PDA

View Full Version : youi insurance, very impressed, i saved $$$.

ranga7
08-11-2013, 08:22 PM
Rang youi insurance today as my car (navara) insurance was due, to my surprise they were $280 cheaper then the insurance broker I've been using for years who sources the cheapest from the lot. $760 down to $480. The guy was really great to deal with to. He said there boat insurance is very competitive to, as I've recently put a claim in for my boat the price was a bit high, but for people who haven't in the last 3 yrs its def worth an inquiry. He said you can link your car,boat and house etc together and get and even better deal. Anyway i was pretty stoked so i thought id post and hopefully save the ausfish family a few dollars… that we can then spend on our BringOnAntherThousand.(BOAT). lol.

cheers ranga.

Matt76
08-11-2013, 08:40 PM
I just signed my 2 car insurances over to them as well. I just hope they are as helpful in the event of a claim. That's where it really matters!

sharkymark2
08-11-2013, 09:20 PM
Hmmm will have to check them out as I have 2 cars 2 boats , house insurance and contents insurance as well.

Shelby35
08-11-2013, 09:53 PM
I have been with youi for the past three years with 2 cars home and contents have found the good. They even sent me a email last month saying they hadn't been giving me my combined policy 20% discount and so the deposited the money in my account and have now applied the discount now.
Byron

cormorant
08-11-2013, 10:00 PM
Are they offering "bait rates " for new customers like the others do for the first year and then jacking it up to normal in year 2 and 3? I haven't had a quote for them but might after a loooong read of the paperwork. Urghhh I hate reading them but better before than after !

goat boy
08-11-2013, 10:24 PM
I have wondered about youi for ages and would like to hear of anyone that has had to actually claim with them? Not knocking them but I would like to know if the service is as good as the price.

Rapson
09-11-2013, 12:56 AM
I have a motorbike and 2 cars with youii and after recently buying a jet ski I gave them a call. Very disappointed that they couldn't even go close to Nautilus or Club Marine. Would still pay to shop around.

Shelby35
09-11-2013, 06:49 AM
I have not had to make a claim as yet touch wood. My rate has not gone up much over the past couple of years even with the floods in the area. Only time will tell I still shop around each year though.
Byron

sandbankmagnet
10-11-2013, 06:00 PM
The proof is when you have to claim. I've found you get what you pay for.

Matt76
10-11-2013, 07:46 PM
So have you had a claim with a cheaper insurance company?

ranga7
11-11-2013, 06:17 AM
Thats not always the case, i swapped to club marine this year which were the cheapest by far, made a claim last month and there've been awesome….
The proof is when you have to claim. I've found you get what you pay for.

Lutjanid2006
11-11-2013, 08:18 AM
I was with one of the major insurances. Sponsors a certain footbal side. Bloke i work with has Youi and his house was damaged in a storm earlier in the year. He reckons Youi was absolutely brilliant. So i called youi and they called me back in 30 seconds. I eventually got car, contents and home insurance. Saved nearly 1 grand on the 3. Funnily the discounts offered by the major insurer almost totalled 1000.

snapperbasher
11-11-2013, 10:36 AM
Im always scared to change insurance companies....... you really only find out if they are good or not when you need to make a claim....its then too late if they are not.....

Not saying a bad word about Youi as I have no experience whatsoever with them.

Lutjanid2006
11-11-2013, 12:07 PM
I wasn't so much as scared as lethargic, but when my insurer went from no flood cover (fine i live on a hill) to no option but to have flood cover (this based on council flood maps, obviously got the wrong one for my address) for peace of mind. This then cost me around 300 bucks increase the last 2 years. Well lethargy went to anger and i thought you can stick your flood cover where the flood don't shine. I figure I'm just following their slogan. "experience the difference" Well i have and i'm now i'm going to be a few grand better off for it.

Apollo
11-11-2013, 12:31 PM
I tried one of the budget insurance companies a few years ago with my wifes car. They were cheaper and easy to deal with with the setting up of the policy. All went well UNTIL, I had to claim. Her car was hit in a car park when she wasn't there. Then the hassle started. Comparing to the ease of say getting a claim through with RACQ, it was a PITA. Missus had to get a drivers record from the RTA (we live out of town) even though she wasn't in the car at the time. I took the car to our repairer who is well reputed and approved with pretty much all insurers. Get a call back from the repairer. The insurer outsources their handling of repairs and they were getting hassled about their quote (never had this issue with previous claims with RACQ) and the insurer wants them to use secondhand and cheap knock off parts, then warranty the work. They will if they can use decent components to start with. Arguement between the repairer and insurance company (their representative) continued on whilst in the meantime, we ain't getting the car fixed. Eventually sorted out and got fixed ok, but it was a PITA and took longer than it should. Flicked that insurer as soon as the renew came around and went back to RACQ.

The company was not youi and I would be very carefully discussing with any insurer prior to starting a policy what their claim system is and repair policy. Especially the budget type ones. I pay my insurance, so when I have an accident, the insurance company makes the process as stress free as possible.

I will be very interested to hear from a very people with a youi policy that has had to make a claim or two.

Steve

morphias
11-11-2013, 01:22 PM
I am in the process of changing over to Youi after a horror claim experience with RACQ, who my wife and I have been with for some 15yrs+ with two cars comprehensively insured. Premiums have gone UP every year, not down. They are now at a point where is is not economical to insure them at the premium versus their current market value.

Long story short:

* hit a wallaroo way out west in my 4WD
* wanted to give me a Yaris for the remainder of the trip despite telling them I would be on rural properties with no sealed roads and would potentially damage a low slung 2WD just driving to the homestead from the road
* relented and gave me an Aurion...gee...thanks
* didn't want to send the car back to Brisbane - were going to make me drive back out there to collect it once it had been repaired - fought that and then got it shipped to Brisbane
* when I picked up the car, all the interior plastics and drawers from the boot had been swapped with those out of a significantly more abused vehicle, air compressor stolen and ropes, shackles, etc, were between the body and the plastics - they refused to cover it till I said it was stolen while in their possession, so I would be calling the police - they eventually replaced the plastics, but none of the stolen items. Only the front of the vehicle was damaged BTW

From the time of the accident to getting the car back completely fixed was nearly a month and they would not extend the loan car past 7 days.

Pricks can eat a d^$* - 15 years of loyalty for nothing. Then there are all the people they utterly SHAFTED after the floods.

Ben.

snapperbasher
11-11-2013, 01:51 PM
I have always used Suncorp....

I had a great experience with them about 10 years ago when I sunk my 80 series in a river up the Cape....

Absolutely hassle free claim...... they even replaced a winch from another vehicle that helped recover me and burnt out their winch......

They basically asked me what happened....I told them that I drove into the river got hung up on a rock it then rained and flooded the river...... they never questioned it or looked for a reason to knock back the claim..... which im sure they could have had they wanted too....

CruiserV8100
11-11-2013, 02:03 PM
YOUi told me they wouldn't even come close to matching or bettering me Cruiser insurance with Alianz. Allianz wont better your insurance even if its garaged all week and not driven. RACQ tried to claim for one of their drivers against me for them running a stop sign and hitting me. Shannons never rang me back. Their all the same we are just another number in their system trying to screw us over and make a few quid..

stinkyfinger
12-11-2013, 03:01 PM
I was with Club Marine for all my boats for well over 12 years until I had to make a claim lol.
After that I changed all business away from them & learnt a very important lesson from that too.
The whole $130 a year I saved on each boat ended up costing me $5000.
The claim was for $12500, then the games started.
They told me when I first put the claim in that they would generally look at what the engine & leg were worth as combined amount, (by law they told me) even though the damage was the sterndrive only.
Anyway when all the quotes came back @ $12500.
They decided that the leg second hand would only be worth $3000 lol. & proceeded to only pay me $3000 from the $12500 sterndrive,
They were not even going to pay for slipping or storage.
I fought them a bit & got $6000 from them, but I was still out of pocket $6500,
By taking a few short cuts & buying parts offshore I ended up only being out of pocket $5000.

