PDA

View Full Version : Groundhog day continues...

Lucky 1
02-02-2014, 10:55 AM
http://res1.seabreeze.com.au/images/forecast/3/bris/grg.png?uid=20140202090052

Sami12
02-02-2014, 12:33 PM
Same over here in WA just a bit windier and opposite direction ha.

bowds13
02-02-2014, 01:14 PM
Yep.. Sick of hearing the misses telling me every day how I never even use my new boat.

Lucky 1
02-02-2014, 01:49 PM
Repaired gelcoat scratches under the hull, created lanyards for trolling, made tie towns for trailer to boat, resorted fishing gear, sat in cabin whilst on the trailer(helps a little.)

fishychrissy
02-02-2014, 03:08 PM
Me too Lucky 1, sit in my tinny on the driveway all the time, sometimes have a beer in it and daydream, I find it helps the heartache lol.
Cheers
Chris

astro66
02-02-2014, 04:33 PM
blowing its arse out in mackay.....at least the powers back on...spent 30 hours with no power (Thursday night till Saturday ) lost everything in the fridge/freezer....

Oh well heading home friday....fishing this weekend rain hail or shine :D

sharkymark2
02-02-2014, 04:56 PM
I watch fishing shows, videos and you tube fishing and it doesn't hit the spot. I remember fishing in glassed out conditions many times a few years ago. Now every day is blowing enough to make fishing or launching a hard experience. I have started to think about changing my fishing methods to suit the "new conditions". This could go on forever ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

PeterKroll
02-02-2014, 06:38 PM
I got my new Penn reel, loaded it with braid. Modified an old tackle box with a plastic cutting blade to get it how I want . Sorted out a few lures and plastics for new box. Sharpened knives. Learned a new knot . And then today, the wind dropped for a few hours, but I had to go into the city. Bugger! Come home, and it's blowing a gale again.

Maybe tomorrow.

outta line
02-02-2014, 07:24 PM
i feel your pain ...evan found time to update to the newest simrad software thats been out for months... that only took 10 min...lol ... might get to try it one day ......

Lucky 1
02-02-2014, 10:54 PM
I am not going to let this post die...much like the relentless SE winds atm;D.......also since my last offshore trip, spooled the tld25 which has been sitting in the shed since June,caught a few sandies in the Bne river, took the boy fishing in the local creek for a few mullet, got a good feed of crays out west, I know I am pretty lucky to do all that but I still miss those gentle swells out in the deep blue! Going to a Power Boat Anglers meeting Monday night, so I guess that will be like a AO meeting where a bunch of addicted guys will share our common disease offshoreaemia.

Callop
02-02-2014, 11:00 PM
This is what I call "brownie points weather" .

sharkymark2
04-02-2014, 09:22 AM
Think it is about time we sent a petition of to the Government. They think they can fix things let them fix this :). Second thoughts they might tax us more to pay for it and restrict our fishing hours to do it in. On second thought might just shut the bloody mouth and grin and bear it. Life wasn't meant to be easy phhhhhfffftttt!

Lucky 1
04-02-2014, 09:00 PM
This is what I call "brownie points weather" .

I don't know about you Callop, but when I signed my brownies point credit agreement nearly 20 years I didn't read the fine print. Points seem to have a short expiry date and sometimes they go into the negative for no reason at all! Extended times in the shed or sitting in the boat may contribute to this, but I am not sure?:-?