PDA

View Full Version : VMR Cairns

FNQCairns
13-11-2013, 06:35 PM
Been away from boating in the region for around 3 years but back now...have visited the VMR site and the coast guard site but am none the wiser after looking at each so wondering on who looks after boaties in the Cairns region now ?...can anyone cut my search to the quick...looking to join for NRMA/RACQ road service like cover...same as existed years ago.

cheers

lethal098
14-11-2013, 07:46 AM
Coast Guard Cairns
http://www.coastguard.com.au/flotillaqld/34-qf9

FNQCairns
14-11-2013, 11:22 AM
Thanks lethal my mind is becoming like sieve or as i prefer to consider that is so packed full already each new stuff needs to push some old stuff out.

I guess I should ring.... they have no cost or payment stuff on line? That I found anyway.

I remember some arguments over reciprocal agreements and the like...so much to re-learn again...cheers.

Just rang and have forms being sent out 55$ to join...seems too cheap and the same as years ago I think?...I forget...if ever I might need I can add to it as a donation at the time I suppose, they really should have all this stuff online at the relevant base, I hate ringing anywhere instead of just doing it all online these days......volunteer org and all that I understand but they must miss a lot of shoppers when passing through.

lethal098
14-11-2013, 11:47 AM
Yeah its one thing that they still havent sorted out is online Marine Assist applications.

One day we may catch up with the times,

But Reciprocal to any Coast Guard is true,

and i am sure they wont say no to a donation,