PDA

View Full Version : Making my Honda outboard pretty again

PeterKroll
03-10-2013, 10:18 PM
My Honda 4-stroke has got a large bit of corrosion around just below where the engine cowl clips on. What's the best way to prepare this for painting? Is there anything special I need to know to do a good job? Mine is a 2000 model, is the paint still available, or is Honda paint the same all the way through?

bigpat
05-10-2013, 08:47 AM
In my opinion, rub it back, and hit it with a good etch primer. The Honda colour is 'Oyster Silver'. I know Honda dealers sell it in a pressure pack, but its bloody dear.

I think originally it's a 2 paint system, with the metallic base, and a clear coat over the top.

I just buy touch cans from S/cheap, in Kashmir Silver, it's damn near close enough......

PeterKroll
05-10-2013, 05:31 PM
bigpat, you've won me. That's what I'll do. Thank you.

ericcs
06-10-2013, 08:59 AM
you can also try autobahn, if oyster silver is also a car colour, they can make up a pressure pack on the spot

PeterKroll
06-10-2013, 02:28 PM
Autobahn, eh? Thanks for the tip.i'll check it out. But first, I feel a song coming on.....

Seahorse
06-10-2013, 03:15 PM
Peter
Yes you will need to sand area, etch prime and top coat.
The cans u get from autobarn are acrylic and u can also get a top coat clear.
What part of town u in as iam in the auto paint game and sell it.

I can put paint into an aerosol can. Top coat clear also comes in an aerosol as well as the etch primer. So u can do the whole job in aerosols.

Mate, the place i work for have a shop at Brendale and loganholme if thats any help.

Cheers
Greg

PeterKroll
06-10-2013, 03:59 PM
Greg, I live on Coochiemudlo Island. I do get to Australia from time to time. Can you pm me your contact details, and I'll get in touch. Thanks.

solemandownunder
06-10-2013, 05:22 PM
Can be a inbetween (courier) for Loganholme & Coochie....if that helps guys :)

Cheers, Ray.