PDA

View Full Version : Treatment by arrogant boat dealers

Pacificbanana
03-10-2013, 06:59 PM
Deleted text

bigjimg
03-10-2013, 08:25 PM
Unbelievable. What a D/head. Mate i would send them photo's in the abundance once you get your new rig.
Send out as much bad publicity to teach the knob a lesson.
That is just disgraceful and shows their true colours. Good luck with your search. Jim

ShaneC
03-10-2013, 09:08 PM
Deal straight with the NC factory. Take a big pill of patience as its frustrating at times but I'd rather that than dealing with the offensive prick at Inverloch who thinks he can tell someone's worth at a glance.

Darren Mc
03-10-2013, 09:09 PM
What about a Kevlacat?

peterbo3
03-10-2013, 09:12 PM
I am hoping that you signed a contract to purchase with a clause that states that the purchase is dependent on " a satisfactory sea trial" or words to that effect. You really need to consult a lawyer/Fair Trading re this matter. Paying a non refundable $500 for a sea trial is dodgy but it will all depend on the paperwork.

CruiserV8100
03-10-2013, 09:44 PM
We live in a world of judgement, first impressions and how you appear to present yourself. I went boat shopping in my thongs and boardies fun day that was. Remember Sundown Marine well that salesman kicking back in his chair with his feet up on his desk looking out his open door at me thinking pfff. Poor bastard almost fell out of his chair when I pulled 30grand out of my back pack all $100 bills showed him and continued to walk back to my 4wd and leave with him quickly trying to catch me before I left the yard. I bought a boat that day from another yard and drove past and tooted my horn and waved.

Captain Seaweed
04-10-2013, 04:49 AM
That's gold, I hate car and boat salesman.

Shark Poker
04-10-2013, 05:17 AM
I used to work in boat sales and have heard this kind of stuff a million times.

What you have to do is introduce yourself and make it clear that you are going to make a purchase (of a certain type of product) in the very near future..... If they can arrange what you want and look after you.
Otherwise you will buy from somewhere else.

Good luck with your shopping.

Boat Hog
04-10-2013, 06:15 AM
I used to work in boat sales and have heard this kind of stuff a million times..

That's gold, I hate car and boat salesman.

Just joining the dots ....

PB, something doesn't sound quite right .... are you sure it wasn't $500 fee for a test run and if you buy the boat that amount comes off the purchase price??

Cheers,

no chicken tonight
04-10-2013, 06:47 AM
Im with you Boat Hog, Id of thought it was non refundable unless you buy it.
I can see a boat salesmans issue though. Its not like test driving a car. With a boat, it would be almost half a days work for just a single demo run, and lets face it, there are a lot of knobs who would love a free boat ride.
Salesmen definately need to stop judging potential customers at a glance. It is very offensive and costs them sales.
I stood around waiting for a salesman at the Honda car dealership in southport for 15 minutes only to watch a lady walk in and get rushed by 2 salesmen who must of been pretending to be on the phone while I tryed to get their attention. I walked out feeling very disapointed, and went and bought a Mazda instead.

perko
04-10-2013, 06:52 AM
I am starting too look around my next boat but have a bit of trouble getting a response from any emails I send. I can't ring during business hours because of the type of job I do so I rely on email to communicate. What is the sense in advertising an email address if you don't respond. Then to hear that there is a 12 -18 month wait on a plate boat to be built. Seems like a better option to sit and wait for a suitable 2nd hand boat and modify it to suit with the money you save on the purchase.

rexaway123
04-10-2013, 07:08 AM
see my posts on your other cat topic pacificBanana about deal directly with Noosacat... I built hardtop cabin 2300/2400 with them last year all 100% positive and saved ALOT $$$ and got customised

Pacificbanana
04-10-2013, 08:47 AM
Deleted text

Pacificbanana
04-10-2013, 08:59 AM
deleted text

rexaway123
04-10-2013, 09:10 AM
You should just contact them again and say u live in Sydney , there no dealer In nsw so no choice.
I am now the agent as such and they send interested people to my house to inspect the boat

I had no issues with his wife Debbie either at all found them all good and his daughter in office helpful too

Pacificbanana
04-10-2013, 09:17 AM
Deleted text

rexaway123
04-10-2013, 09:27 AM
Guess they can't be seen to steal business from their own dealers where one exists

Steeler
04-10-2013, 09:37 AM
Guess they can't be seen to steal business from their own dealers where one exists

Yep not much point being a dealer of a product if the manuf/supplier is dealing direct.

hooknpull
04-10-2013, 10:06 AM
Mate boat salesman and bike salesman are the worst out there. They treat u like shit at the start, hang off u like a leech when they know u got money and then don't wanna hear from u once u drive away with it. I was looking at a evolution from blakes marine down here. Dealt with the owners son, a smug prick, spun me a heap of promises to test ride then rang me to say there was a problem with the trailer. I thought yeh no worries I can wait. 6 months later I had a deposit down on my boat and saw him at the boat show. He Came over apologising saying sorry he sold the boat and couldn't take me out. (So much for the trailer??) to which I replied all good I got a boat which was $20000 more than wat u was askin for the evo. The jaw drop was priceless :) and now I drive my boat 50k further to get it serviced elsewhere even tho they are the suppliers of suzuki. At the end of the day u will always find someone that will take ur money. If someone don't wanna treat u with respect before the sale they sure as hell won't afterwards. Ring around and even deal with an interstate shop if u get a better vibe over the phone. U will find boat shops along the coast away from cities work a little harder to get the sale..

Jsmfun
04-10-2013, 10:20 AM
if you want customer service pacificbannana i know its a mono hull but cruiser craft 685 hardtop u wont get better service im looking at buying a cruiser craft 595 outsider they ask when i want to test drive and if i would like a tour of the factory and i must say they have been a plesure to deal with ive also i know a couple of people that say years down the track they still like to help out if they can

CruiserV8100
04-10-2013, 10:20 AM
Might have to start wearing a suit to go boat shopping from now on, apparently fisherman don't get served in boardies thongs and singlets and sun shirts as per dress code for a fisherman. Would be a good test to do and tape, having 2 blokes walk in dressed differently Suit vs Fisherman style. Seems boat sales need a bit of a wake up call in customer respect.

fishing111
04-10-2013, 10:34 AM
I think those people that have been treated poorly by boat salesman should be bloody happy instead of complaining. If your first point of contact is shit, do you really think the service will get better when you hand over your hard earned kanga? Just cross them off the list and save yourself unlimited grief in the future and just keep looking unless you want to be someone's hand puppet!

lbger
04-10-2013, 10:48 AM
kiss the 500 goodbye... Its small claims court stuff and your word against his if no paperwork was involved.. On the plus side here you are, letting us know about this idiot, why people do this in the age of forums and social media is beyond me. Link this thread on other forums with their business name and push the negativity up the google search engine.. its a big bad engine google and can literally crush companies.

morphias
04-10-2013, 10:55 AM
kiss the 500 goodbye... Its small claims court stuff and your word against his if no paperwork was involved..

PB said he has the paperwork.

Walk up start PB as it is a simple breach of contract matter - contact Consumer Affairs and they will sort it out.

Ben.

morphias
04-10-2013, 10:58 AM
Might have to start wearing a suit to go boat shopping from now on, apparently fisherman don't get served in boardies thongs and singlets and sun shirts as per dress code for a fisherman. Would be a good test to do and tape, having 2 blokes walk in dressed differently Suit vs Fisherman style. Seems boat sales need a bit of a wake up call in customer respect.

Tried that twice at Australian Marine Centre at Springwood. Was seriously in the market for a Formasa Tomahawk island cab a couple of years ago and spent 20mins walking around the yard on both occasions about a month apart and not one person approached me.

Also tried talking to them at the Sanctuary Cove boat show one year and the sales guy wouldn't give me the time of day.

Blows my mind that the total lack of desire to sell.

On the other hand, I have found the sales guys a Wynnum Marine and Springwood Marine to be good to talk to.

Ben.

Ben.

lbger
04-10-2013, 11:07 AM
PB said he has the paperwork.

Walk up start PB as it is a simple breach of contract matter - contact Consumer Affairs and they will sort it out.

Ben.

Ahh didnt see that post.. yeah cut n dry stuff then. I would just call them every 5 mins for a few hours untill someone does something..

