PDA

View Full Version : new tandem trailer

bobbyb
17-10-2013, 08:44 AM
I all, due for a new trailer for my little platie . currently on single axle with load rated at 1500kg. but thinking of going tandem for smoother towing and hopefully get a couple of beach trips in one day.:)

any way we all know they want a arm and two legs for them, best value for money I can find is seatrail trailers.

have any of you guy go one, good...bad...ugley. cheers rob..:)

bobbyb
17-10-2013, 09:11 AM
http://www.seatrailqld.com.au/al58t.html

Jarrah Jack
17-10-2013, 09:12 AM
I don't think a tandem will tow better than a single axle, worse in my experience. Also I don't think a tandem will be any better for beach work.

Not saying you shouldn't get a tandem but not necessarily for those reasons.

Mr__Bean
17-10-2013, 09:17 AM
Do not consider them for anything near salt water.

They are cheap Chinese made parts sent over in container and assembled in Australia.

I will never ever buy another Seatrail trailer.

Poor welds, very poor galvanising, shit quality parts fitted, heaps of silver paint sprayed over large areas of void galvanising that corrodes within 3 or so months.

Happy to show you just how bad my 2 year old double jetski trailer is.

I bought a cheap trailer and that is what I got.

Darren

Mr__Bean
17-10-2013, 09:19 AM
And while I am still shitty about it, would you believe they don't even use galvanised bolts on the trailer?

Darren

bobbyb
17-10-2013, 10:01 AM
Mr- bean, sounds scary, thanks for the advise.

jarrah jack, thanks for the advise. I always said my next boat wont be to big or to small so I can have a single axle trailer, less maintenance, less expensive, and no screwing the tires when turning on road. so now I got it and happy enough butt boat probably weighs 1400kg. so thinking a lot of weight on two bearings and a bit worried about any long trips.. also 4 wheels sharing the load on the sand has to be better then two.. cheers