PDA

View Full Version : Lennox Head/Balina fishing options?

Camhawk88
04-12-2013, 12:51 PM
Im heading down to Lennox Head/Balina for Xmas and was hoping to wet a line to get the kids onto a few and put a few fish on the BBQ. Looking to get onto some flathead, bream, whiting, tailor etc. Also be interested in if there are any rock ledges that may produce bigger fish like kings, tuna or macks

Will be only landbased and have a 4wd so happy to explore along the beaches. Happy to drown worms, cast SPs or slugs off the beach or the rocks if the kids aren't with me.

Any advice of where to go, what will be biting at that time of year and techniques will be much appreciated. We will be staying at the caravn park in Lennox Head near the beach and lake.

Cheers,;D

Camhawk88
06-12-2013, 08:50 AM
Bump.

Any tips?

Webby08
06-12-2013, 09:35 AM
There were 4 or 5 replies to this one mate but I think they disappeared in the forum maintenance last night..........

For Beach fishing check out

7 Mile beach LENNOX HEAD 4x4 access via the western dirt road that goes behind lake Ainsworth. (Permit needed)
South Ballina Beach 4x4 access (cross burns point Ferry) very soft sand here always air down.

Rock fishing (Lennox back to Ballina)

Boulders beach
Skinners head (IRON PEG very careful here)
Platforms (Climb around the front of headland directy south of the PEG.)
Flat Rock
Black Head
BALLINA North wall
BALLINA South wall

In the rivers etc

North Creek At the end of skinner street wade through the shallows throwing plastics/hardbodys at Flatties. Walk towards Angels beach drive from here (Away from the ocean)

Angels each drive bridge fish off the eastern side of the bridge of a night time on a run out tide. You will find the channel here. Good fatties and schooies

Prospect Lake good for Trevally

Jettys behind RSL and ANZ bank in River Street

Canal (Canal rd) Beside scout hall or under pipeline (behind bowls club.)

Confirm any of these spot at Daves baitshop Beside servo corner or River and Kerr Street......

pommy
06-12-2013, 04:19 PM
Will send you a pm over the weekend.

Rob

JEWIENEWIE
06-12-2013, 08:27 PM
That shuld keep you busy mate, wondered where the posts went. Good info there Webby08
JN

Webby08
06-12-2013, 09:09 PM
That shuld keep you busy mate, wondered where the posts went. Good info there Webby08
JN

Yeah spent a little time around there lol

pommy
07-12-2013, 01:54 PM
When are you in Lennox?

Camhawk88
10-12-2013, 12:14 PM
Thanks for that Webby- gives me some ideas.

Pommy I head down on Sunday so will be there 16th- 26th.

Cheers