PDA

View Full Version : Trailer problems

pnp005
09-02-2014, 03:01 PM
Guys...have an Redco sportsman trailer for my HH 560 Classic Offshore only 6 months old b/t and when driving on keep taking chunks out of the gelcoat. We have readjusted the wobble rollers and self centering roller on the first roller and new red ones on the other two but still to no avail. The chunks are coming off towards the front of the bow in the middle almost as if it's getting caught between something and as a launch solo difficult to see where. Any ideas, we also have surge issues at my local ramp.
cheers
pnp

Dignity
09-02-2014, 03:46 PM
pnp005, a photo of your setup would help prospective advisers heaps, you could be hitting the axle if it is too far back as generally trailers sold with boats are the smallest possible that retailers can get away with. Do you have the trailer model no available as that could also help.

rayken1938
09-02-2014, 04:04 PM
Go back and see your dealer.
Cheers
Rau

Camhawk88
09-02-2014, 06:55 PM
As soon as I read the title I thought Redco. Admittedly I thought it would be a corrosion issue but. Im not sure of your issue without photos but driving on with a rear roller rather than a cradle is likely your cause- pics will paint a better picture.

Redcos have a shocking run with corrosion mate so while it is still relatively young try to do something such as sealing the RHS and oil filling or something. The first you will know about it is holes in your rear cross member as it has rusted through from the inside. Its happened to me and have since found out many others- usually within a couple of years.
But as Dignity said- some pics will help.

ZigZag
09-02-2014, 10:25 PM
Hi PNP...I had similar problems with my 5 metre boat.. I found the rear roller was too small (diameter) and the boat was depressing the roller and scraping the metal side arms that hold the centre pin .
In addition I put those sloping blue foam slides on to help centring the boat on retrieve. Hope this helps.