PDA

View Full Version : Have to sell my boat.

suzygs1000
05-02-2014, 08:57 PM
Hi, Regrettably, I have to sell my 5.8 plate centre console. There is an ad for it in the classifieds. I got a dose of bladder cancer last year, and after major stomach surgery, am finally starting to come good. However, I have to avoid any heavy lifting. I used to go the the reef by myself during the week here, as the ramp is too busy on the weekends. My boat is relatively easy to launch single handed, but it does need a fair shove to get it moving off the trailer. It is extremely dry and soft riding for a plate. Very economical, a days fishing on Bramble (about 40 k's from Ingham) uses around 40 litres. Heaps of room, it is really big for a 19 footer. Please have a look at the ad, and feel free to phone me for any more info. Sea tests welcome, subject to weather (It is the cyclone season up here.).

Dave.

hainsofast
05-02-2014, 09:00 PM
Mate that sucks, hope you are on the mend soon buddy and good luck with the sale

Dan5
05-02-2014, 09:16 PM
Not good to hear mate I hope it all works out well for you......Good luck with the sale of the boat and you can hopefully replace it with something more suitable..........Dan

sharkymark2
05-02-2014, 09:40 PM
Mate I wish you every success in every part of your life. I hope that it all heals soon and there is a good prognosis for the future.

gr hilly
05-02-2014, 10:05 PM
I to have had to sell my big boat and down size due to illness i cried when i sold my Haines Hunter i had her since the early 80s now i have a small tinny but i can still have a fish whilst mending ,if i stop having more problems,good luck chin up mate and get the best price you can for your boat.cheers hilly

SunnyCoastMark
06-02-2014, 07:15 AM
Hey Dave,
Good luck with it all, hope it works out and you can move forward and get on with your life.

Mark

PeterKroll
06-02-2014, 07:47 AM
Good luck, Dave. How it finds a good home, and that you mend well.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

tropicrows
06-02-2014, 08:24 AM
That sucks, good luck and I hope your back on the water soon in another boat.

sent using TapTalk

robfish 1
06-02-2014, 09:18 AM
Dave...know exactly how you feel. Due to triple bypass surgery, I had to sell off my 5m glass halfcab, for the same reasons - it was just too big and cumbersome on my own. Good news is that I later bought a little v-nose punt and have fished areas I never knew existed, for fish I never knew existed! Total change of pace and probably loving it more than I did with the bigger rig. So much easier to launch and retrieve, no stress, no strain, and still get my fishing fix, and come home with a feed.
Good luck with the recovery, and maybe try the tinnie path - it's fun and relaxing.

Chimo
06-02-2014, 11:59 AM
Dave

All the best and good luck for the recovery. Shame you cannot just improve the operation of your trailer and keep the boat as at the end of the day you can get caught out even with a smaller boat and trailer if the setup is not spot on. Nearly a year since my dose and operation. Recovery does take time. I guess we are all getting older but at least we are on the right side of the grass!

Cheers
Chimo

suzygs1000
08-02-2014, 04:57 PM
Thanks for the good wishes, guys, I am improving rapidly, op was in May 13, and they told me about 12 months to feel great again, but I must admit, except for the occasional spasms in the groins, I am feeling pretty good. Haven't slept this well for 15 years, since the prostate started playing up. No more getting up every hour thru the night for a pee, just empty the bag in the morning!...I will say this tho, for two years, the doctors were telling me that the blood in my urine was from bladder infection caused by the enlarged prostate not allowing the bladder to empty completely, and the stale urine left in the bladder was causing the infection and bleeding. I finally decided to change doctors, when my urine looked like beetroot juice, and he sent me for an ultrasound, which showed a large growth in my bladder. If I hadn't changed doctors, I may have been dead now. Seriously, if you ever get blood in your urine, insist on getting an ultrasound of your bladder. If they had picked mine up two years ago when it was stage one, they may not have had to remove everything.... I will be trying to get out to the reef in the next few weeks, weather permitting..thanks again, Dave.

Chimo
08-02-2014, 05:47 PM
And as well as having an ultrasound get an MRI (tesla 3) and realy see what the go is! Best $500 you will ever spend.

C
C