PDA

View Full Version : Recommendation for Electric Anchor Winch

pnp005
19-01-2014, 11:47 AM
Hi guys looking for recommendations of brand for electric anchor winch to suit HH 560 classic offshore.
cheers

ozscott
20-01-2014, 08:28 AM
Hi guys looking for recommendations of brand for electric anchor winch to suit HH 560 classic offshore.
cheers

http://www.maxwellmarine.com/gen_hrc.php

These are excellent. Different boat. The HRC 6 that i have has the same motor as the 8 - if you want more grunt use bigger wiring and bigger breaker.

An animal of a windlass - very fast, and quiet compared to my mates Lewmar of the same price.

Cheers

Jarrah Jack
20-01-2014, 08:59 AM
If you want a drum winch then Lone Star( cheaper) or X Winch for premium quality.

NTMID8
21-01-2014, 12:51 AM
Micks winch (http://www.mickswinch.com.au) got one on mine and love it! Works great, quick up and down and just looks/feels good quality.

Deelirious
22-01-2014, 06:07 AM
I've got an anchor winch on my boat and while its excellent for mooring and anchoring in shallow water it only has manual freefall which you have to go forward to operate. Using the motor to deploy the anchor is too slow to use for fishing in anything other than shallow water as its too easy to drift off your mark so I stiil use a traditional anchor from the cockpit when fishing offshore or anchoring in deep water.

The Mad Cat
22-01-2014, 05:26 PM
I have a Stressfree with freefall, it is the best addition to the boat. I call it "the marriage saver".

TMC

ovakil
22-01-2014, 05:57 PM
I've got an anchor winch on my boat and while its excellent for mooring and anchoring in shallow water it only has manual freefall which you have to go forward to operate. Using the motor to deploy the anchor is too slow to use for fishing in anything other than shallow water as its too easy to drift off your mark so I stiil use a traditional anchor from the cockpit when fishing offshore or anchoring in deep water.

I have similar,Muir winch.
Only down side I found was the plastic handle to loosen winch doesn't float.
Found out hard way.

fishing111
22-01-2014, 06:05 PM
Ditto Stressfree with freefall. They also back and stand by there product 100% with some of the best customer service i have encountered.

NQ-FISH
22-01-2014, 08:14 PM
Also have a Muir freefall 4 yrs old boat done 900hrs not an single problem with it