PDA

View Full Version : SAD BUT TRUE - boat ramp bogans

roz
26-12-2013, 09:54 AM
This is more a response to Black Rat's boat ramp thread, however it deserves its own dedicated thread.
I won't name names but there is a pro fisho that I've known for a very long time, he is not the easiest person to get along with from time to time.....

Anyway, he launched his boat at the local ramp, all good, loaded up his boat with bait etc, etc, then off he went. HE LEFT HIS TRAILER AND VEHICLE ON THE BOAT RAMP!!!!!!!!

BEAT THAT.

I just remembered one more that has earned the title of Boat Ramp Bogan (in a warm and fuzzie way of course).
an old mate of my dad, his name was Alf the Pom, Alf used to drink way too many glasses of 'personality' the night before going fishing so his blood alcohol in the early hours would have impacted on his... common sense.
This happened early one morning on the Moruya Boat ramp.

He backed his boat & trailer down to launch, his usual method of launching was to reverse then break suddenly, this allowed the boat to slide off the trailer into the water, only one problem..IT WAS LOW TIDE, THE BOAT LANDED ON THE RAMP!!!!!

Hope you all had a great Christmas. In my world the best thing about Christmas is the Boxing Day Test, I am watching it as I post this thread.

Love to all my friends on AF.
Roz XXXXXX

Lucky_Phill
26-12-2013, 10:11 AM
Bet it wasn't the Coffs Harbour ramp !

All the best for the Xmas break Roz and yes.... I will be switching on the cricket any moment.

Cheers Phill

Jeremy
26-12-2013, 10:28 AM
Anyway, he launched his boat at the local ramp, all good, loaded up his boat with bait etc, etc, then off he went. HE LEFT HIS TRAILER AND VEHICLE ON THE BOAT RAMP!!!!!!!!

Roz XXXXXX

I am sure he isn't expecting his tyres to still be inflated when he returns

Scalem
26-12-2013, 12:11 PM
I'd be booking in for early dementia tests. Surely he didn't do that deliberately? If so, you are right Roz, that will take some beating.

Scalem

daveo17
26-12-2013, 12:20 PM
seen it happen a few times at wello pt. some people just have no common sense. the pro bloke just sounds like hes over it and dose not care

mylestom
26-12-2013, 04:36 PM
Release the handbrake would be the Ideal solution. But to be realistic it is a matter for RMS, but they would take six months to come to a decision about what they should do. Take a few photos at different intervals.

It would not survive at our local ramp.

Dignity
26-12-2013, 05:55 PM
side cutters on the tyre/tube valves work a treat, not that I have ever done anything like that :P

Triple
26-12-2013, 06:10 PM
Just make sure someone skull drags it off the ramp before the tyres accidentally lose their pressure.

Dignity
26-12-2013, 06:31 PM
Call the cops about stolen car and trailer dumped on ramp

sent from my Tapatalk

Matt76
26-12-2013, 06:42 PM
Surely he must have forgotten about moving the car? Was it locked up or left with keys in ignition? What about tide changes?

rabbi
26-12-2013, 08:43 PM
Hehe, his own personal ramp. Kinda funny if you are not trying to launch a boat.
I spent a bit of time at the fishery ck ramp here last sunday with the locals and tourists trying to utilise a very busy ramp.
Some of the boats were very slick whilst others far from it but everyone was tolerant and lent a hand at times to streamline the process..

Can imagine the antics picking up a bit after new year when it gets busier..

Just remember to put your bungs in::)

Darren Mc
27-12-2013, 09:51 PM
Call the cops about stolen car and trailer dumped on ramp

sent from my Tapatalk

Yeah, they'd put one of those POLICE AWARE stickers on it and leave it sit there for a few weeks.

littlejim
28-12-2013, 06:03 PM
"He backed his boat & trailer down to launch, his usual method of launching was to reverse then break suddenly, this allowed the boat to slide off the trailer into the water, only one problem..IT WAS LOW TIDE, THE BOAT LANDED ON THE RAMP!!!!!"

When I first bought my boat and trailer I had to use the same technique. Got into the habit of unhitching the safety chain and winch wire at the top of the ramp so it worked properly.
During my first launch, after replacing the roller shafts with stainless steel rod and levelling all the rollers, halfway down the ramp I noticed the boat was already coming off the trailer. By planting my foot on the loud pedal I just got to the water as it fell off the trailer.
Now unhook the winch at the waters edge.