PDA

View Full Version : Bait station ideas?

Camhawk88
14-11-2013, 11:28 AM
I am getting a bait station made up for the boat and would like some ideas of what people have or would like in a bait station.

It will be 1m long, roughly 60cm wide and about 1 M high. It will drop into mounting holes in the floor so will have clear deck space underneath- no outboard wells or anything in the way. It will also be removable.

So Im open to suggestions- particularly phots of what you might have on yours or have seen on others.

Fire away.

Back In Black
14-11-2013, 12:30 PM
Don't forget a stubbie holder, insulated of course!!

Gon Fishun
14-11-2013, 01:51 PM
And a slide out draw to put your durries in.

bigpat
14-11-2013, 02:43 PM
My thoughts are:

Hinged tilt up cutting board, with a self draining well beneath to store immediate bait supply out of the sun, and less clutter.

Make sure it has slots or something you can slide your knives into.

Stainless steel D rings or similar to slide or hang your pliers, lip grips, scissors, deck wash trigger etc off. Better than drawers for this as they can drip dry.

A couple slide out drawers for immediate use tackle boxes and traces, weights, scales etc.
A rail underneath so you can hang a towel to clean your hands.

Vertical rod holders down the sides to hold the rods while you rig up, that way no one accidentally kicks them, and no one get accidentallly hooked too. Can use these to hold the fish bat as well. Maybe 2 more to make provision for a spreader bar (snapper rack)for fishing rods out the back, if you do that sort of stuff.

Make sure the sides are high enough so stuff doesn't roll / fall off in lumpy seas!

Just my 2 cents worth....

Camhawk88
14-11-2013, 03:28 PM
THanks for the suggestions so far. Pat you have given me some really good ideas.

BB stubby holders are a must- there will be 4 of.
GF I dont smoke but there will be draws- mostly for tackle etc.

bigpat
14-11-2013, 07:56 PM
Happy to be of use mate.....

STUIE63
14-11-2013, 10:19 PM
Cam have you had a look at the baitmate website lots of ideas there