PDA

View Full Version : Bluefin Warrior

sid_fishes
30-09-2013, 10:04 AM
guys , i,m just after some info on a bluefin warrior
Its a 2007 model with a suzuki 50 4 st with 100 hrs.
what are these boats like apart from being a bit wet which is like most open tinnies
would the 50 be a good match-up for it
and
what should i expect to pay for said boat

thanks for time and thoughts

Ian

burleygu
30-09-2013, 01:09 PM
From memory the warrior is a 4.5 mtr boat? I had a Bluefin 4.75 Viking same hull as the warriors and wranglers just without the fancy options and paint. I had a 60 four stroke yammy on mine which was great, I think the 50 should be fine providing the boat isn't loaded up to much I think with that motor you would get around 55klm/hr top speed at a guess. Great riding hulls I did many trips to moreton in mine on very average days handles the mess great as you said tho they are wet in a cross wind

bluefin59
30-09-2013, 02:14 PM
Mine is the predator the same boat but with a console and mine has a60hp but a 50 would be fine in my opinion ,a mate of mine has the warrior with a 50 hp suzi and he loves it and it's more than enough . As far as what they are worth I wouldn't know but they are a lot of boat for a 4.5 mt tinnie 😀😀😀😀Matt

Schulzy
30-09-2013, 02:17 PM
Good boats just really wet!!! Mates got one s/c 60 Suzuki good on a nice day

bluefin59
30-09-2013, 02:34 PM
I heard the wet story before and I'll tell you they certainly aren't any wetter than any other open tinnie and usually in my experience it's lack of driver skill that causes it , in the hands of someone who knows what they are doing they certainly are NOT any wetter than any other open tinnie . But then again what would I know having owned this boat for 9 yrs and done nearly 900 hrs and the other 3 tinnies I have owned and the dozens I've been in over the last 20 + years of boating, WET boat !!! Go and get hold of an old Clark now that's a wet boat ....😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁Matt

Schulzy
30-09-2013, 04:21 PM
Just saying in my opinion they are too wet I have an old quinny cc 4.3 m 73 model and it's good. not a side console but I'd rather be in it then my mates barracuda that's for sure. The blue fins are a good creek/bay boat in there class

BLOOEY
30-09-2013, 04:22 PM
I have a 2002 Warrior 4.5 but with a centre console and 60hp 4 stroke. Used to have a 40 hp 2 stroke which did the job but recently repowered. Had it since new and it serves me well everywhere from offshore to tiny creeks and dams. Can't see myself getting rid of it ever in fact. Ben

bluefin59
30-09-2013, 04:31 PM
Just saying in my opinion they are too wet I have an old quinny cc 4.3 m 73 model and it's good. not a side console but I'd rather be in it then my mates barracuda that's for sure. The blue fins are a good creek/bay boat in there class

Garbage I guess you are one of the blokes who believe etecs fall to pieces and al quintrex boats crack 😏😏😏get real world experience and see how many come up on the second hand market ( not a lot) . I personally have known half a dozen blokes who own them or have and usually those that sell them move to a more upmarket boat . It's actually a bit of a joke between bluefin owners how wet they are ( not) .... Matt

Schulzy
30-09-2013, 04:51 PM
Each to there own bro good luck with it just giving the bloke some advice at least I've been in one to give him an honest opinion

doctorbob
30-09-2013, 05:16 PM
Ooh getting interesting, what's wetter or drier
Bluefin or millennium hull??. Havnt been in a bluefin but have a very
Dry millennium hull quinny

davo
30-09-2013, 05:16 PM
Very wet. My brother in law has the 4.5 Predator. It's like a cold saltwater shower when you go out. Good strong boat but terrible to fish in. Too blunt in the nose.

Muddy Toes
30-09-2013, 05:32 PM
Ooh getting interesting, what's wetter or drier
Bluefin or millennium hull??. Havnt been in a bluefin but have a very
Dry millennium hull quinny

Millennium hull!!!

wayno60
30-09-2013, 07:01 PM
Ian this is from a few years ago....

Up for sale is my 2007 bluefin warrior........60HP 4strk tiller steer yammie.

On trailer all in v/good condition approx 400hrs use proberbly less........serviced every 50hrs with genuine yamalube products.
New floor with tube matting,
Underfloor 60ltr fuel,
pedastal seats fitted with spigots,
New battery
Colour chartplotter/sounder combo and stand alone colour sounder.(all Garmin)
Near new L/truck tyres including spare.
trailer lanolined from new so no rust,also customised with full keel rollers and custom poly tube skids so it tows silent on dirt roads and properly supports the boat.
LED nav lights
3MM plate sides..3MM Bottom......3MM side decks.....3MM transom.
Fully ribbed and welded bulkheads
Bimini
stainless rod holders
OCA outboard cover and splash cover
Bearing buddys
New trailer rego, LED trailer lights
Switch panel/6 gang
Anchor/rope/life jackets/flares/paddles

This boat gets from daly river ramp to Palmerston island and back on 50-55 ltrs @25knts cruising and will do 31knts at full speed...Great boat to fish out of very stable and very well built.
Any mechanical test welcome.
Asking $17,000.

