PDA

View Full Version : Cross Country Boats flooring

Adam_G
09-02-2014, 08:30 AM
Can anyone tell me what the rubber matting is that they use on the casting deck on cross country boats??

dadstinny
09-02-2014, 08:37 AM
Cross X Country?

If so I have one of there boats...

Seadek -

http://www.seadek.com/t-products-landing.aspx

Adam_G
09-02-2014, 08:53 AM
thanks mate. just what I was after. how do you find it under foot and for cleaning?

dadstinny
09-02-2014, 09:03 AM
thanks mate. just what I was after. how do you find it under foot and for cleaning?

We got the snow camo top image on this page -

http://www.seadek.com/blog/hurricane-201-seadek-kit/

At first i was initially scepitcal about the ability to keep it clean having white in the colour.

But i have to say its unbelievably easy to keep clean.

Just hose it down and mos stuff comes off, if it doesn't a light wipe and its off.

Underfoot its fantastic, non slip and very comfortable.

We have it on the front and rear casting decks on our boat.

rodneyk
09-02-2014, 12:00 PM
Can anyone tell me what the rubber matting is that they use on the casting deck on cross country boats??

Hi Adam I have got the grey seadek 5mm on my 6.1 Moda Aussie Classic it will stain with blood pilchard juice etc if not washed after use very good product though dries and drains very quickly and looks great and is heat resistant on those hot days snow camo is a good colour should have used it but got talked out of it

Adam_G
09-02-2014, 07:08 PM
thanks guys. I'm down to either regupol or seadek, which ever comes in cheaper.

Any_Weather
11-02-2014, 08:35 PM
Gday guys, I am interested in the comment from RodneyK in relation to the grey seadeck? I am about to get a boat built and I was going to use the grey 5mm as you did. I have a small sample that I have put a join in and have left it out in the sun to see how the join goes? Do you think the camo would be easier to clean? Does the camo have the little grip bits like the 5mm grey?

Thanks guys
Lee

rodneyk
12-02-2014, 05:53 PM
Don't try to pull pieces together at joins it will sretch but will shrink back over time yes the camo does have same finish