PDA

View Full Version : Angriest Shark

Justin Rossiter
02-10-2013, 11:50 AM
Well its pi$$ing down in Hobart at present and blowing a gale, was just looking through a few old fishing photos and came across one of a mate a few years back holding a 5ft 7 gill shark by the tail trying to get it out of the boat and the thing is trying to take his leg off. It was by far the angriest shark I have ever encountered.

Any other stories of angry sharks out there to keep me occupied ?

Noelm
02-10-2013, 12:52 PM
any shark you get in the boat is angry, they are not all that happy when you gaff them beside the boat either.

netmaker
02-10-2013, 02:50 PM
nearly lost my legs (and the rest of me) to an 11ft bronzie when I was trawler deckying. he had a rope around his neck that had been on that long the skin was growing back over it. he had a go at the stabilizer on the trawler and took 3 baits one after the other. I was very glad I had just got back out of the water to wind in my pb Spanish. don't swim in the salt anymore...

robfish 1
02-10-2013, 03:26 PM
Around 20 yrs ago, I took a mate outside PPB heads to chase down some little Makos. After boating one about 6ft long, we tailroped it and towed it backwards, back to the launch ramp. We knew (?) that the trip of about 8km would drown the shark so had no qualms when another mate in another boat at the ramp asked us to pose for photos. That is until, this nasty little Mako decided that he didn't want to snuff it, and proceeded to thrash and throw us about in his anger as we held him up for the photoshoot!
We unceremoniously dumped him back in the water - never to be seen again! We don't have the shark, but we still have the photos of him thrashing around as we held him!

Richo1
02-10-2013, 05:51 PM
Last year on a night dive on the swains, my dive buddy had a 8foot Tawny shark race in and chomp on the shark shield attached to his leg.
It was angry to say the least. Once it had a boot from the shield it took off not too be seen again. Was a good laugh.....after we changed our wetsuits!

Justin Rossiter
02-10-2013, 06:56 PM
Some great stories there

Have heard a few rippers down this way involving Ab/Scallop/Cray divers and Great Whites. That line of work is not for me.