PDA

View Full Version : changes to seabreeze?

Dignity
20-12-2013, 07:13 AM
Is it me or has seabreeze changed this morning, logged on for interest sake only as have a leaking water main so can't go fishing but the whole site seems to have change, it has so many server redirections that I can't view it on my phone and on the PC now looks like this. Also lost Moreton Island which had more relevance to me and also the ability to reverse colours seems to be gone.

Lucky_Phill
20-12-2013, 07:38 AM
I had same.

Think an upgrade is happening.

LP

Moonlighter
20-12-2013, 07:40 AM
Just tried to open. Yes, seems to be a problem. Cant open it on iPad "too many redirects".

think they might have a server problem happening?

JulianDeMarchi
20-12-2013, 08:00 AM
Just tried to open. Yes, seems to be a problem. Cant open it on iPad "too many redirects".

think they might have a server problem happening?

Just a dodgy update. The are doing what's called a rewrite and probably cocked up the rule that makes this happens. Happens to the best of us.

Dignity
20-12-2013, 08:14 AM
And the tides are missing, suggest the update didn't work as planned, used to happen at work, no doubt they will fix it, saying that I do like the new look although will be miffed if cape moreton doesn't get back onto the list.

Still_Dreamin
20-12-2013, 08:57 AM
Probably done by the same IT people that did the recent ausfish update

JulianDeMarchi
20-12-2013, 09:53 AM
Probably done by the same IT people that did the recent ausfish update

IT stuff ain't black and white. What you test in UAT might not work the same way when you go to PROD. Nature of the beast with IT stuff unfortunately. In this business we only here from people when shit don't work, not when stuff is humming nicely.

IT is a funny business.

blairv70
20-12-2013, 10:31 AM
I feel your pain :-(

morphias
20-12-2013, 11:04 AM
IT stuff ain't black and white. What you test in UAT might not work the same way when you go to PROD. Nature of the beast with IT stuff unfortunately. In this business we only here from people when shit don't work, not when stuff is humming nicely.

IT is a funny business.

Yep...story of my life...

With IT, you are always knee deep in sh!t - it's just the colour, consistency and depth that varies. ::)

Ben.

wayno60
20-12-2013, 11:13 AM
Hi! Apologies - some of you may be experiencing an error viewing the Graphs pages. We're working on this right now, and expected a fix in a moment.
Sorry for the trouble & Merry Christmas!! :-)

JulianDeMarchi
20-12-2013, 11:28 AM
Hi! Apologies - some of you may be experiencing an error viewing the Graphs pages. We're working on this right now, and expected a fix in a moment.
Sorry for the trouble & Merry Christmas!! :-)

Looking better now! w00t

If you need a linux engineer, I'm always looking for new challenges. :)

morphias
20-12-2013, 01:10 PM
If you need a linux engineer, I'm always looking for new challenges. :)

You mean, as a Linux engineer, you are challenged. ;)

But nowhere near as bad as a crApple fanboy...they are just something that beggars belief... 8-)

Still_Dreamin
20-12-2013, 01:59 PM
Just sh*ts me when it was working fine then to justify their jobs perform an update that craps everything . Ain't broke don't fix it. Trust me as a qhealth worker I have had it with IT after the payroll debacle.

JulianDeMarchi
20-12-2013, 02:14 PM
Just sh*ts me when it was working fine then to justify their jobs perform an update that craps everything . Ain't broke don't fix it. Trust me as a qhealth worker I have had it with IT after the payroll debacle.

I understand your frustrations mate! Just cause it doesn't seem broke means it isn't. Script scriddies these days are ahead of the curve. :(

Dignity
20-12-2013, 05:18 PM
Script scriddies these days are ahead of the curve. :(
Is this Romulan, this is why no one talks to IT dudes - they talk in an alien language :)

The old format is back which means it is working however I did like the look of the new proposed format.

JulianDeMarchi
20-12-2013, 05:34 PM
Is this Romulan, this is why no one talks to IT dudes - they talk in an alien language :)

Haha mate! That explains a lot. Script skiddies are people who like to own websites for fun and profit. You've seen this recently with the mysterious articles which appeared in the forum. They are a burden to any IT dude, and they can cause a lot of pain and missery. They like to make out their indeed leet in puters but the skiddies part means they use pre-made code to hack a website instead of writting their own like a true hacker. Most end up getting caught and meet a burly fella in gaol to share their stories with bent over their bed...

Scalem
20-12-2013, 05:48 PM

But the thing that annoys me is that the I.T resource cops it in the neck. These days there are fewer excuses. Point in time snapshots you can roll back to if someone screwed up, non production test labs, virtual instances of everything you can move around, it's the pen pushers that try cut corners instead of waiting for the it guys to get all the ducks in a row, sometimes with nothing more than a screwdriver and hammer because his budgets have been cut the last several years.

Scalem

Aussie123
20-12-2013, 09:25 PM
Julian and another IT mate Ben often end up in my lounge room together while Julian is playing with my server and they start talking this IT crap.
I always say, ffs what planet are you idiots from, lol
The non comprehensible rubbish that comes out of their mouths is incredible.
They are certainly a breed of their own, lmfao

Dignity
21-12-2013, 07:41 AM
Julian and another IT mate Ben often end up in my lounge room together while Julian is playing with my server and they start talking this IT crap.
I always say, ffs what planet are you idiots from, lol
The non comprehensible rubbish that comes out of their mouths is incredible.
They are certainly a breed of their own, lmfao

I am surprised you can even talk to them, still trying to figure this one out although I have an idea "They like to make out their indeed leet in putters"

Anyway all my links still point to the new version but if I start from the Home screen www.seabreeze.com.au then I get the old version back.