Nicko_Cairns
04-10-2013, 12:30 PM
I was working weekend shifts in Canberra so wearing trackies and a hoody, had a big beard so apart from my watch I probably looked like a bum, after work went shopping and had a not so subtle store detective hanging around in the jocks session of bigw, after 10 mins I told her i was off to the register to buy my jocks, she seemed a bit shocked but said okay. Lol

We live in a world of judgement, first impressions and how you appear to present yourself. I went boat shopping in my thongs and boardies fun day that was. Remember Sundown Marine well that salesman kicking back in his chair with his feet up on his desk looking out his open door at me thinking pfff. Poor bastard almost fell out of his chair when I pulled 30grand out of my back pack all $100 bills showed him and continued to walk back to my 4wd and leave with him quickly trying to catch me before I left the yard. I bought a boat that day from another yard and drove past and tooted my horn and waved.

Volvo
04-10-2013, 01:08 PM
You are entitled to your money back..Ring ACCC and have a chat with them..

Volvo
04-10-2013, 01:09 PM
Meant to say Dept Of fair trading:)..

ovakil
04-10-2013, 04:21 PM
To think these local boat shops are complaining about people buying oversea's.
Maybe they should look in a mirror.

Corry
04-10-2013, 04:31 PM
Wow, a deposit to test drive. I'd be giving some of the more seaside country towns a ring. It'd be worth the travel money to go to somewhere like Whitsunday's and test run one up there. Be an awesome fishing holiday going back home.

FisHard
04-10-2013, 05:20 PM
Hey guys, there is another side to this story.
Don't get me wrong, I've seen all these behaviours from boat yards first hand, BUT for anyone who has had a boat for sale themselves, you know that boat "Buyers" are a weird bunch!! How many dreamers/losers must these sales guys see in a day/week/month?? It still doesn't excuse the inexcusable behaviour some display, but they sure must have to deal with a lot of duds, to get yo the dudes!
My personal mantra on buying stuff is if I'm not happy with my initial interaction with a business, that's it, they get nothing. Pretty much every time I break my own rule, it bights me in the arse!

Chimo
04-10-2013, 05:23 PM
My fisherman friends and I always worked hard to look like bums while off on fishing trips and when shopping, especially for expensive stuff.

We tended to be dragging fairly expensive boats behind fairly expensive 4wds and we were always on the look out for sales people who listened and looked beneath our exterior presentation. I /we never dressed up to go shopping no matter if it was for a car, 4wd, boat or a house. (As an aside how come it takes so long to finalize the paperwork to purchase of a car compared to the little time it takes to purchase a house?)

IMHO if you have to dress up to go shopping your just missing the point. If they only suck up when your in a suit IMO they are not going to look after you as you deserve after a sale as they really are not all that smart.

Mind you there is a lot to be said for treating them as you want to be treated, even if you are presenting as a bum. Seems to work most of the time for this little black duck / GOM

IMHO you also have to have reasonable expectations as far as what is possible too.

Cheers
Chimo

Pacificbanana
04-10-2013, 06:39 PM
Deleted Text

Jarrah Jack
04-10-2013, 07:02 PM
Inveloch is a sleepy little hollow well away from the main action so it doesn't make a lot of sense that a salesman could be so rude to a potential customer. A few of his customers would be ab divers who never look as if they've got a quid. I hope this thread starts coming up on a google search and bits them in the bum.

oldie
04-10-2013, 07:20 PM
the " hope this comes up on google" call i feel is a very harsh call, basically your wishing he goes out of business losing everything he has built for his family going bankrupt, losing everything due to an online forum, i personally think that with forums like this legal action from the ones under fire is a very real reality and that can go as far as those saying very negative things towards them, if it came down to it solicitors and lawyers could legally find out who is who on these forums and have them charged with defamation, have a look at face book, or myspace and people losing their jobs because their bosses see or read something which is not unlike these forum complaints. All I am saying is its only a matter of time till this type of online stuff can potentially be used against you,

There will always be 2 sides to every story, i always feel for both salesman and the buyer as they both try and have the same expectations but the buyers expectation is always higher!

The old saying "under promise and over deliver" i think is important in all industries

shoot me down if you will but what evs

Almako
04-10-2013, 08:14 PM
I hate sales people that judge you, it happens all the time.
Went in to buy a new amp - salesman say's you can't afford it so I bought somewhere else same unit.
Went in to buy a boat - ended up spending $90k, not much money for some but a lot for others including me. Original boat was about $60k.
Went in to talk about buying a house - walked out after being judged and purchased a house from a different real estate.
I understand the issue of Tyre kickers but a salesman in my opinion are simply there to help you achieve your goals, and that is to buy an item, what item that is doesn't matter. If they have it great, if they don't and your super helpful the client will remember and come back for something you can sell them. What comes around goes around! Treat others how you would like to be treated!
That's how I sell anyway, yes I'm in sales.

oldie
04-10-2013, 08:34 PM
salesman are the worst customers!!! hahah

Gon Fishun
04-10-2013, 08:56 PM
Have been in retail sales 49 years and only have one motto, "The customer is always right." ;)

Unless in a cop shop, then mostly no. :-[

Back In Black
04-10-2013, 09:13 PM
Like a couple have said, there are 2 sides to every story.

Rang Ash today from Webbe & queried him about it.

Amazing the difference in reality when you go direct to the source, rather than just shooting off your mouth behind a keyboard.

Tony

CruiserV8100
04-10-2013, 10:43 PM
When it comes down to it the job or business you have has a description and a profile. We call letting people know of our good and bad experiences "REVIEWS" We have a right to an opinion and how we are treated, its called freedom of speech. When people start using the word lawyer and defamation for giving what they see as a fair review, you need to pull your head in a remember we live in AUSTRALIA and we are not AHOLES. So to all the boat yards all we want to do is buy a boat, you sell boats we like to buy boats, Is it that hard to understand that we walk into your boat yards a prospective buyers. If you treat us like shit we will give a fair review on our experiences so others who just want to buy a boat don't have the same bad experience as we did. Put the shoe on the other foot and see how you feel when you get treated like a second class citizen for just wanting to buy a boat . Get some manners like we all where raised with..

Shark Poker
05-10-2013, 06:25 AM
This all brings back memories of working in boat sales.
Saturday was probably my least favourite day.
Often you have booked an early water test, plus you have customers coming to pick up their new boat which supposed to be ready for Friday and probably still isn't.

The guy from the water test is trying to make an important purchase decision and people picking up their new boat would see it as a really exciting day.
But you do not have enough time for them because your boss advertises everywhere "call us 7 days a week / for all your boating needs" so the phone is ringing already and you are being paged repeatedly.

Some calls might be someone looking at an old boat somewhere and wants to know if they are any good, how much they weigh and how much a new motor and stuff would cost IF he buys this mystery boat. And there is someone on hold asking things like should he have trim tabs, can you beat a certain price, how thick the alum is on the tinny, how fast something should go, outboard prices x 10, trade in values, when will their boat be ready, what do we have in stock, what time is low tide, how do I get my boat back on the trailer, how much does a 3hp weigh,
Meanwhile, people are walking around the boat yard and you need to be out there. Bugger the phone....?

Adding to your confusion is that there is a bus stop outside and a fisn'n'chip shop next door. Both these supply an endless parade of people with 10 minutes to kill and no intention of buying anything.
Telling them apart from more prospective buyers is not always easy to do quickly. The phone is still ringing by the way. Some ######## is at reception complaining that they cant find a salesman. Some people from out of town made a special trip to the yard and just arrived. And some seniors in their lawn bowls clothes are getting out of a car and the ladies are extending their sun umbrellas.
That boat is finally ready at the service centre so you need to charge off and pick it up. Mister 'came in 3 times during the week' is back and looking serious. And the lawn bowls team are wishing for an enlightening tour of marine products to fill in their day.

The fish n chips you ordered for lunch are well and truly cold now and the mechanics have all gone home so boats that wont start are being towed to the sales office and tech questions are being put thru to sales. The receptionist is telling you that there are people in the yard and she has no brochures for half the boats that are out there.
And they need your help in the chandlery.

In the middle of all this you are supposed to somehow find the one or two people that are actually going to buy a boat this month, possibly today. That is the hardest part.

