PDA

View Full Version : Leisure Freight & Import/New Boats Direct - The Final Chapter

ric
01-10-2013, 01:14 PM
Hi All,

Firstly, there are many people, lawyers and companies have spent hours of their own personal time and money in order to help me in any way they could. I am by no means ungrateful and I wish to thank each and everyone of you for your help over the last 9 months. As per all your requests, you shall remain nameless but nevertheless I am extremely thankful.

To LP and Steve (website owner) I understand you guys are trying to moderate this forum, but I see no need to delete my post again, nor lock it as I am not posting anything malice or derogitory towards anyone, meerly posting up 'the facts' of the situation (pun intended).

ok, now with all that out the way.

ric
01-10-2013, 01:24 PM
here is where I stand currently,
yes these are the facts of the case...

trailer is sitting in Brisbane port- not cleared customs. freight unpaid. There is a maritime lien over the cargo which was aboard the ALDERNEY. YES my trailer was on the Alderney like "the facts" said and not on the ships that new boats direct posted up on this forum.

The trailer was not even finished being built and I was told it was already on a ship. I knew the trailer wasn't completed(had discussion with the US) - and yet I was given false documents attempting to show it was on a different ship.

I am not the only one in this situation, there are approx. 3mil worth of cargo currently in lien and a figure of $400,000 worth of freight outstanding on that cargo. Same situation happened about 18 months ago, but last time, the poor buggers ended up paying the lien (effectively paid freight twice) approx. $25K EA!!!!

As of last week, the director of leisurefreight went personally bankrupt. publically available on the Brisbane circuitry court website.

As of today, leisure freight went into liquidation.

raise a glass to those boats tonight boys, there's got to be some sad boat owners out there right now.

ohh forgot to add sorry. currently the lien on my trailer is about 10K US, if I pay that + GST (again) + warf charges, it effectively makes the trailer a write-off.

solemandownunder
01-10-2013, 01:36 PM
bugga.....so effectively about the same price as if you had it made here in OZ. ::)

NO slight intended, but probably FACT that Di will resurface under another name and carry on business as usual.

It would seem to be the norm in this industry :-X

Zippidy
01-10-2013, 01:48 PM
LEISURE FREIGHT & IMPORT PTY LTD

Print this report
DUNS: 74-362-2110
ACN: 142865307
ABN: 37142865307
ASIC Extract Date: 01 Oct 2013 13:46:19

Trading as: CARBON POLLUTION REDUCTION MANAGEMENT SERVICES (see Corporate Structure for other trading names)

Line of Business: OPERATOR OF DEEP SEA FOREIGN TRANSPORTATION OF FREIGHT

CEO: DIANNE LYONS, DIRECTOR

Founded: 2010

Industry SIC Codes: 4412 - Engaged in deep sea foreign transportation of freight

dogsbody
01-10-2013, 01:57 PM
SHIZEN!! Some folks should never be allowed to run a business ever again after such fiascos. I hope some good comes your way soon bud.

Dave

morphias
01-10-2013, 02:16 PM
Ric, I am so bloody sorry mate and sorry for all the other people that are affected.

After all the repeated UTTER BS and lies Di posted on this forum, the support other members gave her, all the flak that 'the facts' copped and now we see the disgusting, unethical, immoral, :( Whilst I am not directly affected by this, the maddening rage I am feeling is palpable.

I hope ASIC go to town on her! She should do time for this fiasco.

Ben.

cobiaman
01-10-2013, 02:30 PM
Sorry to hear that ric, lets hope she gets whats coming for her. All those lies that she told and all those threads she got deleted, lets hope karma bites her hard!

So, on another note, who's in for a quick whiparound to dump 5 cubes of horse manure on her driveway?

Justin Rossiter
01-10-2013, 02:32 PM
What happens Ric if you decided to just leave the trailer where it is ? Does it go to an auction eventually or sit there forever and a day ?

morphias
01-10-2013, 02:48 PM
Remember the BS about 'ethics' - funny how she is now the perpetrator!

http://www.leisurefreightandimport.com.au/Media-Release-May-2013.pdf

Remember her face:

http://au.linkedin.com/pub/dianne-lyons/47/b03/82a

Remember her businesses and make sure you don't get mixed up with them:

http://www.webmechanics.com.au

http://www.co2eshop.com.au

And I'll be seeking revocation of her membership from Marine Queensland which she claims on her LinkedIn profile, although Marine Queensland DO NOT have her listed on the members list.

ric
01-10-2013, 03:00 PM
What happens Ric if you decided to just leave the trailer where it is ? Does it go to an auction eventually or sit there forever and a day ?

I am still pursuing one final option, but i dont want to comment on it just yet (for legal reasons)

morphias
01-10-2013, 03:22 PM
And some others:

www.usaboatsdirect.com.au (http://www.usaboatsdirect.com.au)

www.newboatsdirect.com.au (http://www.newboatsdirect.com.au)

http://www.lfai.com.au

http://www.import-a-boat.com.au/

http://www.buyaboattrailer.com.au/

Jarrah Jack
01-10-2013, 03:26 PM
Thanks for letting us know what happened Ric. Interesting to see what happens to this thread.

ric
01-10-2013, 03:43 PM
all the flak that 'the facts' copped

the facts warned me months ago of such a scenario occurring.

On a lighter note, leisure freight do not know who 'the facts' is, contrary to their belief.
there was a recent case heard in Brisbane court vs a person whom they thought was 'the facts' needless to say, the case didn't go very far.. (I had a bit of a chuckle)

ric
01-10-2013, 03:48 PM
I forgot to mention:

A large number of people have contacted me whom are owed money etc over the past few months, can you all please get it contact with me again (how ever you did) as there are a number of things I wish to discuss. (appologies, I don't remember all of you)

cheers

Dicko
01-10-2013, 04:29 PM
Lots of good import stories around, including my own experiences, but when it bites, it bites hard.

Have followed this along & sorry to hear of the dramas you've had Ric.

MrNanks
01-10-2013, 09:30 PM

Remember her face:

And I'll be seeking revocation of her membership from Marine Queensland which she claims on her LinkedIn profile, although Marine Queensland DO NOT have her listed on the members list. The hag went to my High school. I dont remember the name but will ask as we have a 30 year re-union on Saturday night.

morphias
02-10-2013, 07:28 AM
Response from Marine Queensland:

"I have been passed on your email re Dianne Lyons and have just read the posts on Ausfish. The status with Dianne was that her membership was cancelled this year in March as she had not paid her membership. Then in late April we received a payment for their membership – so their membership was reinstated. I have forwarded your email onto our CEO who will take your complaint to the next Board Meeting."

mod2
02-10-2013, 05:22 PM

Remember her face:

And I'll be seeking revocation of her membership from Marine Queensland which she claims on her LinkedIn profile, although Marine Queensland DO NOT have her listed on the members list.

I know neither the person nor the business BUT if someone is so keen on posting information on someone then perhaps that person should put their own name and photo on the post also.

Shark Poker
02-10-2013, 05:32 PM
Morphias,
Good research there, mate.

Mod2, it would not matter if you did, mate. We all have long term established friends and associates.
I certainly do.
If they ****-up you may not be able to help but you don't sell them out. This thread is not against any of the AF team.
Thanks for interacting.

Cheers,
Pauly

Muddy Toes
02-10-2013, 05:52 PM
I know neither the person nor the business BUT if someone is so keen on posting information on someone then perhaps that person should put their own name and photo on the post also.

Why?

For trying to enlighten the rest of us of on how to not get stung by this less than savoury business person?

Your post doesn't make any sense........

Boat Hog
02-10-2013, 06:09 PM

If someone is Keen on suggesting that someone who is keen on posting information on someone posts their own name and photo on their post, shouldn't that person do likewise also with their post?!

cobiaman
02-10-2013, 06:11 PM

Im not sure if its just my phone but i cant see a profile pic of you mod2 ;)

Anyway, this is not a place to be having a dig at usefull members, this is about a woman who has lied and ripped off plenty of people.

As you were........

lucee81
02-10-2013, 06:36 PM
Im not sure if its just my phone but i cant see a profile pic of you mod2 ;)

Anyway, this is not a place to be having a dig at usefull members, this is about a woman who has lied and ripped off plenty of people.

As you were........

Who is this useful member you speak of?

Boat Hog
02-10-2013, 06:46 PM
Who is this useful member you speak of?

I meet him once at a Meet and Greet ..... He was very useful, just not that funny ....

Shark Poker
02-10-2013, 06:51 PM
If the documents that Ric referred to do actually exist, and with easy to show paper trail of the transactions and replies by email and lack there of...
One would think there would be pretty obvious grounds for requesting Qld Police to charge the person with Fraud.
That charge sticks whether you are bankrupt or not.
Also, ASIC would be an obvious chance for charging her with Insolvent Trading, if that business has continued to accept payments or deposits after their financials are obviously hopeless.

Captain Seaweed
02-10-2013, 07:16 PM

In an open forum environment I believe its sometimes better to maintain anonymity, you get more truth like in this case . Everyones IP addresses are recorded should someone wish to pursue others for misleading information if needed. Why would you post a picture of your name and photo? I do in all my fishing pics and people know who I am, maybe you could kick the ball of Mod 2?

Captain Seaweed
02-10-2013, 07:23 PM
Im owed $25k by her

Captain Seaweed
02-10-2013, 07:33 PM
very ungregarious in my opinion. :)

Jarrah Jack
02-10-2013, 07:40 PM
Im owed $25k by her

Together with Ric's problems I can't imagine how any member of this site/community isn't dead against that woman.

She kept telling us we should be out fishing while failing to understand that we need boats and trailers in order to do so.

ric
02-10-2013, 07:47 PM
Im owed $25k by her

I had to disagree with your post capt'n. There were legal fees as well as the 25K.

And for everyone else, he is not the only one owed that sum of money with the previous shipment!

Muddy Toes
02-10-2013, 08:01 PM
Pull ya heads in boys and stay on track.

Start ya own Pin fishing thread before the heads of this forum stop this thread quicker than South Sydney was stopped in their run during the NRL this year.

Boat Hog
02-10-2013, 08:57 PM
So, given the outcome ... any chance the original 'Leisure Freight and Import Bankrupt?" thread will be reinstated on ausfish?

ric
03-10-2013, 06:29 AM
So, given the outcome ... any chance the original 'Leisure Freight and Import Bankrupt?" thread will be reinstated on ausfish?

Probably got more chance of getting my trailer back than that fabulous thread being reopened.

The facts isnt in hiding either.... For some reason he cant login anymore?

bugman
03-10-2013, 07:25 AM
Ric,
I feel for you mate. I managed to get my trailer last year but went through a similar scenario with this company. Six weeks blew out to 9 months. Stories changed on a weekly basis from your trailer's on a boat - to - your trailers waiting to be shipped - to your trailer is here (not my trailer). Unreturned phone calls and emails - I thought I'd done my money but luckily the Magic Tilt is sitting under the Grady White in the backyard now. I now consider myself a very very lucky boy and have sympathy for anyone who got caught by this company.
Brett

MrNanks
03-10-2013, 07:43 AM
That is exactly why we should be able to discuss this stuff on a forum.
I am sure if Ric knew the lies Bugman was told by LF& INBD and the thought of losing his money he would wouldn't have used them.
I would love to bring a boat in from the States and hearing these stories worries me.
Ric , has this taking a toll on your boat building enthusiasm ? I feel for you .

Cheers

ric
03-10-2013, 09:22 AM
That is exactly why we should be able to discuss this stuff on a forum.
I am sure if Ric knew the lies Bugman was told by LF& INBD and the thought of losing his money he would wouldn't have used them.
I would love to bring a boat in from the States and hearing these stories worries me.
Ric , has this taking a toll on your boat building enthusiasm ? I feel for you .

Cheers

The problem is when everi need to move the boat around the shed, ithas to be lifted. And it will be done before christmas and i want to be able to use it!

Im pissed off but at the same time i'm smiling. You cant let people like that get you down. Im not the one that will have to hide from all the boat owners, im not the one looking over my shoulder the rest of my life.

Kato77
03-10-2013, 09:44 AM
If the documents that Ric referred to do actually exist, and with easy to show paper trail of the transactions and replies by email and lack there of...
One would think there would be pretty obvious grounds for requesting Qld Police to charge the person with Fraud.
That charge sticks whether you are bankrupt or not.
Also, ASIC would be an obvious chance for charging her with Insolvent Trading, if that business has continued to accept payments or deposits after their financials are obviously hopeless.

If you report any case of fraud to the police, they have to investigate it.

I'm sure Ric would have his bank statements to prove his payments & invoices to show who he paid.

I would also think the ATO might be interested if there's GST/taxes involved. For ASIC i think there is a thing where you can report someone for "scams" like those Nigerian emails that turn up in your junk mail.

Muddy Toes
03-10-2013, 09:51 AM
Gee Kato, the kind of info yourself and that totally unrelated person 'the facts' come up with is five star.

Actually no it's better than that........whatever better than five star is............

morphias
03-10-2013, 09:59 AM

Hi mod2,

My name is Ben, as posted in an earlier post on this thread and on most other posts I make.

I live in Cashmere, as per my profile.

Anyway:

http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/showthread.php?195044-Hello-from-Brisbane...&p=1510241#post1510241

Ante up!

Ben.

Jarrah Jack
03-10-2013, 11:32 AM
Actually no it's better than that........whatever better than five star is............

Six.....::)

Kato77
03-10-2013, 11:42 AM
Gee Kato, the kind of info yourself and that totally unrelated person 'the facts' come up with is five star.

Comes with growing up in a family of coppers i guess.. :)

Muddy Toes
03-10-2013, 11:55 AM

I like the way you think.......nearly........

ric
03-10-2013, 12:02 PM
So give me your opinions everyone...

I paid 12500 for the trailer, customs docs are in LFAI name, and the lien is10k+. I pay the lien and goes through customs in a liquidated name, then the liquidators grab it. I may or may not get the trailer. If i do end up getting it, it would take months.

Order another trailer through a reputable import company.
Buy australian for 23k
Build myself

If i do get another trailer and best case, i also get the one i own at the moment, i could always sell it.

What do you think?

jmwarner
03-10-2013, 12:05 PM
Sorry to hear of this ric and sadly this does happen a fair bit. We had a debitor went bankrupt late last year and this guy owed hundreds of thousands of dollars to people and wasn't his first business that went bankrupt in the same market. I went round to pick up a check and there was a note on the door from the land lord to call him. Turned out he was told to have his bill ready to pay by the end of the week and during the night they packed everything up and left. I have heard whispers he has now opened up another business but I am guessing it is through a relative or something because I cant believe he would be allowed to open another business.

WalrusLike
03-10-2013, 12:17 PM
Many shonkies go bankrupt then are operating again a day later. They have just started a new business in wife's name, then sons name, then daughters name, then other sons, brothers, sisters....

Can't believe they can go broke and then do it again? Happens all the time. Imagine you have a good cash flow business and you buy yourself toys in the business name or lease them, run on empty for a while, then run up lots of bills and go broke, start again.

You can live high on the hog that way for a lifetime.

As against that.., a company can be struggling along just barely afloat and people get upset when that struggling company goes belly up owing em stuff. The company was hoping to survive, and later thrive, but it didn't happen.

As soon as they lie to customers about their goods then they have crossed the line though in my opinion.

(Using Tapatalk on iPhone so can't easily 'thank' or 'like')

cormorant
03-10-2013, 12:42 PM

I paid 12500 for the trailer, customs docs are in LFAI name, and the lien is10k+. I pay the lien and goes through customs in a liquidated name, then the liquidators grab it. I may or may not get the trailer. If i do end up getting it, it would take months.

Buy australian for 23k
Build myself

If i do get another trailer and best case, i also get the one i own at the moment, i could always sell it.

What do you think?

Hi Ric
Dumb question - well many from me. The Maritime lien for 10000 on a 12500 trailer? More than $12500 now with costs of action.
Just for interests sake what was the value she went bankrupt for? Interesting what she will list with the trustee .

I thought the lien would only be to cover the transport charges and assume they are not 10000 but then again? That aside I am unsure with that sort of lien if they have the ability to ( although in posession) to outright sell goods and there may well be another interest registered behind that lien? Administrator , customs? . If you could deal direct with the lien holder and if they can guarantee you clear title to your trailer I'd offer them a couple of grand - more than they will get trying to auction the trailer after costs and then you just have the issue of how the hell to get it through customs ?? So no deal until the path is clear What a nightmare.

By any chance do you have any documentation relating to a serial number on the trailer or such that shows your interest in the trailer and can you register a lien behind the maritime one and claim it directly as it is not a asset of LFAI thus avoiding liquidators involvement? If it wasn't on Fed land the other side of customs I know exactly what I would be doing

All assumes the trailer is actually up to the spec you ordered? Have you seen or inspected teh trailer and can you do so? Friend at docks or storage? If it isn't what you ordered you may not want it?

Not a good situation at all.

ric
03-10-2013, 01:22 PM
Hi Ric
Dumb question - well many from me. The Maritime lien for 10000 on a 12500 trailer? More than $12500 now with costs of action.
Just for interests sake what was the value she went bankrupt for? Interesting what she will list with the trustee .

I thought the lien would only be to cover the transport charges and assume they are not 10000 but then again? That aside I am unsure with that sort of lien if they have the ability to ( although in posession) to outright sell goods and there may well be another interest registered behind that lien? Administrator , customs? . If you could deal direct with the lien holder and if they can guarantee you clear title to your trailer I'd offer them a couple of grand - more than they will get trying to auction the trailer after costs and then you just have the issue of how the hell to get it through customs ?? So no deal until the path is clear What a nightmare.

By any chance do you have any documentation relating to a serial number on the trailer or such that shows your interest in the trailer and can you register a lien behind the maritime one and claim it directly as it is not a asset of LFAI thus avoiding liquidators involvement? If it wasn't on Fed land the other side of customs I know exactly what I would be doing

All assumes the trailer is actually up to the spec you ordered? Have you seen or inspected teh trailer and can you do so? Friend at docks or storage? If it isn't what you ordered you may not want it?

Not a good situation at all.

10k is round figures, it works out more because that figure is in Usd, then i have to pay duty and gst still.
Have docs to prove ownership and have spoken to the 'lien people'.
Very difficult to bring in as its all not in my name.
Trailer has not gone through customs.

Interestingly though, another company who works closely with LFAI had their ships cleared no worries (same ship) - but i guess that happens when you pay your bills.

Dicko
03-10-2013, 02:02 PM
'I pay the lien and goes through customs in a liquidated name, then the liquidators grab it'

It sucks you don't get first bite at it.

For 10k ish it would be worth it if they could guarantee it over to your possession. 23k ish all up is doable compared to the price of getting another made. The risk of paying (another) 10k ish & have it end up in the hands of the liquidators to auction anyway off is probably too big of a gamble.. you'd out of pocket 23k ish all up,, ...and still no trailer.

23k to make another means 46k all up. Friggin expensive trailer !

Tough one.

It seems odd you don't have first claim on the goods, though I gather you've explored it all.

Illusionmirage
04-10-2013, 12:48 PM
Hi Ric,

I might have missed something but did you ever sign anything to say this company has a lien over your trailer?

I cant see how a liquidator can take control of property they down own. Much like a liquidator cannot sell a piece of equipment that has a loan over it.

If you did sign something then I would imagine that puts you on the secured creditor list at least.

EDIT* Did you pay the importer the money for the trailer + shipping?

ric
05-10-2013, 10:28 AM
Hi Ric,

I might have missed something but did you ever sign anything to say this company has a lien over your trailer?

I cant see how a liquidator can take control of property they down own. Much like a liquidator cannot sell a piece of equipment that has a loan over it.

If you did sign something then I would imagine that puts you on the secured creditor list at least.

EDIT* Did you pay the importer the money for the trailer + shipping?

It's because the docs are in her name. They hold the cargo under the BOL name in which the debt is owed.

Paid in full for trailer, shipping, customs and GST!

And yes they will have trouble auctioning off the cargo as there are no clear titles.

Forgot to add, customs clear it in LFAI name and only their rep ( liquidators in thiscase) can pick it up.

Horse
05-10-2013, 11:32 AM
If Di has been lying and trading while insolvent you may have some channels for redress against her personally rather than through the LFAI liquidators

ric
08-10-2013, 08:38 AM
If Di has been lying and trading while insolvent you may have some channels for redress against her personally rather than through the LFAI liquidators

I could try but she has been bankrupted personally too. I would need to fight the trustees for some of the action.

I will keep everyone posted as it all comes to a close.

mik01
08-10-2013, 09:57 AM
Problem is that the liquidators will need to pay out secured creditors first, if there is anything left after the transporter has been paid. And that's if there is anything left to pay the transporter, otherwise they will auction off the goods to recover their fees.
What's left goes to liquidators, which goes usually to a bank debt first.

I can't see how you would ever see your trailer or money. Sadly, you would probably have to walk away.
As for the person involved, she may not have been trading insolvent, and its hard to prove conclusively.

Sheik
08-10-2013, 10:11 AM
yep...
or seven?
is that bigger than 5?
knew i should have worked harder in school.

Muddy Toes
08-10-2013, 10:18 AM
Seven star? Stupid name for a transport business..........

Sheik
08-10-2013, 05:03 PM
A THOUSAND star imports Muddy, how about that? How good a business would that be..

Boat Hog
08-10-2013, 05:13 PM
A THOUSAND star imports Muddy, how about that? How good a business would that be..

Now you're just being an idiot!:P

So then ...... how come I've never meet you at an AUSFISH M&G? Sounds like you qualify ..;D:D:P

lucee81
08-10-2013, 07:31 PM
Now you're just being an idiot!:P

So then ...... how come I've never meet you at an AUSFISH M&G? Sounds like you qualify ..;D:D:P

youv'e never met me... do i qualify
(what are we qualifying for ive only read the last 4 posts

cobiaman
08-10-2013, 08:54 PM
youv'e never met me... do i qualify
(what are we qualifying for ive only read the last 4 posts

Yeah, you qualify!

Boat Hog
09-10-2013, 04:24 AM
Yeah, you qualify!

Over qualified?

cobiaman
09-10-2013, 07:12 AM
Over qualified?

Definately!!!!

Illusionmirage
17-10-2013, 01:19 PM
Have you tried playing hardball with the liquidaters? They cant sell the boat (you own it) so what are they going to do? Keep paying customs for storage fees? The liquidaters are now liable for all costs incurred by the bankrupt company from the date they took over (new costs).

If you paid for shipping via credit card have you tried using inbuilt fraud function and claim the shipping payment back?

End of the day I cant see how anyone can do anything with your trailer if you havent signed anything saying they can. Just make sure you keep lodgeing the required forms with the liquidater. I imagine once the company is liquidated completly and closed the shipper/customs will have to release the items to you, in the mean time they try to use them as a way to get paid.

steven22
19-10-2013, 09:50 PM
well its time i said something on this forum Iam owed 11k by Leisure Freight & Import {aka Di lyons } so i went 2 court last week and judge ordered her 2 pay it back with in 14 days so see what happens now, been speaking to liquidaters and she wont hand over her book yet, I have been told 2 fill out a debt claim form and wait , so it look like its never going 2 end , so 2 all people owed money i hope we all see what we paid for or some money or her in jail , thanks for starting this thread ric it has help me so much with this problem letting me no what was happening with other people as u no she doesnt answer phone calls , ok if any one has info that would help in any way please pm me thanks

burleygu
20-10-2013, 03:24 PM

Buy australian for 23k
Build myself

What do you think?

Build one Ric If you have the time. you have done a fantastic job on your boat and If you built a trailer I wouldn't expect any less. And when its all done and in the water you will have the satisfaction knowing you did everything your self. Not many people can say that with a boat in the class that you have built!

mowerman
20-10-2013, 08:20 PM
.Worth a read for the turn of phrase.

http://www.australiatrade.com.au/Shipping/Import/vehicles.htm

morphias
24-10-2013, 11:28 AM
The latest info I have:

From ASIC

An ASIC insolvency notice is present on this company
Name LEISURE FREIGHT & IMPORT PTY LTD
ACN 142 865 307
Type Australian Proprietary Company
Class Limited By Shares
Sub Class Proprietary Company
Status Under External Administration And/Or Controller Appointed
ABN 37 142 865 307

In the media:

Leisure Freight and Import case

Thursday, 23 May 2013, 10:59 am
Press Release: Spliethoff Transport B.V. (http://info.scoop.co.nz/Spliethoff_Transport_B.V.)

PRESS RELEASE
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Amsterdam, May 16, 2013 – UPDATED FACT ABOUT “Leisure Freight and Import “case.In the Court Case Spliethoff Transport BV v Leisure Freight and Import Pty Ltd [2013] FCCA 27, the Federal Circuit Court of Australia awarded Spliethoff Transport B.V. with damages in respect of Leisure Freight cancellation of one contract of carriage and Leisure Freight was forced to abandon its cross-claim for alleged damages. Surprisingly the Court somewhat arbitrarily found an implied contractual period of one month for the Carrier to ship yachts and dismissed other two deadfreight counts claimed by the Carrier in the same proceeding despite of the fact that Leisure Freight failed to provide supportive evidence to the Court for their allegation that time was of the essence of the contract.

From Marine Queensland:

An official liquidator has been appointed pursuant to a Winding Up Order by the Supreme Court of NSW on 1st October 2013. There has been no date set for the first meeting of creditors as investigations are still continuing into the Company’s affairs.

ric
24-10-2013, 05:37 PM
a few quotes which i find amusing in this whole saga....

So - no we haven't gone bankrupt - not even close.

Such a sneaky little dark horse bringing the facts to the people..........

I am a bit over the word "bankrupt" in the heading of this post.

my good nature is wearing thin.

I have your email address, identity, street address and whom you work for

I have served a court action on the The Facts

steven22
24-10-2013, 08:03 PM
hi all i have contacted magic trailers about my trailer and it is still in usa and has not been paid for by leisure freight and it is only one that has been made that size since early 2012 so what 2 do now is this fraud or what ? let me no what u think ?

thanks

ric
24-10-2013, 08:13 PM
hi all i have contacted magic trailers about my trailer and it is still in usa and has not been paid for by leisure freight and it is only one that has been made that size since early 2012 so what 2 do now is this fraud or what ? let me no what u think ?

thanks
give me a call tomorrow mate, i got an option for you.

steven22
24-10-2013, 08:18 PM
will do ric

bannana
24-10-2013, 08:56 PM
Sorry guys but liquidators are a slimy mob if you ask me. I was owed 100k by St Hilliers construction and they went into administration and I didn't get zip and now they are trading again.
Walton Constructions went into administration 2 weeks ago and owe 19 million to subbies and suppliers. One month before they went into admin they shifted all there profitable jobs into another company (Peleton Constructions) just established and are still trading as normal only difference is they have written of 19 million in bad debts. It's bullshit. Theres subbies owed 600k and its apparently legal.

What i'm getting at is don't get your hopes up that this woman will go to jail because I have seen far worse and not even a slap on the wrist.

Good luck to all you guys who are owed $$ and thank you for her photo. I will spit on her if I see her.

FisHard
25-10-2013, 06:02 AM
I'm sorry to say that I agree with Banana on this one. Companies/people that know they are going down usually strip the ship to make it worthless. By the time the administrators get their outrageous fees, the bones are clean.
Same as Banana, I've got bitter experience from a situation a couple of years ago. Keep everything in writing with the administrators, any verbal commitments they make to you are worthless (again, learnt that the hard way) .
But... the world works in mysterious ways, and every dog gets his day!
Cheers

lampuki
25-10-2013, 07:24 AM
http://www.linkedin.com/pub/dianne-lyons/47/b03/82a

hainsofast
25-10-2013, 07:41 AM
Sorry guys but liquidators are a slimy mob if you ask me. I was owed 100k by St Hilliers construction and they went into administration and I didn't get zip and now they are trading again.
Walton Constructions went into administration 2 weeks ago and owe 19 million to subbies and suppliers. One month before they went into admin they shifted all there profitable jobs into another company (Peleton Constructions) just established and are still trading as normal only difference is they have written of 19 million in bad debts. It's bullshit. Theres subbies owed 600k and its apparently legal.

What i'm getting at is don't get your hopes up that this woman will go to jail because I have seen far worse and not even a slap on the wrist.

Good luck to all you guys who are owed $$ and thank you for her photo. I will spit on her if I see her. be nice to see that prick newman crack down on this kind of crime as severely as he is on the bikies, o hang on, they are probably all his donors.

JulianDeMarchi
25-10-2013, 08:50 AM
This is interesting... The below details are from another company she runs... Maybe you could go after that company, for which she leads/owns?

http://www.webmechanics.com.au/

Domain Name: webmechanics.com.au
Last Modified: 12-Jan-2012 05:48:13 UTC
Registrar ID: PlanetDomain
Registrar Name: PlanetDomain

Registrant: LYONS, DIANNE BARBARA
Registrant ID: ABN 28808823237
Eligibility Type: Sole Trader
Eligibility Name: Webmechanics

morphias
25-10-2013, 10:21 AM
If you go back through the posts, you will find I have already posted the info on Di's LinkedIn profile and the plethora of other companies, including WebMechanics, that she runs.

Ben.

steven22
25-10-2013, 10:33 AM
haha now i no why she answer 1 phone number it is http://www.webmechanics.com.au/ contact details as well funny that

netmaker
25-10-2013, 10:50 AM
maybe we should all request quotes for websites from her other business. let her spend some time and effort for nothing.

the gecko
25-10-2013, 01:05 PM
This is why you use an ESCROW agent or lawyers trust account for such a transaction. A third party holds the money until the goods are released from the dock.

