PDA

View Full Version : Battery for Watersnake 54/43

juzztinn
14-01-2014, 08:07 PM
Hey fellas, could you please share some wisdom on rechargeable batteries for a new Watersnake 54/42?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

dazyz1
15-01-2014, 03:13 PM
Depends on the size of boat but probably a 120ah deep cycle would be the go.

Smithy
15-01-2014, 03:35 PM
Where are you? If you are on the Sunshine Coast, drop into Mark from Aerodrome Rd Auto Electrical on Aerodrome Rd Maroochydore. I use one of his Centurys for my Minn Kota and the other local guide Brian Readman has a couple as well all bought off Mark.

juzztinn
15-01-2014, 06:52 PM
Thanks dazyz1 and Smithy. I have a small battery charger that will charge a car battery over 15 hours. Does it have to be a rechargeable battery? Or could I buy a Century deep cycle battery and recharge it over a period of time just so that it is ready for the next fish. How long will the deep cycle last if it is not rechargeable?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Smithy
15-01-2014, 08:05 PM
My amature understanding of it is something like this, car type batteries will handle about 30 full discharges before being stuffed. True deep cycles etc. will handle hundreds. Charger wise I have been buying a couple of $40 sort of Ebay ones that pump in 10-12amps or something and go to float and they have been awesome. One runs my fridge battery on my big boat and the other is my charger for the little boat.

juzztinn
15-01-2014, 08:10 PM
Perfect. Thanks. I am a rookie at this with a new tinny. My 30hp trickle charges the current battery which runs the sounder. The Watersnake will run off the second new battery. Should I run the future nav lights off the second one too?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk