PDA

View Full Version : First post, quite excited.

fishwpa
16-02-2014, 10:28 PM
New member, long time reader blah blah...

I'm awaiting approval on finance tomorrow and as soon as I get it I will be ordering a new bar crusher 575ht. Fingers crossed.

Very exciting times for my family.

I have applied through YMF but I am also re-financing home loan at same time so may end of using home equity depending of rates etc.

Haven't found much feedback/owner stories on the actual 575ht model, lots of 610/15's etc. Anyone got a 575ht or c and want to provide some feedback. Must have, hints etc. will be fitted with a suzi 115 4s.

Will be used for inland lakes (Lake Hume/Buffalo) , rivers and occasional offshore on holidays.

Didn't want something too big but at the same time capable of smashing a bar crossing with ease.

Currently quoted with a raymarine a77 - should I upgrade to a78? Also trim tabs, bar crusher say not needed but from what I read on here could be worthwhile. Stress Free winch option - worth it or wait a while? Anything else you can think of.

Anyway hi all on Ausfish :)

Thanks,

Richard

Steeler
16-02-2014, 10:57 PM
Welcome, Will have to post some pics when the deal is all done and dusted.

fishwpa
17-02-2014, 10:53 PM
Thanks Steeler. Finance ok'd through ymf just waiting on home loan as this is my preferred route. But now have just been offered a very well priced camper that we were enquiring about about as well and this has thrown a spanner in the works. If we go with camper, which swmbo says is must, my budget for new boat is reduced. Ah third world problems. What to do :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scalem
18-02-2014, 08:34 AM
I was saving for a new boat motor when wife says it would be good to do a road trip to take the kids to see the snow and buy a camping trailer for the trip. Don't know your circumstance but buying the trailer was a wise " family" choice where the boat became a garden ornament for a little while longer.

Scalem

hainsofast
18-02-2014, 11:24 AM
a bar crusher for inland lakes, strange??

bennykenny
18-02-2014, 12:26 PM
I was saving for a new boat motor when wife says it would be good to do a road trip to take the kids to see the snow and buy a camping trailer for the trip.

Scalem
A camper trailer in the snow. Your a braver man the me Brian.

Skusto
18-02-2014, 12:27 PM
trim tabs are a must on the barcrushers.. unless you always want to make sure the weight is even on each side..

upstart
18-02-2014, 03:51 PM
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/02/18/4ymanase.jpg

I've done the camper trailer in the snow thing. I left the milk out and it froze. The water in the tank froze. It was soooooo cold!
This was in the middle of November in 2006 at 3 Mile Dam in the snowies.
Shivering just thinking about it.

upstart
18-02-2014, 03:53 PM
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/02/18/sa2amesy.jpg

fisho64
18-02-2014, 05:06 PM
Just my personal thoughts, but if I was borrowing off my home loan for a boat I definitely wouldnt be buying brand new.
And doubly so if it was a first boat that is bound to get a few battle scars
Back it out of the dealers yard and 25% is gone but you still have to pay it back. With interest.
Save yourself $10-$20K getting a used one and still buy a camper?

fishwpa
18-02-2014, 06:11 PM
Hi fisho64, yep all true - 2nd hand makes perfect sense - for both boat and camper.

Hi Hainsofast, my take is better a boat that will do lakes, rivers and offshore than a boat that can only do one but not the other.

Thanks everyone for your replies. Hopefully I'll find a boat and camper that fits into our budget and lifestyle and be able to post pics up here when that happens.

hainsofast
18-02-2014, 06:14 PM
just buy a haines mate

Scalem
18-02-2014, 09:00 PM
A camper trailer in the snow. Your a braver man the me Brian.
Haha, well actually when we got to perisher we kept the camper trailer in the carpark and hired an on site cabin;D The Camper paid for itself to and from the snow, stopping at Dubbo on the way down ( a few other places I can't remember but I was just the driver), Newcastle, South west rocks, Yamba on the way back.

Scalem

ranga7
19-02-2014, 05:51 AM
Hi mate what is the hull rated to HP? The 115 will do the job but at 5.75m imo the 140/150 hp would be a better match. you'll love Suzuki.

Good luck and enjoy,

Ranga

Nicholas2230
20-02-2014, 02:49 PM
Hey mate, what rate were you quoted through YMF? I am an external broker with a YMF accreditation and will do you a ripper deal that shouldn't be too far off what your home loan is anyway... My advise would be to never tuck a depreciating asset into a home loan. Just doesn't add up mate when you work out the compounding effect the additional funds apply.

fishwpa
21-02-2014, 10:07 PM
Thanks for the advice Nicholas2230. I hear what you are saying. Unfortunately now YMF have rejected my application due to me being self employed and while my company (I am a sole director of a small P/L company) earns good money I do not actually pay an individual income to myself so my income is next to nothing. There are many good and legitimate reasons for this but none that YMF accept. If I was a sole trader they say it would be a different story. I don't know. Might just have to settle for a dingey. Not so excited anymore :(

Jsmfun
21-02-2014, 10:18 PM
;D
Thanks for the advice Nicholas2230. I hear what you are saying. Unfortunately now YMF have rejected my application due to me being self employed and while my company (I am a sole director of a small P/L company) earns good money I do not actually pay an individual income to myself so my income is next to nothing. There are many good and legitimate reasons for this but none that YMF accept. If I was a sole trader they say it would be a different story. I don't know. Might just have to settle for a dingey. Not so excited anymore :(
Maybe you should contact www.jsmbookkeepingservices.com.au (http://www.jsmbookkeepingservices.com.au) they are also mortgage and loan brokers very good trust me:)

Bustedoff
27-02-2014, 03:05 PM
Any chance of buying in the companies name...

oldie
27-02-2014, 08:41 PM
fishwpa pretty sure you knew this was the potential out come, this is the usual case for most people who work for themselves, yes you make "good money" in theory but its what the accountant puts through that is the difference, my cousin had the same problem when looking at buying a house he owns his own charter business but bank doesn't want to know him based on what he supposedly pays himself each week?

buy the camper with cash, get a car topper and enjoy the family grind for a couple years, thats my advice

fishwpa
27-02-2014, 09:02 PM
Yes looks like it will be buying with cash. Won't take too long to save up but longer than I wanted. These days banks don't really care if you are asset rich - how you got there and keep accumulating more assets means nothing, it's reported monthly income that counts - they prefer employees, not employers. Quite funny actually, but I'm now going to do it on my terms so I'm feeling alot better about things and not so stressed about it all. May take a year or two but when I get them they will be mine and not the banks. Their loss, my gain :0 Thanks for all your comments. Glad I found Ausfish and will continue to read posts and contribute.

liltuffy
27-02-2014, 09:29 PM
Mad mackerel hereabouts has a good bar crusher for sale, pm me if you are still keen.

Craig

fisho64
28-02-2014, 08:19 AM
Hey mate, what rate were you quoted through YMF? My advise would be to never tuck a depreciating asset into a home loan. Just doesn't add up mate when you work out the compounding effect the additional funds apply.

only if your not smart enough to make the same payments. If you pay the same payments into your home loan but at a lower interest rate, how could you be worse off?

gr hilly
28-02-2014, 11:18 AM
Buy a 20 ft Haines 1/2 cab and use it to camp in i did it for years i stayed at Hayman Hamilton launched at Shute Harbour gone for a week loved it i did the same in Cairns and Darwin and 1/2 a dozen other places who wants a little camper when you tow a 20 ft Haines.

cheers,Hilly.