Dan5
30-09-2013, 07:37 PM
Ian this is from a few years ago....

Up for sale is my 2007 bluefin warrior........60HP 4strk tiller steer yammie.

On trailer all in v/good condition approx 400hrs use proberbly less........serviced every 50hrs with genuine yamalube products.
New floor with tube matting,
Underfloor 60ltr fuel,
pedastal seats fitted with spigots,
New battery
Colour chartplotter/sounder combo and stand alone colour sounder.(all Garmin)
Near new L/truck tyres including spare.
trailer lanolined from new so no rust,also customised with full keel rollers and custom poly tube skids so it tows silent on dirt roads and properly supports the boat.
LED nav lights
3MM plate sides..3MM Bottom......3MM side decks.....3MM transom.
Fully ribbed and welded bulkheads
Bimini
stainless rod holders
OCA outboard cover and splash cover
Bearing buddys
New trailer rego, LED trailer lights
Switch panel/6 gang
Anchor/rope/life jackets/flares/paddles

This boat gets from daly river ramp to Palmerston island and back on 50-55 ltrs @25knts cruising and will do 31knts at full speed...Great boat to fish out of very stable and very well built.
Any mechanical test welcome.
Asking $17,000.

And that's how much I got for it..........bit of a Bargain at the time but the new boat was on it's way.

Mike Delisser
30-09-2013, 08:21 PM
Mate a few years ago I bought a 2006 Blufin 435 Wildcat (cut down Warrior hull) with a 60 4 st Merc, Wireless MinnKota, and Sounder for 14k. But it was a real buyers market back then. I could be way off but I recon yours should be 13 to 15 depending the condition and what comes with it.
BTW, over the years I've also owned boats from Stessl, Quintrex, Stacer, and Sea Jay, and I can say without a shadow of doubt the Bluefin is the best boat I've ever owned.

kaspa2009
01-10-2013, 12:05 PM
I heard the wet story before and I'll tell you they certainly aren't any wetter than any other open tinnie and usually in my experience it's lack of driver skill that causes it , in the hands of someone who knows what they are doing they certainly are NOT any wetter than any other open tinnie . But then again what would I know having owned this boat for 9 yrs and done nearly 900 hrs and the other 3 tinnies I have owned and the dozens I've been in over the last 20 + years of boating, WET boat !!! Go and get hold of an old Clark now that's a wet boat ....����������������Matt

I've got a clark boat and I agree they are wet as hell but still top boats.

Richo1
01-10-2013, 04:08 PM
Nothing wrong with the Clark Pursuit, mine is fine, no wetter than any other tinny.

mojoe1
01-10-2013, 05:17 PM
gday sid i have a 2008 warrior with a 60 4/stroke yam had since new its a great set up for me but its horses for courses it can be wet for sure how much than any other who knows. 50 on the back should not be any real problem price wise without seeing it and from what ive see (gumtree boatsonline) 15 upto 20 depends on what sort of gear is in it hope that helps.

davo
01-10-2013, 05:21 PM
I think you mean the old original Abalone. I used to own an old 16 ft Clark Abalone and also fished a lot out of a 14 ft version. They are wet , yes very wet but I actually think the brother in law's 4.5 M Predator is actually worse. I even bought some cheap reels for fishing in his boat as my gear was drenched and I mean drenched every time we went out. Boats like the newer Clark's, Aquamasters, Tabs are way better hull designs. The worst Bluefin I have been in was the 5.2 Bowrider. Wide flat and blunt equals a hard wet ride. The bloke who bought it came out with me in my little Fisher and sold it within the month. They could be excellent due to build quality and strength but let down badly by a hull design.

kaspa2009
02-10-2013, 07:32 AM
I've got a clark boat and I agree they are wet as hell but still top boats.

Agree no wetter than any other boat, after all they are all tinnies.

BLOOEY
02-10-2013, 12:06 PM
Glad to see you agree with yourself kaspa2009. Hahaha Ben

BLOOEY
02-10-2013, 12:07 PM
I have a 2002 Warrior 4.5 but with a centre console and 60hp 4 stroke. Used to have a 40 hp 2 stroke which did the job but recently repowered. Had it since new and it serves me well everywhere from offshore to tiny creeks and dams. Can't see myself getting rid of it ever in fact. Ben

I wouldn't get rid of mine either mate, haha. Ben

bobbyb
02-10-2013, 04:22 PM
went across to moreton with a mate in his baracudda yam 60 4 stroke. bang, bucket of water in face, bang, bucket of water in face, bang, bucket of water in face, ect, ect . all the way across. not happy at all.

don't know if it was the flogging I got or a dodgy sausage roll and ice coffee from the servo butt I end up spewing all over the place and just wanted out, never again.

but as others have said, not bad creek boat.