PDA

View Full Version : For those who imported boats, trailers etc

Bros
11-11-2013, 07:43 AM
When you imported from the US how did you pay?

Was it by Escrow or some other way?

Muddy Toes
11-11-2013, 09:15 AM
Telephone transfer from my ANZ account to their Bank of America account.

Bros
11-11-2013, 09:23 AM
Telephone transfer from my ANZ account to their Bank of America account.
Did you have any sleepless nights transferring the money to a stranger?

Muddy Toes
11-11-2013, 09:28 AM
Not really to be honest.......

I bought my stuff off a pretty reputable dealer over there so I was pretty confident, besides........we have enough shonks here locally so what is there to lose really?

Apollo
11-11-2013, 09:52 AM
Similar to Muddy - using OzForex for the currency conversion, using a reputable US dealer with history of exporting boats to Australia. Do your research early and well, then know what is expected and when.

Bros
11-11-2013, 11:10 AM
we have enough shonks here locally so what is there to lose really?

At least in Australia we have consumer laws and you can front up and see them and give them a serve.

A friend of mine wants to import from the US because what he wants is not available in Australia.

tropicrows
11-11-2013, 01:04 PM
Similar to Muddy - using OzForex for the currency conversion, using a reputable US dealer with history of exporting boats to Australia. Do your research early and well, then know what is expected and when.

Dito........

kiwimex
11-11-2013, 07:15 PM
I used Ozforex and purchased my boat from Wye River Marine, I would not purchase privately in the USA unless I had someone over there handling the transaction. My Boat Arrived in Brisbane today and I should have it in the next day or so :). I can highly reccomend Wye River Marine, I purchased new and they took care of all the packing and exporting of the boat, very little hassle at all.

mowerman
11-11-2013, 07:22 PM
This could be worth a read.

Rod
http://www.australiatrade.com.au/Shipping/Import/vehicles.htm

Bros
13-11-2013, 12:42 PM
Thanks all I will pass this info on.