And you ask yourself " Why would a serious buyer want to try and talk to someone like me right now?" No wonder they buy boats on the bloody internet!

lee8sec
05-10-2013, 08:35 AM
Like a couple have said, there are 2 sides to every story.

Rang Ash today from Webbe & queried him about it.

Amazing the difference in reality when you go direct to the source, rather than just shooting off your mouth behind a keyboard.

Tony

Ash & Webbe have had alleged customer problems before on here. Any one see a common denominator here?

Steeler
05-10-2013, 08:45 AM
Ash & Webbe have had alleged customer problems before on here. Any one see a common denominator here?

True , but too how many good ones we do not hear about ?.

Without true stats to drill down, the claim of a " common denominator " becomes more of a subjective opinion which in turn is what customer service experiences are really all about.

Jeremy
05-10-2013, 08:53 AM
Fatbuoy, you make some good points there. I guess some of those issues would apply to most boat yards, some to a few, and some to none LOL, but overall your description sounds to me like a poorly run business - boat yard or not.

Oldie - posting a factual description of events on an online discussion forum is not defamation. No matter how much the business doesn't like it. Just because the truth hurts, doesn't make it defamation. The economy is still very tight and there are lots of skilled people out there looking for work. Maybe there should be a higher turnover of some sales people as I am sure there are others out there who would love to take their spot and could do a better job.

Pacificbanana
05-10-2013, 09:51 AM
Deleted Text

PixieAU
05-10-2013, 10:58 AM
This all brings back memories of working in boat sales.
Saturday was probably my least favourite day.
Often you have booked an early water test, plus you have customers coming to pick up their new boat which supposed to be ready for Friday and probably still isn't.

The guy from the water test is trying to make an important purchase decision and people picking up their new boat would see it as a really exciting day.
But you do not have enough time for them because your boss advertises everywhere "call us 7 days a week / for all your boating needs" so the phone is ringing already and you are being paged repeatedly.

Some calls might be someone looking at an old boat somewhere and wants to know if they are any good, how much they weigh and how much a new motor and stuff would cost IF he buys this mystery boat. And there is someone on hold asking things like should he have trim tabs, can you beat a certain price, how thick the alum is on the tinny, how fast something should go, outboard prices x 10, trade in values, when will their boat be ready, what do we have in stock, what time is low tide, how do I get my boat back on the trailer, how much does a 3hp weigh,
Meanwhile, people are walking around the boat yard and you need to be out there. Bugger the phone....?

Adding to your confusion is that there is a bus stop outside and a fisn'n'chip shop next door. Both these supply an endless parade of people with 10 minutes to kill and no intention of buying anything.
Telling them apart from more prospective buyers is not always easy to do quickly. The phone is still ringing by the way. Some ######## is at reception complaining that they cant find a salesman. Some people from out of town made a special trip to the yard and just arrived. And some seniors in their lawn bowls clothes are getting out of a car and the ladies are extending their sun umbrellas.
That boat is finally ready at the service centre so you need to charge off and pick it up. Mister 'came in 3 times during the week' is back and looking serious. And the lawn bowls team are wishing for an enlightening tour of marine products to fill in their day.

The fish n chips you ordered for lunch are well and truly cold now and the mechanics have all gone home so boats that wont start are being towed to the sales office and tech questions are being put thru to sales. The receptionist is telling you that there are people in the yard and she has no brochures for half the boats that are out there.
And they need your help in the chandlery.

In the middle of all this you are supposed to somehow find the one or two people that are actually going to buy a boat this month, possibly today. That is the hardest part.

And you ask yourself " Why would a serious buyer want to try and talk to someone like me right now?" No wonder they buy boats on the bloody internet!

That is an awesome post. I felt like I was there. Would make good lyrics for a Slim Dusty song too!!

Back In Black
05-10-2013, 11:08 AM

Over a year ago there was a thread involving Webbe started by a drunken clown on a Friday night. Got quite heated with a lot of comments made. At the end of the day, the guy was a fool with a keyboard, a belly full of grog & the thread was deleted. The guy (can't even remember his name) was stating things on here that in reality never occurred.

One thing that did come out of it though was some pretty good comments about Webbe Marine, from people who have dealt with them over the years & have been very satisfied with their experience. These are people who can speak from experience, not just meeting quickly at a boat show & not getting the answers they might like to hear, but who have gone through the entire experience of meeting the guys, being shown their product, going for a test run, visiting the factory etc

It just seems that whenever someone gets on here & fires off, everyone instantly thinks, you poor bastard, the boat dealer is an obvious mongrel, & everyone feeds on the hype like a pack of dogs.

There is ALWAYS two sides to every story.

The only common denominator I can see is there may be 2 people with a non existent gripe.

Tony

Back In Black
05-10-2013, 11:10 AM
Love to hear their side of the story??

Seeing Ashley rang you yesterday, maybe you would like to explain what he told you, as I know what he told you, so why don't you share it with all of us.

Tony

lee8sec
05-10-2013, 12:09 PM
Over a year ago there was a thread involving Webbe started by a drunken clown on a Friday night. Got quite heated with a lot of comments made. At the end of the day, the guy was a fool with a keyboard, a belly full of grog & the thread was deleted. The guy (can't even remember his name) was stating things on here that in reality never occurred.

One thing that did come out of it though was some pretty good comments about Webbe Marine, from people who have dealt with them over the years & have been very satisfied with their experience. These are people who can speak from experience, not just meeting quickly at a boat show & not getting the answers they might like to hear, but who have gone through the entire experience of meeting the guys, being shown their product, going for a test run, visiting the factory etc

It just seems that whenever someone gets on here & fires off, everyone instantly thinks, you poor bastard, the boat dealer is an obvious mongrel, & everyone feeds on the hype like a pack of dogs.

There is ALWAYS two sides to every story.

The only common denominator I can see is there may be 2 people with a non existent gripe.

Tony

Do you have any kind of affiliation / association or disclosure to let us know about with webbe marine? Leigh

WalrusLike
05-10-2013, 12:45 PM
FatBouy that was a great post.... brilliant read.

There are always 2 sides to a story, and apart from a very tiny minority most people just do what they think is fair and right... the differences arise because everyone has had a different set of experiences shaping their ideas of what is the right thing.

Thanks for posting that.

(Using Tapatalk on iPhone so can't easily 'thank' or 'like')

Fed
05-10-2013, 01:03 PM
Mister 'came in 3 times during the week' is back and looking serious.
I was already laughing then I snorted my coffee when I read that.

Pacificbanana
05-10-2013, 01:15 PM
Deleted Text

Shark Poker
05-10-2013, 02:29 PM
No it is not all to be forgotten.
It is now in blog space forever.

The part of this thread regarding the un-returned deposit and the complaint of bad behaviour of the companies involved smells a lot like that other thread about Sailfish Cats which was deleted.
In that case the 'buyer beware' message also lacked any specific detail or written / photographic evidence and quickly started to be labelled as an 'emotional' outburst.

The same person who is offended by lack of respect or interest from the seller would be equally suspicious if the other extreme occurred and they were all over him.
So why look for emotional acknowledgement?

Carry on and ask if they are capable of assisting you with your line of enquiry.

And where is it wrong to have loyal associates or colleagues? That is the sign of a successful business.
I mean your issue is criticising a business over a $500 deposit. It is not some type of church cover up!
So, provide some documentation and consider your refund soon to be repaid.

And here is another idea: Stop arguing with Back-in-Black (Tony) and start asking him some questions. He is owning and doing what you wanna-be doing.

Pauly

Marlin_Mike
05-10-2013, 03:32 PM
WalrusLike, there are THREE sides to a story, not two.

There is his side, my side and somewhere in between the truth.

Aussie123
05-10-2013, 03:48 PM
Regardless of what has happened here and who is right or who is wrong, what I find disturbing is the fact that on 2 occasions now that we know of Webbe Marine had openly discussed their dealings about their customers to other people who have no right to know these things.
Knowing that if I was to ever deal with them that anything I did or did not do with them could end up on a public forum is enough for me to never go near them.
Who knows what other information they are telling their mates.
Any information regarding your customers should be kept private and confidential and definitely not with anyone wanting to catch up on the goss.