I then went to the International boat show & asked all the boat dealers that were not agents for insurance companies who was the worst for paying out, They all said Club Marine was the worst in the boating industry when it came to claims
Now I stick to NRMA, they are big & actually value their customers.
As since changing over I did have a claim with NRMA & it was a straight forward get a quote & they paid the repair.
So never buy an insurance policy based on the price of the premium, but on who actually pays out when a problem arises.
Because if you do the sums, it would of taken me 138 years of insuring it to make up the $130 per year I saved lol.

Chimo
12-11-2013, 03:10 PM
stinkyfinger has exceeded his stored private messages quota and cannot accept further messages (PMs) until they clear some space. Hard to answer to a full box

Cheers
Chimo

Chimo
12-11-2013, 03:13 PM
The comments about Club are a worry to one who has insurance with them but never had a claim; so far. Still SF its a bit of a worry never the less

C
C

stinkyfinger
12-11-2013, 09:33 PM
Even harder when you have emptied the inbox & still says its full lol.
That's all 5 pm's I am allowed anyway lol.

Chimo
13-11-2013, 06:32 AM
You get more eventually Go to inbox, tick box on rhs on those to be deleted, go to bottom rhs tick delete.

NAGG
13-11-2013, 07:21 AM
Insurance companies can only be rated when you have to make a claim - too many times someone has given me the heads up on a cheap Insurance price , only to hear them at some stage whinging about a claim that has gone bad.
I can't speak highly enough of the "NRMA" boat , car , home content ...... I've had the need to make claims on all of these policies over the last 5 years since moving to Qld - all cases were resolved quickly , professionally & never felt that it was like pulling teeth or that I was in the wrong.

Am I paying a premium for it ? - if I am ..... it wouldn't be massive

All insurance companies will take your money - and some will take less ..... but they aint to keen to payout - and that's the most important part of a good insurance policy (cost Vs benefit)

Chris

AnthonyL
13-11-2013, 12:58 PM
I haven't got a price off them yet but intend to as currently pay $800 per month just for insurance for cars, boat, house etc with NRMA.

I do a lot of work for insurance companies and Youi have proved to be the fastest to pay on a claim. Sometimes we wait around 6 months or even longer but Youi pay out within weeks so I was impressed with that.

gavwk
13-11-2013, 01:17 PM
there will be good and bad stories for all insurance companies, a customer had a bad experience with NRMA home insurance, so I guess we just have to hope for the best when making a claim.

Cheech
13-11-2013, 01:36 PM
I am about to switch from Suncorp to Club Marine. This is partly based on the experience the Shy Guys had when they wrote of the boat on the way back from 1770. Even though the policy had recently expired, they still paid out.

I hate threads like this as I am now questioning what I should do.

the gecko
13-11-2013, 03:17 PM
Ive been following insurance threads on ausfish for about 8 years now. The only one that seems to pay out professionally and consistantly is Suncorp. All the others seem to employ 'loss minimisers' to reduce payouts for petty technical reasons.

If I was going to go with anyone, it would be suncorp. If I actually put $400 a year into a seperate savings account, it would be now up to $3200, and the boat has depreciated from $9000 to roughly 7k now. So Im in front by my reckoning.

I haven't got a price off them yet but intend to as currently pay $800 per month just for insurance for cars, boat, house etc with NRMA.

So you pay almost $10k a year in insurance? You are earning too much money, lol.......Wish I could afford your lifestyle.

cheers
Andrew

morphias
13-11-2013, 03:20 PM
Just finished changing the house (which is 3yrs old and huge) and contents with A LOT of specified personal items over $1000, two cars and my rental property to Youi today. Over the last 3 days, it has been about 4hrs on the phone, but each policy is heavily customized to what I want, not a cookie cutter one-size-fits-all policy.

One car is a little more expensive to insure than what I was paying with RACQ and it is more expensive than the other car even though both cars were purchased at the same time it was less than half the price of the other car - go figure?! The situation was the same with RACQ anyway. Suzuki Swift - cheap to buy - dear as poison to insure.

That said, the total saving across the 4 policies is ~$1,100p.a. :D $1,100 dollars a year makes the 4hrs on the phone worth it!

Also means if the house burns down and takes one or both cars with it, I only pay the house excess, not the excess for each policy.