When you paid for goods upfront without being able to secure title until delivery, then you are 'extending credit' to a business, and must have assessed the risk before doing so. All great with the benefit of hindsight. Sorry if it sounds harsh.

It is so sad to see boat buyers handing over money in advance to companies that are close to insolvent. It happens with local boat builders too, and will continue to happen. Thanks for sharing your story, hopefully someone else can learn from it.

Andrew

Aussie123
25-10-2013, 02:20 PM
Maybe Ausfish should look at removing her listing from the Members Business Directory now that she is bankrupt

ric
25-10-2013, 06:46 PM
Thanks for sharing your story, hopefully someone else can learn from it.

Andrew

That was my main reason for posting.

I would be over the moon if i have prevented at least 1 person from getting caught out.

the gecko
26-10-2013, 05:03 PM
It sounds very similar to tradies losing money to builders who go broke. The building industry solved this problem by bringing in insurance against such losses, and not dealing with those who refused to join the scheme.

The boating industry, and perhaps the caravan industry, could learn a lot from this. Unless the manufacturing industry itself brings in voluntary insurance for its members, customers will continue to extend credit to businesses that hide the fact that they are within days of going under.

Good on you for posting the story.

cheers
Andrew

bannana
26-10-2013, 05:45 PM
It sounds very similar to tradies losing money to builders who go broke. The building industry solved this problem by bringing in insurance against such losses, and not dealing with those who refused to join the scheme.
Good on you for posting the story.

Please explain? I cannot recall anything that helps subbies recover bad debts from builders who go broke. It's definitely not the administrators.

I just found out today that Peleton Builders (the company that just took over from Walton constructions) has also gone into administration on Thursday sending many more subbies to the wall. I know these guys wont be getting jack!!!!!

Not only do these subbies quite often go bankrupt, the Building Services Authority then suspends the subbies license for 5 years for going broke themselves and if it happens again they are banned for life from holding a license or a controlling position in any company involved in the building industry. Thats right they are punished for other peoples actions and loose not only all there hard earned assets but there future livelihood as well.

To top this off the builder who goes bust usually trades himself out of administration by only paying 10% of all his debts and is given his license back to trade while the mass of subbies they send to the wall not only loose there homes, businesses, future income, it also puts a strain on there families with suicide and alike far more common than one would think.

There is no justice for those who use the law to there advantage to steal honest peoples hard earned money. Touchy subject this one as I have been shafted multiple times and to only sit back and watch how immoral pricks use the system to there advantage without a care in the world of the destruction it causes to peoples lives.

Women or men like this should be given a fair trial but if found guilty (trading insolvent... hard to prove, or fraud) of knowingly taking money or asking for services without the intention of delivering a product or payment should be sent straight to jail and all assets acquired seized and given back to the debtors and if there is any money remaining then it should be put into a fund to help aggressively prosecute these types of people.

FisHard
26-10-2013, 06:47 PM
Women or men like this should be given a fair trial but if found guilty (trading insolvent... hard to prove, or fraud) of knowingly taking money or asking for services without the intention of delivering a product or payment should be sent straight to jail and all assets acquired seized and given back to the debtors and if there is any money remaining then it should be put into a fund to help aggressively prosecute these types of people.
Couldn't agree more with this statement. might make a few serial scumbags think before ripping off hard working folk

sleepygreg
27-10-2013, 01:41 AM
Sounds like some of these people should start worrying about being fitted with 'concrete shoes'

the gecko
27-10-2013, 05:30 PM
Sorry, my statement re subbies was badly worded. I was referring to the QBSA and the insurance that covers the buyer of the house, in case the builder goes broke. You are correct, nothing covers the poor subbies. Imagine if the subbie could access the builders credit rating, just like a bank can see ours on Veda Advantage........but thats a different dream.

I do believe that the parallels between the housing industry and boat building industry are valid, and that the boat building industry needs to solve thier own problems, and regulate the dodgy builders out of existence. Real Estate agents are not allowed to join the REIQ unless they can afford professional indemnity insurance. I have a background in credit management, and these problems can be solved, but its going to take someone within the industry with very strong will to do it.

Smithy
30-10-2013, 05:02 PM
Just saw on a mate's Facebook he has his boat in his driveway from this shipment and he had gone through Di. Must be good news. Have not talked to him personally though.

Captain Seaweed
30-10-2013, 07:41 PM
Smithy..she is in liquidation, personally bankrupt. If your mate has his boat he should be on the Moet tonight or he is related to her :x

Everyone else has been burnt mate, all I can think of is that he has paid the shipper direct and not Di. There are some huge investigations that are making some great ground, nothing that can be made public as this site is not the place to advertise it...But....some massive...massive arse kicking coming! and not just for the one in the spot light ;)....nuff said!...I will prepare the popcorn and await!!!!!!

cobiaman
30-10-2013, 07:52 PM
Im suprised this thread hasnt been deleted yet, all the others were......

Captain Seaweed
30-10-2013, 08:01 PM
what do you mean?

cobiaman
30-10-2013, 08:04 PM
what do you mean?