Boat Hog
05-10-2013, 04:39 PM
Regardless of what has happened here and who is right or who is wrong, what I find disturbing is the fact that on 2 occasions now that we know of Webbe Marine had openly discussed their dealings about their customers to other people who have no right to know these things.
Knowing that if I was to ever deal with them that anything I did or did not do with them could end up on a public forum is enough for me to never go near them.
Any information regarding your customers should be kept private and confidential and definitely not with anyone wanting to catch up on the goss.

I must have missed the part where Pacificbananna and Webbe Marine signed the Official Secrets Act ...... In any case, wouldn't coming on a public forum and telling the whole world your side of the story negate any expectation of privacy?

Back In Black
05-10-2013, 05:04 PM
For you to know what Ashley said to a person on the phone would mean that you are very close to their business, hence why you are defending them so much.
All they have to do is pay the cash and all is forgotten,

If they can take it from you then they can give it back just as easily

No, not close to their business at all. I am just one of many satisfied customers who had nothing but great dealings with them from the start (Brisbane Boat Show) to the end conclusion, owning a 28ft Cat that I can't find fault with.

There were a few small issues a year or 2 later, which were really wear & tear type stuff, but they said, no, thats not good enough, so they picked my boat up from my premise in Noosa & towed it back to Alstonville, at their expense.

They went over the top & fixed everything, and trust me, they didn't have too & were not asked to do. I had a couple of chips in the floor, mainly from taking mates out & dropping tackle boxes on it from a great height (typical, when you don't own it, some don't care) They stripped the entire floor & replaced it.

So now banana you might see why I do tend to stick up for them. They do not want to get into a slinging match on a public forum, & they are not on Ausfish, for this very reason, so yes, every now & again I will throw my two bobs worth in & defend them, because they have done nothing but the right thing by myself & many others.

And by the way, Ashley explained to you yesterday what was going on, so why are you persisting with it publicly??

Another point of interest. When Ashley rang you & he asked you about this thread, why did you deny it was you & say someone else started it?? You started the thread, he has since spoken to you, you denied doing it, yet here you admit Ashley rang you.

See, this is exactly the same situation as the other fellow a year ago. People say something, then deny it, its gets proven they did say it, & then they lose all credibility, on an open forum.

And by the way, you still did not answer my original question, why don't you share what was said??

Tony

Pacificbanana
05-10-2013, 05:07 PM
Deleted Text

Back In Black
05-10-2013, 05:08 PM
Do you have any kind of affiliation / association or disclosure to let us know about with webbe marine? Leigh

Hi Leigh, none whatsoever, just a satisfied customer who has grown weary of this type of public denigration of a business.

Read post #58

Tony

lee8sec
05-10-2013, 05:32 PM
Hi Leigh, none whatsoever, just a satisfied customer who has grown weary of this type of public denigration of a business.

Read post #58

Tony

But your quite happy for them to discuss with you, another customers business and for you to post it on open forums ? And you & webbe wonder why they are talked about on forums? Leigh

Back In Black
05-10-2013, 05:41 PM
Do you think Webbe Marine is happy for Banana to openly discuss their business with the world?/

Cuts two ways mate, & remember, Banana started this thread, so he obviously wants the world to know.

Tony

lee8sec
05-10-2013, 07:46 PM
Do you think Webbe Marine is happy for Banana to openly discuss their business with the world?/

Cuts two ways mate, & remember, Banana started this thread, so he obviously wants the world to know.

Tony

2 Wrongs don't make a right.
And because you are posting for, on behalf of or what ever reason for, webbe marine they obviously also want the world to know. I dont have a horse in the race & like others have said, there's 3 side to every story.

LittleSkipper
05-10-2013, 07:52 PM
I went in August to have a look at the Sailfish canyon master in Sydney.
I saw it at the boat show in Melbourne in june.
Decided that it was worth giving the dealer a $500 deposit to go for a ride on the proviso if I didnt like it I would get my money back, fair deal, or so I thought it was.
Its been over two months now and after numerous emails and phone calls the dealer ***be Marine wont give me back my deposit.
Even though I discussed with them thats its not for me and the finance broker "the Missus" didnt like the way it handled in the rough stuff.
She loves to come out so it would be nice if she enjoys the boat.
Anyway a bad experience and who knows if I will ever see the $500 dollars from the dealer.

So definitely going a glass cat but dont want to deal with the arrogant ars**ole who owns i**erlo** marine.
The way he spoke to me on the phone was, "I dont think we can take you for a ride in our Noosacat because we dont do joy rides just for fun, and it sounds as if you cant afford it anyway."

What does he know what I can or cant afford.
I make more money in a week than his salesman gets in a month.

Oh well, I want a cat and dont know who to go to, I even tried Noosacat in Queensland and was told by *****loch marine, "to stay away from him cause he doesnt know what he is doing and when they come to his shop in Melbourne he fixes them up to make them a better boat."
Back to the drawing board.
I just want a boat that has an enclosed windscreen, no clears, and with a hardtop to stay dry.
Even if I have to go to a monohull again I would.

I hope you wiped your @#$ with the $500 before handing the money to the dealer? That way the dealer would have a hard time separating the notes and then have to deal with the @#%$ & smell all over his hands?

Back In Black
05-10-2013, 08:10 PM
2 Wrongs don't make a right.
And because you are posting for, on behalf of or what ever reason for, webbe marine they obviously also want the world to know. I dont have a horse in the race & like others have said, there's 3 side to every story.

Mate, Webbe don't even know I am doing this. Get this through your head, this has nothing to do with them. I am doing this off my own bat. Like life in general, you see someone getting picked on unnecessarily, you step in & help.

Thats the way I was raised anyway. Your background may have been different to mine, who knows, but I am happy to help people out, & yes, some may disagree with it, but at the end of the day, what you, a 3rd party who doesn't know the facts thinks of me counts for nothing, as I'm not doing it for me.

Tony

Richo1
05-10-2013, 08:37 PM
It was my understanding that you only got your deposit back if you bought the boat; if you don't buy it, the $500 goes to the dealer for their time, money spent on fuel and other associated costs. Otherwise every Tom, Dick, Harry that wants to go for a boat ride wastes the dealers time. That's how the dealers I've dealt with in the past operate. Sounds fair to me.
Money well spent if you decided you didn't like the boat anyway. Tyre kickers are a big burden on a salesman's time - the deposit is supposed to separate the tyre kickers from serious buyers.

Not suggesting your a tyre kicker and perhaps the dealer didn't make the terms of the deposit clear at the time.

Doesn't justify being rude or arrogant though, dealing with people comes with the job.

Boat Hog
05-10-2013, 09:37 PM
Can we get "alleged" in the title of this thread ... a lot said so
far but nothing proven ...

oldie
05-10-2013, 10:17 PM
Exactly "Richo1"

TopBhoy
06-10-2013, 06:53 AM
Excellent point. Discussing the intimate details of a customer problem to a stranger unconnected to the issue is poor practice, in my view. If Webbe have anything to say they are the ones who should be trying to address the problem, not relaying information out via an anonymous forum poster.

Back In Black
06-10-2013, 07:20 AM
Excellent point. Discussing the intimate details of a customer problem to a stranger unconnected to the issue is poor practice, in my view. If Webbe have anything to say they are the ones who should be trying to address the problem, not relaying information out via an anonymous forum poster.

TopBhoy- do you see it as poor form for Banana to put this out this publicly??

Do you classify Banana as an anonymous forum poster, or is this directed at me??

Tony

mik01
06-10-2013, 07:26 AM
"I am doing this off my own bat. Like life in general, you see someone getting picked on unnecessarily, you step in & help."

So because you're a fanboy of the establishment, you automatically agree with their version and are able to proclaim they are getting picked on? Hell, in future we will go directly to you first for the facts on other people's issues, as it seems you know everything.
Bugger seeking a response from the actual business, as many other businesses have done over the years quite successfully, when an issue becomes public.
None of us will probably know the real outcome, as usually these things are sorted out behind closed doors once it gets to this level. There may be more to this story, but the bloke says he wants his money, and has the paperwork to prove he is owed it. So why attack him and accuse him of BS?

TopBhoy
06-10-2013, 09:05 AM
TopBhoy- do you see it as poor form for Banana to put this out this publicly??

Do you classify Banana as an anonymous forum poster, or is this directed at me??

