PDA

View Full Version : Bill Corten offshore fishing course info plz

GreekBoi
26-09-2013, 08:42 AM
So I've seen his ad in bush n beach for a while now for the offshore fishing course and the crossing the bar course.

Just wanting to know has anyone done the offshore fishing course and if it was any good also how much it cost.

As I've never been offshore apart from a charter which failed a few years ago and one time offshore kayak fishing.. It would be nice to learn some new things as I got a friend that bought a good boat for offshore work and has a good garmin fishfinder/gps, I'm a geek in IT and pretty good fish figuring out fish finders but only used them in the bay.

Jakers 69
26-09-2013, 04:01 PM
Around $ 450.
Phone Bill, he is a very good bloke. He is currently away on a road trip.

Moonlighter
26-09-2013, 04:59 PM
Did it a few years ago. Brilliant. Well worth it!

Lucky_Phill
26-09-2013, 06:41 PM
Bill is on an extended road trip with family.

I have yet to find anyone that has done his " Bar Crossing " or " Offshore Fishing " courses, say a bad thing.

He is a gentleman and knows his stuff.

LP

Jsmfun
11-11-2013, 08:40 PM
Did the bar crossing course about 2 years ago great course he throws you in the deep end and guides you to the shallow end well worth the $500 since I was just starting off shore fishing opened my eye's up

JEWIENEWIE
14-11-2013, 11:57 AM
From what i here he is a fountain of useful, practical and maybe life saving info and he is only to happy to share his wealth of knowledge and experience to all those who do his course.
JN

Redspeckle
14-11-2013, 04:44 PM
Bill is very good aren't no cowboy there when comes too being out on the water
Done my course with him over ten years ago still used some of the things got taught from both courses bar crossing and fishing today gives you the confidence in boating skills
worth every cent :)

Mitch