PDA

View Full Version : Outdoor Planted native aquarium

Rainbowrunner
24-01-2014, 10:40 PM
http://youtu.be/0P4JykVFNfk

I know not fishing but I like my native fish, I did catch and/or breed most of the fish in there tho

Scalem
25-01-2014, 05:21 AM
Mate that is the most impressive native tank I would ever expect to see. The fish behaviour confirms to me that you know what you are doing, I would say they are freely breeding right now judging from all the courtship and territory displaying going on in there. I used to collect all those species with my brother... Rainbow, gudgeons, honey blue eyes.... But the only non native I saw is the bristle nose Cattie, but that's ok every tank needs a good vaccume cleaner! Now all you need is a jack to terrorise what you have, and I could happily come over and fish.... In your tank! Well done, simply stunning!

Scalem

Nslfishing
25-01-2014, 06:02 AM
Well that settles it.... I'm gettin another tank. Thanx RR. What's the small plants covering the floor called. It looks awesome

Rainbowrunner
25-01-2014, 09:06 AM
Thanks guys

What's the small plants covering the floor called. It looks awesome
HM Hemianthus micranthemoides

the only non native I saw is the bristle nose Cattie
The Lacustris (blue looking rainbowfish) is not native either coming from PNG

two dogs
27-01-2014, 03:17 PM
Stunning… thanks for the share. I am waiting to place fish in my 4ft again and you have inspired me to look at natives. I may have a bunch of questions if you don't mind me bugging you.

Rainbowrunner
27-01-2014, 07:46 PM
Stunning… thanks for the share. I am waiting to place fish in my 4ft again and you have inspired me to look at natives. I may have a bunch of questions if you don't mind me bugging you.

No worries at all . . might even have a few fish if needed

PROS
31-01-2014, 05:04 PM
What do you feed them with Pete,
Doesnt look like they can swallow a whole pike

Rainbowrunner
31-01-2014, 07:50 PM
What do you feed them with Pete,
Doesnt look like they can swallow a whole pike
Hey Max, If only pike could handle the fresh water. . . maybe. . . just maybe lol

daveo17
01-02-2014, 06:01 AM
nice size empire gudgeon there or is he a fire tail?

Rainbowrunner
01-02-2014, 07:02 AM
nice size empire gudgeon there or is he a fire tail?

definitely empires, this is the same 2 fish in a smaller tank,

http://youtu.be/P0ehoFCP4SM