PDA

View Full Version : Gold Coast Mud

seashawgal
02-01-2014, 10:59 PM
Spent new year birthed at Santuary cove with friends from the Whittley Club and thought I'd also spend a couple of nights boating around as I've never been in those areas.
Well I'm a bit surprised, (shocked even) at how many boats were at Tipplers anchorage. Hundreds of huge boats speeding around the waterways making surf rushing to get I'm not sure where? Tipplers is not even that nice! Nor is Browns anchorage. Dirty water, mud like glue, weed, dirty sand, poor swimming conditions and one poor little cafe. I just don't get it? I live on the Sunshine Coast and have been to many lovely areas in Qld where there is clear water, sandy beaches, palm trees great swimming & snorkelling etc. It really is a bit of a circus down there. I did like Santuary Cove and enjoyed a few good meals, a shower, friendly shop keepers, and well the IGA there is amazing what an array of gourmet foods. But I think the award goes to how dog friendly Santuary Cove is, what with a dog menu at the Raw Cafe and the dog accessory shop. Yep you got it I'm a dog lover. Thanks for listening.
Rossy

kingcray
03-01-2014, 07:43 AM
i was at Tipplers yesterday for the first time and must agree i was not impressed at all , and like you said there were huge boats and tinnies ripping around everywhere nearly crashing into each other. Also the area north of tipplers - the bedrooms / millionaires row, or whatever they call it, all kinds of boats doing 20+ knots through the 6knot zone all day.
I was in a 5.25 bow rider and we nearly got overturned by a big boat swamping us within 5mtrs , the ######## had about 5 kids onboard also, all i can say is that prick was lucky we had to wait for a mate so we missed catching up to him.