PDA

View Full Version : LBT Drain?

madmanjim
10-12-2013, 06:10 PM
Just got the LBT plumbed.

The LBT pump and pickup works fine, however there is two drains on the bottom. A normal black bung, aswell as a white one. I found the water would just be pumped in and drain straight back out once the pump was stopped or the pickup stopped once we were no longer underway.

What is the point of this? Am I suppose to have a bung for the white drain? Although it is not threaded internally like the black one.

I should also mention there is another drain inside the LBT at the same height as the inlet, this is Teed off with the white one on the bottom. The other outlet in the second picture is for the bilge pump.

I have attached pictures.

Cheers!

Jeremy
10-12-2013, 07:24 PM
[QUOTE=madmanjim;1524601] Just got the new boat with LBT plumbed.

Cheers![QUOTE]
I think you should be asking your dealer. Surely just a quick phone call?

bluefin59
10-12-2013, 08:17 PM
It's similar to mine the white one should have a removable pipe that reaches to almost the top so it can hold water then overflow out down the pipe if you know what I mean and yes get I touch with your dealer . Are you sure there isn't another bit of white pipe hanging around on the boat that will fit the white drain whole ..Matt

madmanjim
10-12-2013, 08:24 PM
It's similar to mine the white one should have a removable pipe that reaches to almost the top so it can hold water then overflow out down the pipe if you know what I mean and yes get I touch with your dealer . Are you sure there isn't another bit of white pipe hanging around on the boat that will fit the white drain whole ..Matt

Appreciate the replys guys! Will check it out

Still_Dreamin
10-12-2013, 08:39 PM
mine has a white outlet like yours and a black bung/plug that seals it. As for why there is a second drain.....

bigjimg
10-12-2013, 08:52 PM
Get a plug for the white drain to suit size. You should have an overflow outlet at the top of the tank as well. Jim

Fed
11-12-2013, 05:31 AM
Missing stand pipe & the black bung was an oops.

Plugging the white hole could give you a big surprise.

NAGG
11-12-2013, 06:57 AM
yeh , there should be no need for the black bung .

The stand pipe that pushes into the bottom hole controls the water height - the outlet on the side is an overflow. - I have the same set up (1 stand pipe & 2 overlows & inlet) 98654

To empty the tank - you just pull the stand pipe .

The point of having the overflows is when you are going at speed - a hell of a lot of water is squirted in & the stand pipe wouldn't handle it ( your tank will overflow) when drifting along - the standpipe will take care of the level.

Hope this helps

Chris