PDA

View Full Version : Ocean Max

MyWay
22-01-2014, 11:24 PM
Gentlemen I would like to ask you.
Is any one out there may see one of this http://www.oceanmaxmarine.com/ (21 Sports cabin) or had chance to own it or bin for ride ? Just your thoughts on these boat .
it looks good with plenty storages and big fuel tank
It is bit flat at the back for fiberglass boat , it may ride bit hard but I could be wrong .

docaster
27-01-2014, 09:12 AM
Yea Myway, i think 16 deg dead rise would be restricted to calm conditions. Bang like a tinny i reckon. Can't understand why only 16 deg.

caravellerob
27-01-2014, 11:08 AM
Are you serious docaster, 16deg is at the stern, depends how sharp it is at the front and amidships, the specs say variable deadrise in an case. Our old 6 metre riptide was 16deg deadrise from memory and it was anything but a calm water boat. I believe Boatmag may have done a test on this boat or maybe the 24 I will check.

docaster
27-01-2014, 01:16 PM
Are you serious docaster, 16deg is at the stern, depends how sharp it is at the front and amidships, the specs say variable deadrise in an case. Our old 6 metre riptide was 16deg deadrise from memory and it was anything but a calm water boat. I believe Boatmag may have done a test on this boat or maybe the 24 I will check.

Hmm, wonder why the 24 doesn't have 16deg

caravellerob
27-01-2014, 02:45 PM
Bigger boat, more weight, probably sits in the water better, therefore can run a steeper deadrise.
Its a trade off between stability and sea keeping ability with a mono especially 6 metres and under. The point is I wouldn't dismiss the boat purely based on what you perceive as being a flat bottom/shallow deadrise.

rexaway123
27-01-2014, 06:49 PM
yes these were reviewed in I think trailerboat Mag...and they noted that it was NOTHING like the centre cosol 24 other model in terms of ability in rough water...but it was meant to be a 'compromise" boat best suited for not hardcore offshore