PDA

View Full Version : Sea storm boats what do you know about them?

warrigul
20-01-2014, 09:18 PM
A mate of mine has put a deposit to buy a 6.5mtr sea storm later this week.
I was asked what I know about them an drew a blank.
Any one that can give an insight to the good the bad and the ugly (if there is any) about these boats would be very much appreciated.
They look the part that for sure.
Regards Andy

rosco1974
20-01-2014, 09:22 PM
mate do a search on the forum,there was a few threads on these boats a few years ago...think the hardtops where a real issue with them from memory

Back In Black
20-01-2014, 09:36 PM
Andy drew a blank???

Mate, Im stunned LOL

Tony

outwide1
21-01-2014, 10:57 AM
There were no shortage of negative threads started regarding this make a few years ago.
One in particular had a list a mile long with issue that the customer had encountered in the short time he owned it.
I looked at one several years ago when they were still in buisness and was dissapointed in the finish and some of the welds.
Mick.

ozynorts
21-01-2014, 01:04 PM
There were no shortage of negative threads started regarding this make a few years ago.
One in particular had a list a mile long with issue that the customer had encountered in the short time he owned it.
I looked at one several years ago when they were still in buisness and was dissapointed in the finish and some of the welds.
Mick.

http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/showthread.php?160757-Sea-Storm-problems&highlight=sea+storm

seastorm
21-01-2014, 05:36 PM
I got a 6.1m 1/2 cab Seastorm boat it is a 2007 model and I've had no problems with it,( the motor another story) I believe that the the later models had a few problems as I think they might have been cutting corners to save some money.
PM me if you want anymore details

warrigul
21-01-2014, 08:22 PM
thanks boys
info has been worth the post and have dug a bit deeper with guys I know, passing on all reports to the buyer
thanks again
andy

Seahorse
22-01-2014, 08:53 PM
I thought they went bust couple years ago