PDA

View Full Version : When Will the WIND STOP?????

milo__
14-02-2014, 10:45 AM
Hi all,

Dunno about you guys but I am sick of the wind constantly blowing enough to stop me fishing where I want to go. I like to go from Wellington Point, over towards Moreton and over 15kts is just too uncomfortable for my size boat.

Even this weekend the prediction (on Monday) for Saturday/Sunday was around 5 to 10kts and now it is (see below), when will they get it right???

Thoughts......

Saturday 15 February Strong Wind Warning for Saturday for Moreton Bay
Winds Northerly 15 to 25 knots, reaching up to 30 knots in the evening. Seas 1 to 1.5 metres, increasing to 1 to 2 metres later in the evening. Swell Below 0.5 metres.
Sunday 16 February Winds Northerly 20 to 30 knots. Seas 1 to 1.5 metres, increasing to 1 to 2 metres in the far north. Swell Below 0.5 metres. Weather The chance of thunderstorms in the afternoon.

jmwarner
14-02-2014, 11:53 AM
If you're looking at seabreeze I tend to find they move forward a few days.

SummerTrance
14-02-2014, 07:14 PM
Hopefully another month or two and things should start to settle a bit. Im the same as you, I need a forecast of 10 knots or under to head out which makes it difficult to line up days off and good weather.

I find trying to plan a days fishing more than three/four days in advance usually leads to disappointment with the forecast. I've been eyeing off next Tuesday as I have the day off, and every six hours the forecast changes from maybe, to no chance, back to maybe, to yep im def going, and now currently maybe.

sharkymark2
14-02-2014, 07:41 PM
I only went to Wello point once to launch in my 12 foot fibreglass shallow sided boat and as I watched the .5 metre breakers crash onto the ramp i thought "another day". What a marvellous place it could be if they dredged it out a bit and put a little harbour in. Like the Greek Islands kind of thing. I am sure the Greenies would allow it after they allowed Raby Bay and the port and airport reclamation to go through :). Must be the full moon, couldn't resist the stir.

davo
14-02-2014, 09:15 PM
It will stop blowing when we are back at work.

Nslfishing
15-02-2014, 05:37 AM
Agreed. 3 knots all day but only if you have to work. 😃

Scalem
15-02-2014, 06:40 AM
I have never had to worry about stale fuel in my boat ... Ever until recently I put my 1st lot of sta-bil into the tank. If that's any indication it just shows how the weather has limited my Options. I carry 150 litres but have only been consuming 20 or 30 litres a trip only once or twice a month to the bay. I can't seem to pick the better days to go off shore.

Scalem

timddo
15-02-2014, 07:22 AM
Brian it's time to take your boat pawning and the one really option is spotty makeral

spelchek
15-02-2014, 11:29 AM
Well i my case the wind stopped almost at the exact moment my ignition switch finally shit itself. I expect it to get back up to the mid 20's on monday afternoon - after the replacement switch arrives.

Langy88
23-02-2014, 08:07 PM
I check Willyweather every day hoping that the wind has changed. I did manage to sneak out to Peel Island friday morning for a fish at 10knotts. Wind was suppose to pick up to 25knotts by lunchtime so was back by 10.30am. Picked up a few tuskies, wasn't bad for a couple hours.