Im not sure why, but everytime somebody says something detrimental about LF&I the thread gets deleted.

Captain Seaweed
30-10-2013, 08:11 PM
yes you do Graeme! Everyone does!!!

cobiaman
30-10-2013, 08:32 PM
Weird isnt it...

Jarrah Jack
30-10-2013, 09:20 PM
At least the thread is still up, thats the main thing Cobes. You going to be a good boy from now on? :)

Ausfish
31-10-2013, 07:49 AM
Im not sure why, but everytime somebody says something detrimental about LF&I the thread gets deleted.

Previous threads have not been deleted. Threads and and individual posts on here have only been locked or deleted due to people making personal threats to people or posting to incite personal threats against people. As long as members keep to the facts and not make threats or incite threats against a person or persons, the thread will never be locked or posts deleted.

Blackened
04-11-2013, 04:13 PM
G'day

Did a quote on a nice boat today at one of the shipyards, very nice older gent. This was the first time he could go aboard his boat as customs only cleared it yesterday, and there's a handful more sitting on the hard awaiting customs clearance. This will happen once $ is paid.

My clients boat is one of 14 in one load that was bought in by LF&I and to say he's a little pissed is a complete understatement. It cost him an extra $75K to take possession.

To make things worse, there was a number of items worth a few thousand $ on his boat that mysteriously vanished whilst in transit.

All I can say is that I feel for you poor buggers.

Dave

Shark Poker
04-11-2013, 04:15 PM
Dave,
Was that one of the row of 3 or 4 cruisers side by side, with the same customs sticker?

Blackened
04-11-2013, 07:33 PM
Dave,
Was that one of the row of 3 or 4 cruisers side by side, with the same customs sticker?

G'day Pauly,

Yep... that lot plus another over the other corner all by itself. Pretty shocking story really.

Dave

Shark Poker
04-11-2013, 07:44 PM
UNBELIEVABLE....
Wondered what a small fleet of large flybridge cruisers was being staged there, with the same funny label on them.
Never saw anything like it before.
But I don't have any clients amongst them, so am happy to take a few pics this week and post them here.

ric
07-11-2013, 05:51 PM
;D
Smithy..she is in liquidation, personally bankrupt. If your mate has his boat he should be on the Moet tonight or he is related to her :x

Everyone else has been burnt mate, all I can think of is that he has paid the shipper direct and not Di. There are some huge investigations that are making some great ground, nothing that can be made public as this site is not the place to advertise it...But....some massive...massive arse kicking coming! and not just for the one in the spot light ;)....nuff said!...I will prepare the popcorn and await!!!!!!

Well...... ;D

baitable
11-11-2013, 05:02 PM
Just catching up with the thread and i though i'd chime in my experience with bankruptcy and businesses - The building company i used to work for went into administration and I as an employee have lost my super -it doesnt seem likely i will ever get this back. Yes, administrators usually get first chunk of the pie, they will liquidate all business assets and distribute to major debtors first (including themselves). As there is usually any tangible equity or assets held there is rarely anything left over for us smaller debtors. From what i know -it seems futile to chase the director as they have most likely moved all assets elsewhere prior to the business going bust. I hate to say it, but it seems like you have a very expensive life lesson learnt. I feel sorry for you but in all honesty, dont sink any more $'s and put them towards a new trailer. I wish you all the best with the outcome and I hope i'm wrong for your sake...

Shark Poker
11-11-2013, 06:12 PM
G'day Pauly,

Yep... that lot plus another over the other corner all by itself. Pretty shocking story really.

Dave

So here is a photo taken this afternoon, of 3 of the imported craft that are being held at the boat yard. From what we understand they are only 3 of several boats paid for by LFI clients, who are not able to take ownership of what they have paid for.
They are sitting there, presumably building up an increasing storage fee.

cobiaman
11-11-2013, 06:20 PM
She's a scumbag, hopefully she gets what she deserves....

ric
11-11-2013, 08:28 PM
She's a scumbag, hopefully she gets what she deserves....

I don't know where she is now. Went to her house again the other day and it looks abandoned. I thought i might see a for sale sign and take a snap shot but no such luck. I would love to catch up with her and give her an opportunity to give me a refund.....

The lawyers and liquidators read these posts, but so far a bit over half of the cargo has been 'paid for twice' now by their owners and released. Mine is a a bit more difficult for release, but i will have the last bits of info posted up over the next couple of days.

cheers

ric
11-11-2013, 08:30 PM
So here is a photo taken this afternoon,

mate, your time could be better spent helping me sand down the bumps and ripples on my boat!! :)

Shark Poker
11-11-2013, 08:46 PM
mate, your time could be better spent helping me sand down the bumps and ripples on my boat!! :)

Well for the purpose of my post today I was actually supporting Blackened...

ric
29-11-2013, 12:01 PM
They came back with a final offer for release and after doing the sums I've decided not to go ahead with it. Trailer will go to auction (customs) probably April/may.

Aussie123
29-11-2013, 03:30 PM
Throw an offer of a few grand at them and see what they say.