PDA

View Full Version : 2400 Kevlacat..Good or bad

bannana
01-11-2013, 05:31 PM
Guys I'm not in the market to buy one of these boats but as a cat fan I'm curious to here some feedback from past and present owners about the 2400kc.

I dont want to turn this into a debate over what boats better in the smaller cat range I just want to hear from genuine guys who have spent time in these boats and can give fair and constructive comments (both positive and negative) on this hull. I'm particularly interested if anyone has spent time in one of the newer hulls and can give a comparison from the two.

Cheers

Keith

rosco1974
01-11-2013, 06:38 PM
I am a big fan of them keith...I guess there a bit trim sensitive..i find u need to trim the outboards constantly(cornering and for swell direction)..prob say the worst swell direction would be following sea.but in sayin that you just have to drive it harder to stop the tunnel slap(create more lift )...tunnel slap at trolling speed...other than that pretty awesome boats mate..will tee up that trip out soon mate...deffinatly wont ride like your 3100 noosacat but does me...
cheers rosco

perko
01-11-2013, 07:26 PM
Good, very good. But saying that my next cat will be a Noosa Cat 2300. Gut feeling is the build quality will be better.

rat_catcher
01-11-2013, 09:37 PM
I have a friend with one. He loves it, but personally I don't like the low gunwale height and the driving position while seated. Also think they are a bit spartan for the money.