PDA

View Full Version : For TimiBoy

rat_catcher
28-10-2013, 06:10 PM
Hey TimiBoy I think I have found Bubi up this way for sale again. Am tempted to go have a look and see if I can make do with this rig rather than worry about building a platey. Other option is a 680 Patriot with a 225hp 4S Yamaha, but it is an older boat with less gear.

Like the way you fitted Bubi out, but am concerned about seaworthiness for 60Nm runs each way given I have read and heard about the comparisons of the CC hull vs the Patriot hull shape.

Of course the old lady would be happier with your ex-rig vs the Patriot. Much more family friendly for anchoring at the islands.

Any tips on your old rig?

Captain Seaweed
28-10-2013, 06:41 PM
Im not sure how often Timiboy gets on here mate, have you got a number for him? I know he would be keen to see how it looks these days!

rat_catcher
28-10-2013, 06:42 PM
No don't have a number, but sent him a PM too. Maybe he will get a notification email.

Apollo
29-10-2013, 07:02 AM
I have sent him a text letting him know you are trying to contact him.

TimiBoy
29-10-2013, 07:22 AM
No, I don't spend a lot of time here any more, though that should change next year when I buy a boat again... LOOKING NOW! The longer I wait, the bigger she gets.

Yep, that's Bubi alright. Raised a lump in my throat I can tell you.

She's lovely in any sea, for a start. Used to hit a little hard before tabs, but the QL tabs were amazing and made her ride very soft, and you can't tangle a fish around them. That range is no issue, though the guys who bought here were driving out at 30 knots, and that burns too much juice. The V-Rod is marvellous, punches like an absolute bitch - it'll give you a woody, I promise! Quiet, quite economical as long as you don't thrash it. 25 knots always seemed "right." Not sure about this "brand new" electronics package, as she had VX2 when I sold her and she looks the same as she was when I sold her :( . You won't find much better in terms of electrics, though the furuno can be a challenge to figure out. Worth it once you have though.

IMO 74 grand is too dear. This will be a tough sell, as people are still nervous about the Merc, though God knows why. I reckon the market says 65 - 70, you only have to look at the time they sit unsold.

Ask away, I'll check the thread every day or two.

Suggested upgrades for camping: get rid of the fridge it was hopeless. Fit solar charging and one or two extra batteries where the fridge was. Then you can run a WAECO easy, there is enough space. Apart from that, I had no other changes in mind, she was really sweet, and not a day goes by when I don't miss her.

Cheers

rat_catcher
29-10-2013, 08:43 AM
What is the fuel usage at 25 knots? I always cruised my 702L + Suzuki DF250 at 26 knots as this felt just right and she used 36 litres per hour at this speed. Had two tanks totalling 305 litres. So had a range of about 200Nm with a 10% fuel reserve.

rat_catcher
29-10-2013, 08:44 AM
And agree $74k is too high, which is probably why it has been sitting for a while. Am not in a rush. Will see how it all shakes out and then maybe make a cash offer.

rat_catcher
29-10-2013, 08:46 AM
And yep the 'new' electronics package! I realised it was exactly the same as when you had the rig based off searches on here. Wasn't sure about the Hummingbird 797 though. But would probably ditch this for another smaller networked Furuno screen.

rat_catcher
29-10-2013, 08:49 AM
And agree $74k is too high, which is probably why it has been sitting for a while. Am not in a rush. Will see how it all shakes out and then maybe make a cash offer.

Am also looking at a 680 Patriot with a 225hp Yamaha 4s for around the same money. Need to try and get a ride in both to make a decision. Still have the Sensa Brake controller in the Landcruiser so she would just be a 'hook up and drive away' deal! :)

TimiBoy
29-10-2013, 10:58 AM
At 25 in smooth seas she drank about 36 lph.

The Humminbird was a wank, really. I just wanted to see sidescan and yeah it was cool but you're right, a 585 would be better.

I think a 225 would under power a 680...

TimiBoy
29-10-2013, 11:00 AM

They talked me down a LONG way. They got the boat cheap. Trust me, they have room to move, there's no way they owe 74 on it, not even close.

solemandownunder
29-10-2013, 12:05 PM
Ok...I am bemused....maybe you 2 can see something that I cannot :-?

There is no link to "Bubi" that I can see in this thread....is it a "closed" thing :-?

Maybe if we could all see what is being spoken about here, then some could have some input....unless....no input is wanted or needed ::)

Cheers, Ray.