Tony
If he feels he has been verbally abused and ignored then Banana is entitled to raise the issue. Is he an anonymous poster, yes, but in my view, he has raised his problems on here in a sensible and not overly aggressive manner. Its Webbes right to refute those allegations or reach a settlement. Probably better for both parties if its a settlement sooner rather than later.

You've played your part having alerted them but this isn't your fight to fight. You are in no better position to know 'the truth' than the rest of us sitting behind our keyboards.

Unless you're opinion is different, Webbe discussing intimate business dealings with another customer who has no attachment to the problem, is wrong.

Back In Black
06-10-2013, 04:13 PM

Webbe have addressed the situation, The trouble is Banana has not been forthcoming & telling you this.

Tony

Back In Black
06-10-2013, 04:17 PM
"I am doing this off my own bat. Like life in general, you see someone getting picked on unnecessarily, you step in & help."

So because you're a fanboy of the establishment, you automatically agree with their version and are able to proclaim they are getting picked on? Hell, in future we will go directly to you first for the facts on other people's issues, as it seems you know everything.
Bugger seeking a response from the actual business, as many other businesses have done over the years quite successfully, when an issue becomes public.
None of us will probably know the real outcome, as usually these things are sorted out behind closed doors once it gets to this level. There may be more to this story, but the bloke says he wants his money, and has the paperwork to prove he is owed it. So why attack him and accuse him of BS?

Haven't accused him of anything. Just asked a couple of questions to clarify the situation, & again, Banana has not been forthcoming.

If Banana has the paperwork to prove the situation, & I am not disputing this, why hasn't he posted it. It always astounds me people want to shoot off at someone but don't post the proof?? I just don't get it. If he did this on his first post, we wouldn't be still talking about it.

Tony

Back In Black
06-10-2013, 04:25 PM
If he feels he has been verbally abused and ignored then Banana is entitled to raise the issue. Is he an anonymous poster, yes, but in my view, he has raised his problems on here in a sensible and not overly aggressive manner. Its Webbes right to refute those allegations or reach a settlement. Probably better for both parties if its a settlement sooner rather than later.

You've played your part having alerted them but this isn't your fight to fight. You are in no better position to know 'the truth' than the rest of us sitting behind our keyboards.

Unless you're opinion is different, Webbe discussing intimate business dealings with another customer who has no attachment to the problem, is wrong.

But herein lies the problem TopBhoy- Banana has been contacted by Webbe & the situation discussed. Banana has not posted this fact, he has not posted his proof, & he denied starting this thread.

You are right, there is a common denominator starting to show. Think about all the facts TopBhoy & ask yourself if this is the case, why hasn't Banana responded??

Its no different to the thread a year ago. Many Ausfish members asked him to back up his claims with images & documentation, which he said he had an abundance of, but guess what, he never did. This is why his credibility was questioned, more so than his actions.

Hopefully Banana will get back to us with an abundance of proof & I will be proven wrong, & I will be the first to publicly apologise when this happens.

Tony

TopBhoy
06-10-2013, 10:08 PM
But herein lies the problem TopBhoy- Banana has been contacted by Webbe & the situation discussed. Banana has not posted this fact, he has not posted his proof, & he denied starting this thread.

You are right, there is a common denominator starting to show. Think about all the facts TopBhoy & ask yourself if this is the case, why hasn't Banana responded??

Its no different to the thread a year ago. Many Ausfish members asked him to back up his claims with images & documentation, which he said he had an abundance of, but guess what, he never did. This is why his credibility was questioned, more so than his actions.

Hopefully Banana will get back to us with an abundance of proof & I will be proven wrong, & I will be the first to publicly apologise when this happens.

Tony
I have no idea why Banana hasn't responded, I've not given that a thought. However if you are now stating that there is a resolution it would indicate that there was a problem but why you, a customer, being the one relaying this news still appears strange to me.

The point which being made isn't to do with Banana. No-one on the forum has any idea if his version of events is correct any more than if we know if the version you have given is correct. The point which I was responding to is that Webbe appear to have discussed the situation in a reasonable amount of depth with a customer since you have a lot more information on the situation than I would expect for simply having a casual customer relationship which you claim (refer to my opening line).

For closure of the thread, Banana should come back and inform what the resolution was, if there was one. Otherwise the thread should be deleted by mods. I'm not anti Webbe (or most companies for that matter) and all for openness and the right of individuals to make claims but the internet shouldn't be a place to damage reputations without any basis.

RayLamp
06-10-2013, 10:15 PM
One thing I like to remind myself, is that this forum is based on a recreation. Boating, fishing, all fun stuff that makes you happy.

You can read what's on here, take it as you wish. Take it with a grain of salt, or take it on board. If you are ever in a position to buy a boat, and these are the dealers, make your own mind up. If you have the same or similar experience, then at least you know a pattern is emerging. If you have a better experience, then you are happy.

I'd see it as best not to fight between each other - fight against the greenie hippies who want to take away our ability to enjoy our boats and fishing full stop.

solemandownunder
07-10-2013, 04:17 AM
I stayed out of this because I smelt a rat from the get go. 8-)

It was interesting to watch it all unfold and what REALLY did it for ME was when the OP denied to the "alleged" transgressor that he had opened this thread here on AF.

To ME, therin lies the problem of credibility and if I needed to deal with Webbe for any reason....which I dont of course.....I certainly would not let this scenario sway my judgement negatively.

Whilst it is true, confidences could be questioned here...in MY mind because of the very nature of the OP, I have seen it as a very good thing that Tony went out of his way to bring some sensibility into a very questionable situation.

We go from one extreme to the other with 2 separate experiences here, which really does NOT offer any creedance in the OPs' favour.

And...Before anyone asks, I do not know Tony from a bar of soap, however, I have read enough of his replies in these forums to treat him with the respect he deserves.:)

As there was no right of reply to a situation that escalated to these forums....and IMO should NEVER have been posted anyway, then ANY light that sheds some truth/untruth to the OPs' allegations can only be a good thing for all AF members and maybe a clear warning to any wouldbe troublemakers in the future.

It is also my contention that banana has either been SHAMED here or has simply been beaten at his own game....either way, as has been stated, the situation has now been dealt with between the 2 parties...and that's all she wrote 8-)

Just sharing MY observations & opinion....no more, no less.

Cheers, Ray.

Shark Poker
07-10-2013, 05:14 AM
Fatbuoy your right, Im getting the document emailed to me at work, and as soon as I do ill post it up for the people to see.
Then you will see for yourselves the written promise that has been broken after such a long time.
PB

Pacific Banana has indicated that he will return with written evidence and that also means he has acknowledged that his initial complaint lacks any substance.

A little tip for buyers: Be very careful of openly knocking businesses and contractors.

Recently a bloke visited my workshop, and quickly changed the subject of conversation to a local dealership and how they were "ALL a bunch of ****heads"
When I later asked about his canopy, sure enough the trimmer was a jerk as well.
(Both the businesses he knocked are long term decent operators.)

When doing this guys quote I added another 20% to the price and doubled his waiting time.
And I made him bring the boat over. I did not trust him to install the item himself.
There was no way I was going to go out of my way to help him out, only to be added to his 'sh*t list'

Pauly

FisHard
07-10-2013, 07:37 AM
I'm with you Pauly. Good customers have good suppliers (massive generalisation). I'm always suss of the new client that bags his previous suppliers... Sane people don't burn good clients!

Pacificbanana
07-10-2013, 07:54 AM
Deleted text

Back In Black
07-10-2013, 08:07 AM
Like I said Banana, I'll be the first to apologise. I don't have an issue doing this.

Looking forward your your documentation, & in the meantime, I'll go & practice my apology.

While doing this, maybe you should put pen to paper & get one underway yourself. I'd address it to Webbe Marine & apologise for lying to Ash that you didn't start this thread. Why you would say this is beyond me, but all it has done is reduce your credibility.

Regarding kissing your a**e, you might be into that kind of thing, but no, not for me.

