PDA

View Full Version : take care withl airasol spray

benji64
02-02-2014, 11:45 AM
lost my mate on Friday night she was only 16 months old as she went so quickly like in 20 mins from first noticing her foaming and trying to vomit. used a garden hose to flush her mouth I thought snake bite or cane toad. next morning I found a a punctured bait attractant aerosol spray I use on soft plastics. I believe this may have been the culprit

fishychrissy
02-02-2014, 11:58 AM
Sorry for your loss Bro, I'd be dev-oed if anything happened to my two
All the best
Chris

Volvo
02-02-2014, 03:06 PM
Sorry for your loss also mate and i near lost a same Dog some time back though from a canetoad and it was a sad n sorry sight to behold ey..

Gordie
03-02-2014, 07:26 AM
Terrible to loose a mate hey, sorry to hear that.
gordon

Ausfish
03-02-2014, 10:24 AM
Sorry for your loss.

Do you know the ingredients of the stuff in the can? Would be interesting to know if it was the propellant or the contents that were the cause. Especially as this stuff is potentially ending up in the fish we eat.

Sheik
03-02-2014, 02:56 PM
I have worked as an emergency vet. I'm very sorry you lost your mate. cane toads can cause vomiting, foaming and shaking. There are times when nothing you do can save them after eating or licking a toad. I have lost a few that have come in despite having drugs, oxygen and IV fluids. If it happens and you kknow it is a toad and you're not in a position to get your pet to a vet, please wash out their mouths with dishwashing detergent in water. Get a rag and wipe their gums, squeeze out the water, then wipe their gums etc. Keep doing this for up to fifteen minutes. Your dog will probably not fight this too much; my feeling is that either their gums are numb or are stinging, so they put up with the wiping and the detergent helps wash the toxin off. So, just to confirm-detergent in warm water, put rag in water, squeeze out, wash gums for half a minute or so, put cloth into water/detergent again, wash gums - 15 minutes. But get to vet if possible as things can deteriorate quickly. Be careful of the hose, as you can direct water into the lungs .

benji64
03-02-2014, 02:57 PM
had a look at can and it says it is environmentally safe with patented fish pheromones. but being pressurised with gas I don't know.

patrol50
09-02-2014, 06:03 PM
gees mate so truely sorry to hear of you loss - nothing worse than lose a 4 legged mate like that - have just put all spray cans up on high shelves - thats tough mate hang in there
my best rob