PDA

View Full Version : Shimano Trinidad

jaylay
09-02-2014, 08:07 PM
Is anyone able to give me feedback on the Shimano Trinidad reel (in the smaller sizes up to 16na). I am only used to fishing light around the inshore reefs and am looking at heading out a little wider this year and have ben told an upgrade is useful.
Can someone advise me what sort of fish I could target using something of this strength, what line is recommended. I really just want an all round reel for fishing deep, trolling, jigging,etc.

Many thanks

Fillet`n`Release
09-02-2014, 11:31 PM
Can't comment on the smaller versions, but I love my TN30A running 30lb braid for my deep bottom bashing rig (snapper, pearlies etc). Really appreciate the line retrieval rate when you're in 100m+ of water and a double hookup. Never skipped a beat, smoothest reel and most favoured in my collection.

Manaroa
10-02-2014, 06:48 AM
A better way to do this is for you to tell us where you are and what you want to catch then you can get a few suggestions on a suitable outfit. there is a lot more to think about before choosing a reel

Daintreeboy
10-02-2014, 08:59 PM
It's a very good reel. In the star drags I prefer the Saltigas but the Trinidadian is highly regarded. The Ocea Jigger is the next step up in the Shimano star drag but they cost more obviously. I would not bother going above 50lb braid on the smaller models.

mikeyh
18-02-2014, 08:09 PM
For less money here, or a lot less if you import, why dont you buy an Avet.......far better quality- fully machined from billet aluminium, 7 bearings, lever drag. Sizes start at SX which is a delightful reel....looks tiny but built like a brick SH, or MX next size up. MXJ with narrow spool could be just the trick. I have 4 of them and just love them. IMO best value for money for a high end reel