Tony

ShaneC
07-10-2013, 09:36 AM
Paying $500 (deposit or otherwise) for a test drive is absolute bullshit! The guy took the time to peruse the boat at the boat show, agreed to a test drive, then dragged his Mrs down to the dealership to go for a run. Hardly the actions of a tyre kicker. At a stretch maybe he should pay for the fuel used, nothing more. If I had made the effort to go to the extremes of getting the Mrs in for a test drive only to be asked for $500 to test the suitability of my potential $150k investment, I'd be getting back in the car. JMHO of course.

fishing111
07-10-2013, 10:53 AM
Pacific Banana has indicated that he will return with written evidence and that also means he has acknowledged that his initial complaint lacks any substance.

A little tip for buyers: Be very careful of openly knocking businesses and contractors.

Recently a bloke visited my workshop, and quickly changed the subject of conversation to a local dealership and how they were "ALL a bunch of ****heads"
When I later asked about his canopy, sure enough the trimmer was a jerk as well.
(Both the businesses he knocked are long term decent operators.)

When doing this guys quote I added another 20% to the price and doubled his waiting time.
And I made him bring the boat over. I did not trust him to install the item himself.
There was no way I was going to go out of my way to help him out, only to be added to his 'sh*t list'

Pauly

FB maybe I'm reading your post all wrong, however if not wow. Maybe your new client shouldn't have been so open with his feelings, however when people get done over (or think they have been in there mind) they don't seem to care for it, to which it doesn't take long to come to the surface such is there frustration. Just because you know the dealers he mentioned he had problems with doesn't really give you the insight to know what occurred unless you were physically there imo (apologies if you were). Even good dealers stuff up from time to time, but it's the way they handle there stuff up which is most important (critical) so as to not end up on here (Ausfish) for eg. As for you adding 20% that's your call, as it's your business and you can broadcast it like you have also, but to me people search out new businesses all the time as they are not happy for many and varied reasons. I have no idea what occurred, but from your post it seemed like the guy was venting his unhappiness. I wonder how many problems could be cut off at the pass with a simple follow up phone call to see that all is well, which is just basic customer service 101.

Shark Poker
07-10-2013, 11:37 AM
Just because you know the dealers he mentioned he had problems with doesn't really give you the insight to .......... I have no idea what occurred.

The punter had problems with his approach and style of making enquiries. Very ignorant and with lets say optimistic expectations. Plus putting people down to make himself look better is not the type of personality that I tend to bond with.

If he had an actual problem even partly caused by the other business I actually would help sort it out, no question. But he didn't actually get "done over".

Most of our work is done at very competitive rates and there is quite a waiting list. So again why bend over backwards and fwds to help him when he wont appreciate it?
My comment was aimed at buyers and how they should consider behaving, not at how to run a customer service policy.
For example, almost every time I visit a business I will phone ahead and ask if I can visit to make an enquiry about/ can they fit me in this arvo... And smile as you walk in.
This humble approach really works for me.

solemandownunder
07-10-2013, 01:04 PM
I havent responded because some of us have a life and have to be at work and sleep every now and then.

To answer Tony s question and all of yours this hasent been resolved because I dont have the money in my account, and the reason for this is because they are allegedly waiting for a second signature on a cheque, even though they took the money from my credit card but need two people to write a cheque for a refund, and apparently the second person cant sign it cause he is not in the country.

So Tony are you now happy that everyone knows something that you knew, you better be getting ready for that public apology.
Tony which you claim to know and yes you all know I started this thread because at the boat show I shook the guys hand but made him write it down anyway for the a refund if the boat isnt what I wanted.

It was all agreed and when Im back home and have access to the document I will post it because I work away its hard to have these things at you finger tips.

I will post the document here as soon as I get it than Tony can come and kiss my a**e and then see what BS he has been geeting told.

Seems to MY small mind that IF you had any documentation, it would have been posted in the OP.

NOW it would seem that it is a mammoth task for you to produce said documentation :-?

Anyway...UR call....NOTHING you have said in this thread and especially your performance (or LACK thereoff) makes ME think any less of Webbe.

If I were in need and lived down that way....Webbe would be my 1st port of call.

Understand THIS......if NC personally disassociated themselves from YOU....then THAT is good enough for ME.

Thanks, Ray.

MyWay
07-10-2013, 01:35 PM
Pacificbanana
I still don't understand why did you give him $500 for ?

Pacificbanana
07-10-2013, 03:35 PM
Deleted text

Shark Poker
07-10-2013, 03:44 PM
You are not "telling" anyone anything
Just a yarn from anybody elses point of view.

If you need help show the print on that corner of the pwk and there is are plenty on here who knows what it means.
And if you wish to re-establish some basic credibility please get back to what you were supposed to be doing and (again) show some proof.

And maybe apologise to Tony. He is defending an ok business. You are the one making waves so lose the emotion and get factual.

So that's that then. Waiting for you.

And while we are waiting and you have created a small audience, what are your favourite boats so far? This is a type of boat I would like to own one day. Have you been for any other test drives or just reading brochures?

Pacificbanana
07-10-2013, 03:50 PM
Deleted Text

Shark Poker
07-10-2013, 03:52 PM
Oh gee.
Its been so long since we first discussed this that I have forgotten.

fin101
07-10-2013, 03:56 PM
I don't believe any dealer should expect a deposit for a test run. If they don't want to do it without the cash then they should not be in business. Test drives should be structured in the overall business costs. The boating industry is full of cowboys, actually it was , but the GFC has gotten rid of a lot of them, and sadly some good smaller operators. For the amount of money we pay for boats in this place we get very little back , either in quality , customer service and price. Have a look at the calibre of simple electrical wiring in your boat, quality of fittings, quality of installation of various bits and pieces, quality of people undertaking such work. To be frank I don't think a lot of dealers have sufficient capitol to be in the business in the first place. This is my observation of the boating trade in oz. Perhaps it's time we had a regulating body to oversee and set up a standards draft for the industry. This is done in the auto industry, and a lot of cheap boats cost significantly more than even the cheapest car. Does anyone else agree???

Steeler
07-10-2013, 03:59 PM
Nope not really

cobiaman
07-10-2013, 04:00 PM
Its an absolute joke if they want $500 for a test drive! If any salesman told me that i would run away.....

Shark Poker
07-10-2013, 04:19 PM
Does anyone else agree???

Yes I agree with you.
However, the peak in sales every year is at the boat shows where all the boats are on trailers and few sales are subject to future water test.
While the upside of water test are many positive experiences, the downsides are many and varied.

Not being cheeky Fin101, but if you boat was advertised for sale and I knock on your door right NOW and say "yeah mate looks ok lets go for a run, NOW " you would stop to consider of course.
Imagine running a yard 7 days a week and being asked every couple of hours.
Most brokerages will not even start the engines for you until the deal is done, surveyor and mechanical test are complete and deposit is down. You back out and lose an easy $1000 but that's better than $50 to $250k or more of hassles.
Trailer boat yards, especially dealing with brand new AND consignment stock have to be even more careful in their decision.
What if a consignment boat suffers a fault on its second test run? Who should pay for the repair?

Some buyers are well intentioned but may be using the test run as an educational opportunity. They will leave when the test is complete as they have just confirmed they want the other product or at least to research something else.
And some sellers of course, do not want you to know that their boat is 20% underpowered and say, leans heavily to port if a 3rd person is up in the flybridge. Not to mention how NOISY twin diesels can be without soundproofing!

Again my point is not to treat the boat yards like a supermarket. Please shop around, find a couple to co-operate with and treat them with respect if you want great results.

Shark Poker
07-10-2013, 04:23 PM
Its an absolute joke if they want $500 for a test drive! If any salesman told me that i would run away.....

I do not agree with you for once.
I would not run away, but would follow him around laughing for the next half hour.
But $500 for a test run is not really the actual situation, just part of a mess of hearsay right now.

Most of these agreements are say $500 part payment to seal the agreement, subject to satisfactory water test, of course.

(Luv the pics from yesterday - good on you!)

Shark Poker
07-10-2013, 04:48 PM
Perhaps it's time we had a regulating body to oversee and set up a standards draft for the industry. This is done in the auto industry.... Does anyone else agree???