Chimo
29-10-2013, 12:18 PM
Ray

Older AFs probably remember Timi's former boat "Bubi" so newer but still older AF's probably don't need to worry their pretty little heads about "Bubi" who may yet re-appear in these pages; subject to price and availability after a satisfactory test and haggle session if this is deemed appropriate..............

Welcome back too, by the way...........

Cheers
Chimo

PS Girls still being women by the way.........

PPS http://www.boatsales.com.au/boats-for-sale/boatdetails.aspx?seot=1&R=15852724&silo=-1&__Ns=pCar_RankSort_Int32|1||pCar_Price_Decimal|1|| pCar_Make_String|0||pCar_Model_String|0&Cr=&trecs=6&__N=1456%20285%204294911145%204294899697

solemandownunder
29-10-2013, 12:34 PM
Ray

Older AFs probably remember Timi's former boat "Bubi" so newer but still older AF's probably don't need to worry their pretty little heads about "Bubi" who may yet re-appear in these pages; subject to price and availability after a satisfactory test and haggle session if this is deemed appropriate..............

Welcome back too, by the way...........

Cheers
Chimo

PS Girls still being women by the way.........

Hey Peter, thanks for the welcome back, was GREATLY relieved to hear your positive results of late re: the doctors...good sh*t (so to speak) M8.

BUBI....MAY be old hat........BUT, to the NEWER members such as me good self, the thread is rather blase WITHOUT an odd piccie or 2 to understand just what is being discussed here.

Thanks fer the link......:D

ps: re the girls & their toys..... It's a girls thing......get it ALL the time8-)

Cheers, Ray.

Muddyfeet
29-10-2013, 01:17 PM
Hey Peter, thanks for the welcome back, was GREATLY relieved to hear your positive results of late re: the doctors...good sh*t (so to speak) M8.

BUBI....MAY be old hat........BUT, to the NEWER members such as me good self, the thread is rather blase WITHOUT an odd piccie or 2 to understand just what is being discussed here.

Thanks fer the link......:D

ps: re the girls & their toys..... It's a girls thing......get it ALL the time8-)

Cheers, Ray.

Ray there are a lot of things that make no sense to me either. But I just mind my own business and plod along in my own special world.

rat_catcher
29-10-2013, 01:23 PM
At 25 in smooth seas she drank about 36 lph.

OK so basically the same as my 702L then.

The Humminbird was a wank, really. I just wanted to see sidescan and yeah it was cool but you're right, a 585 would be better.

Was thinking more like another VX2 screen so I could network them. I think from memory there was smaller screen that would sit well where the Hummingbird currently sits.

I think a 225 would under power a 680...

I am starting to think the same.

rat_catcher
29-10-2013, 01:26 PM
Ok...I am bemused....maybe you 2 can see something that I cannot :-?

There is no link to "Bubi" that I can see in this thread....is it a "closed" thing :-?

Maybe if we could all see what is being spoken about here, then some could have some input....unless....no input is wanted or needed ::)

Cheers, Ray.

Sorry Ray. Wasn't trying to exclude anybody, but see Chimo has fixed the problem so all good now.

rat_catcher
29-10-2013, 01:27 PM

LOL and yes maybe!

TimiBoy
29-10-2013, 02:19 PM
Yep, there is a smaller screen, I forget the code, but it's NOT the 585. everything else on there is networked: Autopilot, 2Kw sounder, radar, GPS. It's all plug 'n' play if you buy the right gear.

Duckfish
29-10-2013, 03:48 PM
Ray there are a lot of things that make no sense to me either. But I just mind my own business and plod along in my own special world.

Bubi use to be a CC 685 with a big Verado Merc.

rat_catcher
29-10-2013, 08:06 PM
Bubi use to be a CC 685 with a big Verado Merc.

Still is! LOL

solemandownunder
29-10-2013, 09:48 PM

I DO see ur point there MF...and like you, I do much the same...except that, as it is in open forum, then it is ANYONES' business and I would feel impolite in not adding my 2cents worth in a very interesting (to me) thread.:D

You see, MY special world is all MINE and is a lil' different to yours...piccies just seem to DO it for me :P

Guess I am just one of those blokes that like to understand what is going on, no more-no less ;)

Black_Rat
29-10-2013, 10:09 PM
Yep, that's Bubi alright. Raised a lump in my throat I can tell you.

Looked familiar the other day when I was window shopping ! ;D