The other thing I like about Youi is you get an account manager and you only deal with them via their direct number and e-mail address.

Ben.

ranga7
13-11-2013, 04:36 PM
Ill disagree with " never buy a policy based on price of premium" I recently hit something at sea and stuffed the whole bottom end of my outboard including gear box. Around $6000 to fix and club marine were straight onto it and 3 weeks later boat is back. They were the cheapest i could find.
I was with Club Marine for all my boats for well over 12 years until I had to make a claim lol.
After that I changed all business away from them & learnt a very important lesson from that too.
The whole $130 a year I saved on each boat ended up costing me $5000.
The claim was for $12500, then the games started.
They told me when I first put the claim in that they would generally look at what the engine & leg were worth as combined amount, (by law they told me) even though the damage was the sterndrive only.
Anyway when all the quotes came back @ $12500.
They decided that the leg second hand would only be worth $3000 lol. & proceeded to only pay me $3000 from the $12500 sterndrive,
They were not even going to pay for slipping or storage.
I fought them a bit & got $6000 from them, but I was still out of pocket $6500,
By taking a few short cuts & buying parts offshore I ended up only being out of pocket $5000.

I then went to the International boat show & asked all the boat dealers that were not agents for insurance companies who was the worst for paying out, They all said Club Marine was the worst in the boating industry when it came to claims
Now I stick to NRMA, they are big & actually value their customers.
As since changing over I did have a claim with NRMA & it was a straight forward get a quote & they paid the repair.
So never buy an insurance policy based on the price of the premium, but on who actually pays out when a problem arises.
Because if you do the sums, it would of taken me 138 years of insuring it to make up the $130 per year I saved lol.

ranga7
13-11-2013, 04:45 PM
Switched house contents over to youi as well today from suncorp it worked out 1/3 the price i was paying. Ive heard good and bad stories about all insurance companies and that will never change and I'm sure youi will be no different, in the mean time I'm going with them and saving my hard earned money.

Johnm
13-11-2013, 10:41 PM
I was rcently shopping for insurance quotes and youi was the worst to deal with there was one price given when i said that others were better it basically came down to what did i want to pay. The product statement was also the worse. From my experience it was a very amateur outfit with no standard way of quoting.

stinkyfinger
14-11-2013, 01:25 PM
If you want to insure with any company, then you need to know who pays out the best when some thing goes wrong,
So how do you find this out,
Ask the people who do insurance work that are not tied to any insurance company, Ask boat repair places that don't sell insurance policies.
Ask them who is the worst for paying claim,
I do know mates who have claimed with Club Marine & had their claim sorted fast, but I have since my problem met a hell of a lot of people who have been screwed by them,
So I then knew I was going to leave, but who do I use, well ask as many repair places as you can who pays the best, over all you'll get a clear idea of your averages of getting paid when something goes wrong, I mean remember, That's why you pay your insurance policy in the first place lol.
Don't forget, they will only pay out on genuine claims, I've heard some guys complaining at the marina that their insurance company didn't pay,
But when you see their boat, you know why they didn't pay lol.
Seen one a few months back that sank on the mooring,
The boat had more barnicals on it than the rocks near by had oysters, I think the boat had been sitting there unused longer than the bolder had been sitting in the water lol.
But ask the mechanics about genuine claims & who pays the best & who doesn't.
I only mentioned before about the home work I had done @ the Sydney International Boat Show.
I asked every dealer there & 95% said that Club marine were the worst & I'm sure most said that either NRMA or Nautilus Marine were the 2 best at paying claims.
Don't forget the QLD floods & A Rising River is not a Flood

morphias
14-11-2013, 01:57 PM
I was rcently shopping for insurance quotes and youi was the worst to deal with there was one price given when i said that others were better it basically came down to what did i want to pay. The product statement was also the worse. From my experience it was a very amateur outfit with no standard way of quoting.

Sorry to hear you had that experience - mine was the complete opposite.

spears
16-11-2013, 04:15 PM
Few points is ....what's written in the fine print for that reduced price

Secondly a group owns a handful of the major insurance companies around australia,you may think that mob just lost my business but you only switched over to another one they own.

Who are they all ..do your homework you guys should already know this