PDA

View Full Version : Cover for anchor well on Haines Hunter V17c

pauleanne
01-12-2013, 01:02 PM
Hi All

We have just purchased a Haines Hunter V17c and are just cleaning her up a bit. My question is should there be a cover on the anchor well??

Thanks

mowerman
01-12-2013, 05:23 PM
Mine doesn't have a cover.

Although there is a rebate running around the edge of the well looks as though it was meant for a lid.
Maybe 35 years ago when it was new.:D

Rod

pauleanne
01-12-2013, 08:42 PM
Thanks mowerman. Might see if I can get something made up. Any suggestions??

deckie
01-12-2013, 08:46 PM
In general no need.

Gon Fishun
01-12-2013, 08:54 PM
Haven't got 1 on my v16c, but, with the nanny laws, what's to stop the boys in blue fining us for not having the anchor and chain secured.
Not sure about others, but mine just sits there with the anchor on the chain and the chain on the rope.

Jarrah Jack
01-12-2013, 09:21 PM
The guy to contact if you want one would be Fatbouy on here but it looks like he's been banned along with a few others this weekend. Someone else on here might know his business contact details.

gr hilly
01-12-2013, 11:16 PM
They did come out with a lid over the well, and it does play a part if you do a bit of bar work that instant weight that can cause some nose dive when a good dose of h20 hits.all the best,Hilly99.

Funchy
02-12-2013, 03:32 AM
Fatbouy can be contacted through Nuggets site by PM if you need to

Vitamin Sea
02-12-2013, 09:07 AM
In general no need.

Hey Deckie, i had the anchor and chain go overboard from my 16c years ago on a particulary crappy day western side of peel island, not fun at the time.
It did not have a hatch either.

Cheers

ontourf
02-12-2013, 09:54 AM
Hey guys. I just used my brand new bluefin Rogue Deluxe on the weekend and was about to post the same question. I have an anchor well but wonder how to secure it during travel. Someone suggested a pivoting bow roller or watch stainless bow roller from Bias. This stores anchor and keeps chain away from hull. Otherwise any other ideas. Concerned about anchor flying off on the highway hitting a bump or accident and in water travel also.

Skip

gr hilly
02-12-2013, 10:47 AM
my 4.2 tinny has a well and i have a heavy duty rubber strap to hold down the anchor whilst on the move.cheers.Hilly 99.

Vitamin Sea
02-12-2013, 12:01 PM
Hey guys. I just used my brand new bluefin Rogue Deluxe on the weekend and was about to post the same question. I have an anchor well but wonder how to secure it during travel. Someone suggested a pivoting bow roller or watch stainless bow roller from Bias. This stores anchor and keeps chain away from hull. Otherwise any other ideas. Concerned about anchor flying off on the highway hitting a bump or accident and in water travel also.

Skip

I use a carbine hook to lock down the hatch.

MrNanks
02-12-2013, 02:13 PM
The guy to contact if you want one would be Fatbouy on here but it looks like he's been banned along with a few others this weekend. Someone else on here might know his business contact details.I have the naughty FatBouys number if you need it. Can the last person banned please switch off the lights. It wont be the same without all of them.......Frigging helpful - THE LOT OF THEM

ontourf
03-12-2013, 06:16 PM
Hi, after speaking to guy at Bias, decided to attach 4 of those little white (or black) knobs on each corner of the anchor well and attach two bungy cords across the top.