PDA

View Full Version : Mercury tiller steer 2 Stroke 30HP outboard jolting

ConStambo
08-11-2013, 05:42 PM
Hey guys,

Basically my outboard engine is playing up. It's been running very slow, just enough to make a wake and basically it's been jolting in neutral and when put in forward also. It happens every time I been taking it out on the water. Eventually (between 30minutes-2 hours) it'll start jolting faster and faster while round full throttle and then it'll stop the jolting all together and run at its full potential. I've noticed it jolts more at lower revs.

If it helps, I've replaced the spark plugs on the engine.

Basically I broke in the engine using a 25:1 ratio (as advised by my dealer) so not sure if maybe it had too much oil in the mixture? Now I've started putting 50:1 mix. I'm thinking it could be something to do with the fuel getting through? Any help would be great! I'm new to this stuff also. :)

Noelm
08-11-2013, 06:46 PM
If its just run in, sounds like it may be a new motor?, if so, take it back for repair, not exactly sure what jolting is by he way.

cormorant
08-11-2013, 10:55 PM
Get your dealer to run it in his test tank and resolve what it is. Could be a lot of things but let the dealer sort it under warranty.

One dumb thing you could check is that the right spark plug lead is on the right spark plug. Look at a photo of your motor in manual .

ConStambo
09-11-2013, 10:19 PM
At the moment going tribunal with the dealership so not exactly in the best of terms, but thank you for the information guys.

cormorant, tanks for the advice I'll check it out tomorrow.

cormorant
09-11-2013, 10:27 PM
Get another dealer to do a mechanical report on the motor in a format acceptable to you and the dealer so you and they know what is wrong?. Not a good sign that you are already headed to a useless tribunal and many a time they don't satisfy any party and those that have been involved with them before are at a huge advantage.

let us know how it all works out