fit under the seat unless I cut it, there's just enough room to get a small battery in there so a 4 gang switch would work ok, It is incredibly stable got swamped by a freak wave coming out of manly over to Tinny creek was full of water kept going while the Mrs bailed out with the esky, she wasn't impressed. I guess it may still be strong enough if I do some cutting and put the fuel tank under the front seat. I'll be mostly using it to cast net out of when the prawns are on and then a bit of creek fishing when I can. I'm not sure how a console would work I need as much room as I can when I cast as I do a little dance when I cast :)
Thanks for the advise it's given me lots of new ideas.

captain red beard
07-03-2014, 09:43 PM
My opinion would be to work out a plan on where everything should go then go find someone to weld On mounting brackets for everything. If that blows the budget I'm fairly sure I have seen plenty of brackets that are designed to mount on the rails, even nav lights.

daveo17
08-03-2014, 06:26 AM
fuel tank should go rear left in front of seat. have you considered a casting deck up front with the battery inside?