PDA

View Full Version : Folding rocket launcher hardware

jclay1773
28-01-2014, 07:50 PM
Hi all I need to cut my rocket launchers and weld some fittings to it so I can fold it down. I have looked at bias and whitworths but I can only find the male tube end. The female tube end is only like the one that attaches to the boat. Has anyone got any suggestions or know of where I can find the correct hardware. Thanks for any advice.

deckie
29-01-2014, 03:31 AM
Unsure what u mean by cut and weld so u can fold it down. A picture would tell a thousand stories if u can put one up. You mean weld in some sort of hinge like a tube hinge ?
If you are having troubles getting fittings or thinking about altering the setup to fold down..go to the source and have a look at Saint Marine's gear in Sydney..they supply lots of the gear for places like Whitworths/Bias around the country.
http://saintmarineproducts.com.au/

Have bought stuff before and were friendly and prompt delivery. Good website or just call them. They do a v strong 316 s/s ratchet type elbow joint for 1inch s/s that enables fold down and i use it to fold my current baitbord legs...might be what you're looking for. Also check out their bow ends which will include male and female. Also try Google "316 stainless tube hinge"and "bow ends" and have a look at those. If its straight 1 inch (25mm) stainless tubing its easy to get fittings of all sorts....deck attachments though are usually male but u should be able to get females.
Hope that helps a bit...just throwing stuff out there coz unsure exactly what u need. Also, most of these fittings u dont need to go to the hassle of welding...due to the way they thread together a very strong metal epoxy like JB Weld will be strong enough.
Steve

Jeremy
29-01-2014, 07:18 AM
I know the fittings you mean. Plastic fittings that go into the pipe or clamp around the pipe with threaded holes to connect with bolts. I had no problems finding these when I made my bimini. Can't remember if it was Whitworths or BIAS I used.

burleygu
29-01-2014, 11:32 AM
whitworths at mooloolaba had them all when I made mine in stainless or plastic

jclay1773
29-01-2014, 02:34 PM
Hi all thanks for the replies, deckie I will check that link out. To further explain I want to cut the rocket launcher uprights just below canopy height and add a hinge. This will allow me to quickly hinge them down so boat can fit in shed. I can only find the stainless tube ends (male) but not the female. Hopefully the link works

https://www.whitworths.com.au/main_listitems.asp?cat=137&cat2=412&cat1descr=Seating/Covers/Fabric&cat2descr=Bimini%20Kits/Covers/Fabrics/Fittings&cat3=909&cat3descr=Bimini/Canopy%20Fittings&cat4=273&cat4descr=Heavy%20Duty%20Bimini/Canopy%20Fittings

jclay1773
29-01-2014, 02:43 PM
http://saintmarineproducts.com.au/product-category/miscellaneous/

the elbow joiner for $27 should work. Thanks deckie really appreciate it.

deckie
29-01-2014, 11:03 PM
No problem...still a little unsure why you;d want to cut and hinge near the top...would be stronger to not have another join and changeover the base setup.

These are pics of the two hinge types i was trying to describe that might work..the tube hinge with a pin and that ratchet knuckle thingamebob i use on my baitboard legs.

Is there anyway u can swap out the base fittings to hinge at the base instead ?
Is the female one in pic 2 what u were after ? if so look in saintmarine website under "bow ends". Might be stronger and easier to undo at base and fold the lot down.

jclay1773
30-01-2014, 12:10 PM
Thanks decki. I want to hinge at top as it is about 100mm too high for my roller door. It already hinges at the bottom but removing the clears is a pain. That elbow joint should work.

jclay1773
22-02-2014, 05:15 PM
100837100836This is what I ended up doing. Works well and is strong and quick to fold