PDA

View Full Version : Boat Covers Brisbane

scooby1973
17-01-2014, 11:24 PM
Can anyone suggest a good boat cover maker in Brisbane?

Cheers.

LittleSkipper
18-01-2014, 07:41 AM
Gidday Scooby! How GOOD do you want this boat cover? Custom made to fit your boat or perhaps something Universal?
I bought a universal trailerable cabin cruiser boat cover almost 3 years ago from a company online called Stormcovers trading as Coverworld, apart from the cover fading and one of the stern drawstrings finally snapping after being exposed to the outdoor elements the cover itself is still intact.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Blackened
18-01-2014, 09:11 AM
G'day

I had one made for my boat just before Christmas.

It was custom done by Gary at G&S Marine trimmers at East Coast Marina down at Manly. Best things is, it's fully custom to my requirements and I chose the fabric and color.

Fully trailerable and perfect for storage as well.

Do the sums, an of the shelf cover I bought cost about $200, and its fitment was painful at best. It lasted me about 12 mths. Cost per annum was $200.

The custom cover over the expected lifespan of the material will be at worst 1/4 of the cost of the first cover. a much better way to go.

Dave

scooby1973
19-01-2014, 12:37 AM
Thanks so much.

Appreciate your recommendations.

G'day

I had one made for my boat just before Christmas.

It was custom done by Gary at G&S Marine trimmers at East Coast Marina down at Manly. Best things is, it's fully custom to my requirements and I chose the fabric and color.

Fully trailerable and perfect for storage as well.

Do the sums, an of the shelf cover I bought cost about $200, and its fitment was painful at best. It lasted me about 12 mths. Cost per annum was $200.

The custom cover over the expected lifespan of the material will be at worst 1/4 of the cost of the first cover. a much better way to go.

Dave

Smithy
26-01-2014, 07:37 PM
Try Rays Canvas in the Caboolture industrial estate on the Bribie Island side of the highway.

Luc
26-01-2014, 07:40 PM
Ditto for Ray

Moonlighter
26-01-2014, 09:32 PM
Third one for Rays canvas and marine at Caboolture.

He made my cover and not only does it fit like a glove but the workmanship and attention to detail are fantastic.