PDA

View Full Version : Yamaha 2003 model F100AETX

Angryant
25-09-2013, 05:29 PM
I'm thinking of upgrading to a 115 HP but talking to some dealers they are giving me "ball park" figures for my F100 that are pretty low.

So, for the people with a wealth of wisdom and knowledge; what "ball park" figure do you think it is worth? Should I trade or try to sell privately?

It is a 2003 4 stroke with 247 hours on it. Always been serviced since I've had it (thanks Garry), and it is in good condition with the exception of some fading on the cowl.

Any input would be great.

Angry

rodneyk
25-09-2013, 06:20 PM
Hi Angry would think that would sell pretty easily private seeing there was one at stones corner for $9000 with more hrs I think leave it on boat advertise it and you can show ppl how it goes for fair dinkum buyers not everyone wants to spend 13000 on new motor pretty easy to disconnect and unbolt . Also you will buy better if you don't trade as they just want to nick them if they can cheers Rod

Angryant
26-09-2013, 06:44 AM
Hi Angry would think that would sell pretty easily private seeing there was one at stones corner for $9000 with more hrs I think leave it on boat advertise it and you can show ppl how it goes for fair dinkum buyers not everyone wants to spend 13000 on new motor pretty easy to disconnect and unbolt . Also you will buy better if you don't trade as they just want to nick them if they can cheers Rod

So, selling it privately I'm guessing between $6K and $7K would be a reasonable expectation?

cormorant
26-09-2013, 08:26 AM
Just thoughts
That motor is known as a strong performer. You may have already done this but Do the research on the 115 you are think of as you may only get a small incremental gain depending on your boat. Check out the performance of a sistership with your preferred 115hp motor to see what the gain is as it won't be cheap and at 250 hours yours is brand new and will be reliable for years. Get a couple of extra hp and run premium fuels and get Garry to double check your set up is perfect and prop edges are perfect. Not sure if 115 is max hp for your hull but worth investigating step up if you want real performance gain and may add value to your boat if you later sell it as motor will not have worked hard?

Very popular motor size so don't think you'll have a issue with selling it but just the inconvenience of dealing with idiots and getting timing of sale right. Hardest thing will be trying to convince people you are telling the truth it has so few genuine hours as there are so many frauds out there but service records / receipts and compression tests and on water run will nail it..

davo
26-09-2013, 09:48 AM
I was talking to to a guide and they said that the difference between the 100HP and the 115 Hp is not that much. The only variation would if yours is carby and obviously the new one EFI. I'm going to sell my motor privately when the time comes. There is no need to trade a boat. I have alway sold privately and done much better.

timddo
26-09-2013, 11:28 AM
A motor sold privately has no warranty what so ever. A motor sold through a dealer would have a minimum 30 day's warranty. The main reason people upgrade their motors is reliability.

Matt76
26-09-2013, 08:35 PM
That motor will sell easily on gumtree/eBay mate. I reckon you could expect 6k no worries at all.

Angryant
26-09-2013, 09:31 PM
Thanks for the advice/comments - much appreciated.
Any further comments would be greatly received.
Angry

Angryant
26-09-2013, 09:36 PM
A motor sold privately has no warranty what so ever. A motor sold through a dealer would have a minimum 30 day's warranty. The main reason people upgrade their motors is reliability.

You are absolutely correct Tim, that's why a dealer will offer me around $3K (quoted yesterday) and a private sale will return $6K because a dealer will sell my motor for $8 - $9K.

cormorant
26-09-2013, 10:25 PM
That is just the first sucker offer ( well I hope it is) . What really matters is the fitted changeover price. Dealers have to make money but no need to get the vaso out.

rodneyk
27-09-2013, 04:20 PM
You are absolutely correct Tim, that's why a dealer will offer me around $3K (quoted yesterday) and a private sale will return $6K because a dealer will sell
my motor for $8 - $9K.
I know things are a bit quiet out there but 3k that's rubbish cormorant right about changover but doesn't look like you would get them up much . 7k is a bit more than half price of new would try for that and see what happens . Also proper service and it should go another 5 yrs I would think Cheers Rod

Luke G
28-09-2013, 11:40 AM
Put it up on gumtree for 7K, Low hours 4 strokes are always going to sell quick.