Great Point. The general marine industry has no representative body at all but there is an entity (in QLD) called Marine Queensland (aka Marine-Queens) that event plan a couple local boat shows, hold meetings and occasionally make media releases about their core members or best advertisers. IMHO of course. Has a staff of about 5.
Repairers, custom builders and service contractors are not whom they represent and from my experience in retail they have no governing authority other than possibly taking away your members discount at the next Brisbane or Tackle and Tinny boat show.
You will see them pop up on the news with any marine story and speaking for 3 seconds "on behalf of industry"
I wish we had a proper regulating and representative body but its just not us! :)

fin101
07-10-2013, 04:48 PM
Most buyers in the large boat market are normally "in the loop" enough to get a ride on their prospective purchase away from the dealer. If you see fit to want to consign boats then the ground rules should be spelt out to the dealer and seller beforehand, as well as being subject to a mechanical check prior to it's being put on the floor. If the seller does not agree, then refuse to take it. You will be better off if your the dealer. If someone chooses a competitors boat over yours than that's just the way it is. You have to take the good with the bad, that's what selling is. If you provide good service, have and maintain a good relationship with your respective suppliers, and believe in the quality of your product , then you are more than halfway there. Smart buyers will see this , and successful sellers will know this. Look around at the brands and dealers that have stood the test of time in your local area, more often than not they are doing it the right way, then cast your mind back to the ones that have folded.

Shark Poker
07-10-2013, 04:51 PM
Most buyers in the large boat market are normally "in the loop" enough to get a ride on their prospective purchase away from the dealer. If you see fit to want to consign boats then the ground rules should be spelt out to the dealer and seller beforehand, as well as being subject to a mechanical check prior to it's being put on the floor. If the seller does not agree, then refuse to take it. You will be better off if your the dealer. If someone chooses a competitors boat over yours than that's just the way it is. You have to take the good with the bad, that's what selling is. If you provide good service, have and maintain a good relationship with your respective suppliers, and believe in the quality of your product , then you are more than halfway there. Smart buyers will see this , and successful sellers will know this. Look around at the brands and dealers that have stood the test of time in your local area, more often than not they are doing it the right way, then cast your mind back to the ones that have folded.

!00% with you on this one. Just visit JCM at Tingalpa and see this happening.

Boat Hog
07-10-2013, 05:21 PM
Deleted Text

Deleted text

Deleted text

Deleted text

Deleted text

deleted text

Pacificbananna has deleted all of his posts (including the original complaint)!

Perhaps this thread should also be deleted?

Shark Poker
07-10-2013, 05:31 PM

Perhaps this thread should also be deleted?

Great Point but alternatively lets leave it as an example of what happens if you:

a. appeal to the empathy of AF members
b. on a less than genuine complaint
c. can not explain in detail or show proof
d. threaten an apparently decent business
e. while arguing with AF members
f.Can not post any pics or proof
g. Do not ask for help just wish to make a fuss
h. Do not apologise for the above

I mean do we want to go thru this every time?
Pauly

fin101
07-10-2013, 05:33 PM
Interesting! As I mentioned earlier , these are simply some of my observations.

Marlin_Mike
07-10-2013, 05:37 PM
Why delete the thread??????????/ It's better than Bold and the Beautiful............................

Shark Poker
07-10-2013, 05:39 PM
Why delete the thread??????????/ It's better than Bold and the Beautiful............................

Exactly !

Jarrah Jack
07-10-2013, 06:08 PM

Legals????

Shark Poker
07-10-2013, 06:25 PM
In the Jungle,
the concrete jungle,
my keyboard sleeps tonight.
In the jungle,
the concrete jungle,
I will not wake in fright

Near the village,
the peaceful village,
the buyer sleeps tonight.
Near the village,
the quiet village,
the install team works all night

Hush my darling,
don't fear my darling, You can
sleep tonight.
Hush my darling,
don't fear my darling,
Our boat will be a sight!..
Oh...
(Rhythm singing)
I win again I win again I win again I win again....

stevej
07-10-2013, 06:34 PM
ive spent the last few weeks looking for a new boat

one western Sydney dealer I walked into 3 times to look at boats and was never approached by any staff member
the other up the road when I asked if any movement in price pointed to a customer in the yard and said he just offered me xyz for that boat (it was 1k off the asking price) I then went over and asked the guy if he made a offer and was told no staff member had even spoken to him yet and he was after another boat

another said he would water test any boat he had before he would take a deposit off off me.

ended up buying second hand today

this last guy was the only guy to offer what I call customer service, that was out of 15 odd yards I went to between Newcastle and nowra

Marlin_Mike
07-10-2013, 06:39 PM
Over the years I have bought several boats, and an outboard. 2 boats and an outboard, brother in law bought 2 boats. All from Wynnum Marine. I wouldnt go anywhere else to be honest. George looked after us each time. Doesnt mean other yards are bad, just that Wynnum Marines service is good enough that I dont need to go anywhere else.

Shark Poker
07-10-2013, 06:43 PM
"Uncle George" is like a permanent fixture that you can just show up almost any time to see.
A real asset to the company in this regard.
He can always spare 5 minutes to say G'day and ask what you are up to.

PeterKroll
07-10-2013, 08:50 PM
Fatbuoy, your musical interlude is a masterpiece. The Tokens should be calling shortly re their royalties.

By the way, can anyone explain to me what just happened? How can such a lively and dynamic thread simply... die... in such an ignominious way? And when did I learn to use the word 'ignominious'?

solemandownunder
07-10-2013, 09:04 PM
Peter, I would suggest that banana himself has been named & shamed....as it SHOULD be in this instance IMO. 8-)

BTW, must call you...or vice versa 2morrow sometime....MAY have an idea for a Tilt unit.

Bought a Viking EasyRider since we last spoke...70 hp Jonno Motor seized on boat, bought another 70hp Jonno....both have Hydrolic units...just an idea at this stage....and maybe some engineering expertise called for.

Cheers, Ray.

Marlin_Mike
08-10-2013, 06:32 AM
Fatbuoy, your musical interlude is a masterpiece. The Tokens should be calling shortly re their royalties.

By the way, can anyone explain to me what just happened? How can such a lively and dynamic thread simply... die... in such an ignominious way? And when did I learn to use the word 'ignominious'?

I'm impressed.............ignominious................. ..now you have to post the definition so everyone knows............. can I use that word???

PeterKroll
08-10-2013, 07:38 AM
Mike, my understanding is that anyone can use this word. (Let's make that 'may' instead of 'can').

I'm a bit cranky about it, though. I originally bought the word off a dealer who said that if I didn't use it, I could have my money back. But, wilting under the well-known effect of 'forum performance anxiety', I have inadvertently used it when I didn't mean to. I still think, with the word only being lightly used, I should get something back. I'll be contacting my lawyer today.

And now I have inadvertently used 'inadvertently'! Three times! I only have a license for two! This is clearly dealer error! He should have known that I would inadvertently use the word 'inadvertantly ' three times. Aaarrggghhh!! Five times!!

Aargh!!

PeterKroll
08-10-2013, 07:52 AM
As to the meaning, there is the accepted meaning, and then there is my understanding of the meaning. So for me, it is

'Do not give anything cold to popular American rodents'

The way I parse this is:

'Ig': a contraction of the word 'igloo', referring to chill factor, ice-like

'no': general negative declamation, opposition to 'yes'

'mini ous': generic term, urban contraction of given personal name, refer related term 'Mickey Mouse'

Now everything is clear...

Pacificbanana
08-10-2013, 08:48 AM
I think its time for Pacificbanana to stop getting blamed for this thread.

I work with Michael, PB and he has told us numerous times about the boat test and the cash.

So a couple of us got together and because he is pretty trustworthy we got his password for his login to this forum.

So when Ashley asked him if it was him who started of course he denied it cause he didnt know anything about it.

And we cant give you the document because thats something he is keeping close to himself for his own proof if and when he would need it.

We did this for a joke at first to get back at him cause he is my boss and got me disciplined recently, my fault so I thought I would pay him back because we all knew what his gripe was.

So I know he will find out but after reading what you guys have been saying about him being named and shamed is not his fault.
He said a while ago he came to this site learn more about fishing boating etc and we knew that we could embarrass him but not to this extent.

You can believe us or not but thats the truth.

The story about the money is true but for PB starting this thread and all the other stuff its not.
Ill be not coming back cause Ive done enough damage and the joke has gone too far.

mik01
08-10-2013, 08:48 AM
Great Point but alternatively lets leave it as an example of what happens if you:

a. appeal to the empathy of AF members
b. on a less than genuine complaint
c. can not explain in detail or show proof
d. threaten an apparently decent business
e. while arguing with AF members
f.Can not post any pics or proof
g. Do not ask for help just wish to make a fuss
h. Do not apologise for the above

I mean do we want to go thru this every time?
Pauly

Prove it.

