PDA

View Full Version : New Quintrex 4.2 Renegade with Suzuki 50hp 4Stroke

sunnycoast62
16-12-2013, 06:16 PM
Just wanted to say what a great boat this is and also very happy with the Suzuki 4 stroke 50hp doing all the work. Anyone who has same type of setup with thoughts or tips very much appreciate any comments good or bad...

davo
16-12-2013, 07:33 PM
Are they rated to 50HP? usually at that size it's 30 or 40HP?

sunnycoast62
16-12-2013, 08:09 PM
Yes mate rated to 50hp but I have seen a video clip with a 60hp. Very good motor for this boat...

rodneyk
17-12-2013, 05:59 AM
They are the pick at the moment great little boat will be buying I after new year myself got all the goodies for right money

sunnycoast62
17-12-2013, 12:05 PM
Yes they are the pick at the moment alright. A mate of mine got exactly the same boat, hull painted and with same Lowrance Elite 7 Sounder for about 3 grand cheaper at the Brissie boat show. I am very pleased with the boat though, would definately recommend one. Probably could have got a better deal but that's life hey…if you do get one, enjoy and let me know what you think of it..Cheers..

clone trooper
17-12-2013, 03:32 PM
They are the pick at the moment great little boat will be buying I after new year myself got all the goodies for right money

Keep us posted Rodney, like to hear how you go.

clone trooper
17-12-2013, 03:32 PM
Just wanted to say what a great boat this is and also very happy with the Suzuki 4 stroke 50hp doing all the work. Anyone who has same type of setup with thoughts or tips very much appreciate any comments good or bad...

Any pic's and price Sunny ??

Lantana
17-12-2013, 06:31 PM
I have this boat, however with the Yamaha 4 st 50 HP tiller. Really suits us down to the ground and I reckon a great package for what we want and can handle the occasional bump or run up the bank from my ordinary skippering skills.
Fully loaded with 4 adults I find it takes some getting out of the water and onto the plane. I would be interested to hear how the Suzuki goes. Our Yammy still has the factory fitted prop and I am wondering if something else is the go. As it is mostly just the 2 of us, and it handles that easily I have not worried too much to date.

sunnycoast62
17-12-2013, 07:28 PM
Will post some photo's tomorrow with price…ok

sunnycoast62
17-12-2013, 07:35 PM
I have only two in the boat to date so can't comment that. I do know that it does get onto the plane very easily with two on board. I have also wondered about a different prop, but I'm asuming that the motor would come with the rated prop? don't know about that one…will have to research...

stevej
18-12-2013, 05:18 PM
what revs does it pull in a average loaded state?

don't go changing anything il you knuw that info

sunnycoast62
19-12-2013, 09:24 PM
Going out tomorrow will check and let you know..

AaronT
20-12-2013, 12:00 PM
My brother has this boat but has a 50hp Murcury 4 stroke but fitted with 4 blade prop. He's happy with it and gets up on the plane pretty quick with 3 people on board.

shane450
20-12-2013, 04:23 PM
I just picked up my 4.6 renegade yesterday , putting the new 70 hp yammy 4st tiller on it after xmas , after i ve added a few bits and pieces to it over xmas break :)

sunnycoast62
20-12-2013, 08:32 PM
What Finder did you go with!! I was finally shown how to read a Finder properly today. I have a Lowrance Elite 7 and it seems pretty good so far. Why did you go with a tiller steer? All the best in your new toy..

shane450
21-12-2013, 06:58 AM
What Finder did you go with!! I was finally shown how to read a Finder properly today. I have a Lowrance Elite 7 and it seems pretty good so far. Why did you go with a tiller steer? All the best in your new toy..

Not decided on the sounder yet !

I ll be fitting the new Minnkota bow mount, batteries ,custom esky , bilge , lights , extra underfloor fuel storage , generally going over it and redoing all the bodgy workmanship I ll find when I pull it apart :) it is a production line boat after all .

I also strip the HD redco trailer , change the bearings , tectyl and add a fe extra guides etc

As for the tiller , I mostly lure cast up creeks , some open water work when I m up the Cape /NT , I ve had a few tiller boats @ 50 hp over the years and never found a problem and i really like the room , especially in little boats like the 460 so after much pondering I decided to give a 70 tiller a crack , and really , its easy to convert to side or centre console if I change my mind , plus the standard Quinny console is rubbish and silly expensive IMO :)

Enjoy your renegade as well , they are a great little boat ,

I ve already had a few mates stirring me about buying a cracktrex LOL

sunnycoast62
22-12-2013, 10:35 AM
Have tried uploading other pics but not happening at the moment, here is a couple. I paid $22,000 for the lot including the Elite 7 Sounder

shane450
23-12-2013, 06:34 AM
Nice rig bloke ...

I try forget about the money LOL otherwise it hurts too much when I drag it up the cape and it gets beat up :)

460 Tiller with bow mount bracket........................................... ........................ $8600
1513 Redco braked with HD kit .................................................. ................. $3200
55lb I Pilot bow mount with extra pedal .................................................. ..........$ 2000
2 x Optima Blue top spiral cell batteries .................................................. ..........$ 570
3000 gal bilge RULE ( not sure the price , scammed it out of a supplier :) )
All wiring ( once again pullen a few favours and got it for free )
Sounder/radio budget .................................................. .............................................$2500
Safety gear and anchor............................................ .................................................. $500
70 hp 4st tiller Yammy............................................. .................................................. .$9500

TOTAL + $ 26 870... ouch :) keep that from the better half LOL

shane450
23-12-2013, 06:39 AM
whoops forgot about custom cover , I m thinking $1500
plus two spare wheels , spare spring moubnted to trailer , spare hubs and bearings and extra supports $ 1000

and i could probable do exactly the same stuff with a 10k boat , its just so bloody nice having nice toys :)

sunnycoast62
23-12-2013, 01:46 PM
whoops forgot about custom cover , I m thinking $1500
plus two spare wheels , spare spring moubnted to trailer , spare hubs and bearings and extra supports $ 1000

and i could probable do exactly the same stuff with a 10k boat , its just so bloody nice having nice toys :)

Yes mate it is nice to have all the bells and whistles, one can only dream. I'm pretty happy though..:)

tjotter
26-12-2013, 07:01 AM
Thanks for the Pics & Info.

re " 55lb I Pilot bow mount with extra ....... ..........$ 2000 "

so does that mean you can use either
- wire-less hand remote or
- hard-wired foot pedal ??

shane450
26-12-2013, 08:04 PM
Thanks for the Pics & Info.

re " 55lb I Pilot bow mount with extra ....... ..........$ 2000 "

so does that mean you can use either
- wire-less hand remote or
- hard-wired foot pedal ??

yes , I only use the Ipilot hand control when I m trolling or for the spot lock , when I m casting I much prefer the foot control .

I did the Ipilot mod to my old auto pilot unit , it was a pain in the ass losing the foot control IMO

shane450
26-12-2013, 08:07 PM
so yes you can use both on the new Ipilot units , you just have to buy the foot control seperately !

Shayno
30-01-2014, 01:38 AM

Hi mate

I also bought the same boat 4,2 side console with a 50 hp 4 stroke merc on the back, I am extremely happy with it bought it last September and have already done nearly 30 hours. I did upgrade the prop to a 3 blade vengance which pushes it along nicely (5600rpm at around 35 mph)
The only thing I would say is with 3 or 4 blokes in the boat it took a while to get on the plane thats the downside of a four stroke i suppose, so I fitted a hydrofoil to he motor and that has made a massive difference
Might see you on the water some day

Happy Boating!!
Shayno