PDA

View Full Version : Clark Dominator Boats

Bassmaster1
27-10-2013, 07:04 PM
Hi All,

A few months ago I put up a post regarding what type of tinny I should buy - had been looking very closely at Quintrex Top Ender 480 - 490. Someone suggested I look at a Clark Dominator, so I did. I must say these boats seem quite impressive value for money wise, 3mm fully welded, good layout etx, but I wonder how they ride, has anyone been in one or know someone who owns one and heard how they go? It's very difficult to actually take one for a test run as they are a relatively new boat not many 2nd hand ones around etc and a dealer wants $200 to take one for a test run!

Any comments would be appreciated.

Cheers

Bassmaster1
27-10-2013, 08:05 PM
FYI Clark Dominator 4.85 is the model I am considering

hino310
28-10-2013, 03:59 PM
FYI Clark Dominator 4.85 is the model I am considering

I don't know where you are located but i saw a 485 Dominator through the fence of the Gold Coast dealer at Paradise Point if that helps.

Bassmaster1
29-10-2013, 09:39 PM
Thanks Hino Brisbane CBD

whiting
30-10-2013, 07:00 AM
I've had a Dominator 4.85 for just over 12 months.
I'm quite happy - only thing is I think they are a bit wet - but then again most side console's are - I just thing the Quintrex would be less wet.
Other than that I'm very happy.

gunna
30-10-2013, 08:40 AM
It was me that suggested them. I have the 4.35 with a 60 four stroke and just love it. Its much better than any of my previous boats. Get some spray when the waves are quarter on - but that happens with all boats. I was sold on the things that came standard - like 2 plumbed tanks, forward and rear platforms, leccy mount, and under floor fuel. Not to mention 3mm side and bottom. No other maker came near in that size boat.

Happy to take you for a run if you are up Sunny Coast way.
Cheers

kaspa2009
30-10-2013, 11:59 AM
Bassmaster

Have a chat to Karee Marine at Rocklea I'm sure they can line you up a test run in one of the 485 dominator.

fisho8
31-10-2013, 08:58 AM
Hey mate have a look into these I can arrange a test run free of charge for you if you like a good mate of mine works down at Northside Marine.

http://www.boatsales.com.au/boats-for-sale/boatdetails.aspx?R=15000143&Silo=Stock&Vertical=Boat&Ridx=0&eapi=2

$200 for a test run is ridiculous I would tell them to jam it and go elsewhere.

Bassmaster1
05-11-2013, 09:39 PM
Thanks all so much to consider I agree $200 for a test ride is bloody reduculas if you wanna sell boats!!!

I used to have a quintrex hornet trophy and that boat was very very wet so hope the new boat will be a vast improvement.

I hear great things about the Top Enders too but hard to find with all the right bits at the right price. Anyone else been out in a Dominator?

Cheers

Bassmaster1
05-11-2013, 09:43 PM
It was me that suggested them. I have the 4.35 with a 60 four stroke and just love it. Its much better than any of my previous boats. Get some spray when the waves are quarter on - but that happens with all boats. I was sold on the things that came standard - like 2 plumbed tanks, forward and rear platforms, leccy mount, and under floor fuel. Not to mention 3mm side and bottom. No other maker came near in that size boat.

Thanks Gunnna will let you know how I get on and appreciate the test ride off

Happy to take you for a run if you are up Sunny Coast way.
Cheers

Thanks Gunna appreciate the offer mate for the test run very kind of you. I'll see how I get on mate and let you know.

Cheers

Shelby35
06-11-2013, 03:35 PM
There is one for sale on Gumtree http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/biloela/motorboats-powerboats/clark-485-dominator-4-92-metres-75hp-12-months-old/1031271013
Byron

SnaggedAgain
14-05-2014, 08:34 PM
A mate has a 485 Dominator and he is very happy with it was sold on the value for money , layout and features, i have been out in it a few times and although it was a bit big in some shallow creeks it went well around the islands and in open water. we did get wet early that morning travelling into some chop coming from front on but other than that i would rate the layout and standard features better than a Renagade but i am not able to comment on the ride of a Renagade.

oldie
16-05-2014, 08:44 PM
blade hull will blow the dominator hull away in any chop only have to look at both boats front on