Having more than a passable understanding of legal matters, I'd suggest it is MOST likely that OP was made a deal to remove all said posts in exchange for a swift resolution of his issue, OR alternately a defamation threat from the dealers solicitor.

Refer to my comment about these matters being resolved behind closed doors.
I haven't seen any of the parties acknowledging a resolution, however I returned to this thread to read you carrying on like a goose, gloating over a perceived 'win' you have had.

I like Steve's (Ausfish) sig line - arguing with an idiot only proves there are two.
You haven't covered yourself in glory from what I've read.
Anyway, hopefully this thread can sink to its resting place for eternity.

Jarrah Jack
08-10-2013, 08:56 AM

I work with Michael, PB and he has told us numerous times about the boat test and the cash.

So a couple of us got together and because he is pretty trustworthy we got his password for his login to this forum.

So when Ashley asked him if it was him who started of course he denied it cause he didnt know anything about it.

And we cant give you the document because thats something he is keeping close to himself for his own proof if and when he would need it.

We did this for a joke at first to get back at him cause he is my boss and got me disciplined recently, my fault so I thought I would pay him back because we all knew what his gripe was.

So I know he will find out but after reading what you guys have been saying about him being named and shamed is not his fault.
He said a while ago he came to this site learn more about fishing boating etc and we knew that we could embarrass him but not to this extent.

The story about the money is true but for PB starting this thread and all the other stuff its not.
Ill be not coming back cause Ive done enough damage and the joke has gone too far.

Struth.. I thought I've come across everything on here but this beats them all.

Life can be stranger than fiction I was gunna say fact but goodness knows where that is.

You're not related to smashed crabs are you ?

frankgrimes
08-10-2013, 09:26 AM
You're not related to smashed crabs are you ?

Ha! Gold! Maybe smallunits made a comeback

ric
08-10-2013, 09:56 AM
Prove it.

Having more than a passable understanding of legal matters, I'd suggest it is MOST likely that OP was made a deal to remove all said posts in exchange for a swift resolution of his issue, OR alternately a defamation threat from the dealers solicitor.

Refer to my comment about these matters being resolved behind closed doors.
I haven't seen any of the parties acknowledging a resolution, however I returned to this thread to read you carrying on like a goose, gloating over a perceived 'win' you have had.

I like Steve's (Ausfish) sig line - arguing with an idiot only proves there are two.
You haven't covered yourself in glory from what I've read.
Anyway, hopefully this thread can sink to its resting place for eternity. quoted the wrong person. Sorry

ric
08-10-2013, 10:00 AM

That's not a nice way to peel back pacific's skin

lbger
08-10-2013, 10:07 AM
wow.. is this ausfish or home and away..

Back In Black
08-10-2013, 10:24 AM

mik01- It's not that I automatically agree with them, its built on past experiences, & never once have I known them to "fabricate" something whereas banana lied & was caught out publicly, so theres your answer for you.

If you carefully read all my posts, there was never any attack on him. At the worst I asked him to clarify some facts which he never did.

I'm struggling working out why some people are getting so testy over this, yourself included.

The funny thing is mate, I'd come to your assistance if required.

Tony

Back In Black
08-10-2013, 10:46 AM

Wow, thats all I can say!! I have never heard of anything like this ever before, & I am sure there will be some repercussions for a while to come.

So Michael is Pacificbanana & you blokes hijacked his login & started a thread on his behalf??

Didn't you think this would ever be found out?? What are your employment options looking like currently??

If you were one of my staff, you'd be over the fence in a heartbeat. Misrepresenting your boss. Are you for real??

Did Michael write any of this, or has every post been you?? Did you delete all the posts, or was it internal within Ausfish??

I am absolutely stunned & mortified, as I in all fairness believed I was involved in dialogue with the person who posted the original thread, as I am sure everyone else did.

To Michael, my sincere apologies, as I was going off the facts laid out before me, & to the clown who instigated this, did you not think of the consequences of your actions??

You are right, you have done enough damage & yes, the joke went WAY too far!!

Tony

PeterKroll
08-10-2013, 11:17 AM
I'm stunned. I am, however, very glad that I know.

kock81
08-10-2013, 11:22 AM
Cry me a river mate, doesn't make any sense regarding you posting that to get back at your boss. I SMELL A BIG STINKY RAT! Pull the other one it plays jingle bells!!
Happy to be wrong and also apologise as well.
PS I think he needs to take the document of his chest. just between us I think now is the time he needs it.

Dicko
08-10-2013, 11:24 AM
Worlds weirdest thread.

Fed
08-10-2013, 12:16 PM
Here's a link to the first post to refresh everyone's memory.
http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/showthread.php?195051-Treatment-by-arrogant-boat-dealers
After reading it again I call BS, that rant was from someone who was there.

Crunchy
08-10-2013, 12:45 PM
Good on Tony for bringing another angle to this thread early on which appears to be on the mark, a good many posters have egg on face.

Back In Black
08-10-2013, 12:55 PM
Good on Tony for bringing another angle to this thread early on which appears to be on the mark, a good many posters have egg on face.

Crunchy, now I'm just plain confused??? As soon as I read PB's last post, I felt crook in the guts. I rang an Ausfish mate & he said what a load of crap, its his way out??

This confused me even more, as I tend to take things at face value, whereas my Ausfish mate is a cynical chap, but then I thought about it & thought, hmmm??

Then kock81 shoots a broadside intimating the same thing as my cynical mate said.

Then Dicko clarified everything!!

The Fed gets on board & I'm not sure what he was intimating???

Once you blokes sort out if this is legit or not, please let me know.

Tony

Marlin_Mike
08-10-2013, 01:10 PM
What time is Bold and the Beautiful on? More sense there than some of the tripe going on here. Bring back Jerry Springer, he'll sort it out for you......

FisHard
08-10-2013, 01:17 PM
Tony, with all the BS sprouted here just forget about it and move on! Who knows what the truth is, and WHO CARES! You're a respected Ausfish member, as someone else mentioned, living the dream, and all the rest is just taps in a keyboard. Onwards and upwards! :D

Crunchy
08-10-2013, 01:36 PM
Crunchy, now I'm just plain confused??? As soon as I read PB's last post, I felt crook in the guts. I rang an Ausfish mate & he said what a load of crap, its his way out??

This confused me even more, as I tend to take things at face value, whereas my Ausfish mate is a cynical chap, but then I thought about it & thought, hmmm??

Then kock81 shoots a broadside intimating the same thing as my cynical mate said.

The Fed gets on board & I'm not sure what he was intimating???

Once you blokes sort out if this is legit or not, please let me know.

Tony

Personally I don't think it matters whether PB posted originally or one of his employees (That's their issue to resolve), the upshot here is the full story wasn't as it originally appeared and you flagged that possibility and brought an alternative view to the thread.

Back In Black
08-10-2013, 03:08 PM
Now I want to withdraw my apology Banana because I have just found out quite a bit more about you & the way you deal with people. At this point I'd like to swear at you, but for fear of being banned, I'll refrain.

Actually, I'd probably rather meet you face to face.

I wont elaborate but this man is an absolute pathological liar & the sooner this thread is deleted & lost to cyber space forever, the better for all of us.

Ever heard of Karma mate, it's a bitch!!

Tony

Dicko
08-10-2013, 03:18 PM

Umm, sorry, but that wasn't me. I left my computer on and my next door neighbour's aunty, who was over darning one of my socks jumped on it while I was in the loo.

I'll pass on your comment to her :)

fin101
08-10-2013, 03:59 PM
As Jack Palance used to say "believe it or not". (Say with broken nose) LOL!

IcyDuck
08-10-2013, 04:33 PM
Wow ... This story has more twists and turns than a Robert Ludlum novel. Will the real PB please step forward.

solemandownunder
08-10-2013, 04:46 PM

BULLSHIT.....AND you know it.

I told Tony I would not post on this thread again, BUT I have to say the above, and AGAIN......PURE....#$%^&*( BULLSHIT.

Sad case this one..........oh...and btw, BULLSHIT.