PDA

View Full Version : Smart craft gauge problem. low fuel and oil.

mitch_wahoo
22-09-2013, 07:57 PM
Hey ausfishers.

I have a 09 135 optimax with smartcraft gauges. The problem is the fuel and oil gauges are sometimes reading properly and other times reading no fuel and low oil. Fuel tank is full 135L and oil bottle has 6L in it.

If I turn the key on in the boat the smartcraft fuel gauge reads empty. Then If I go through and calibrate it, the fuel level and percentage starts to rise but then starts to drop back to nothing.

And the oil level is only reading 2.3L when there is 6L in the resivoir.

But when I start travelling in the boat both fuel level and oil level start to rise to the correct amount.

Any ideas??

Cheers, Mitch.

mitch_wahoo
23-09-2013, 08:14 AM
Think I found the problem. The oil is reading ok but it is reading a lower level than what is actually in the resivoir. For example there is 8L in the resivoir and it is only reading between 5 and 6L so I think the float isn't floating enough. I took it out and it reads down to zero and up to full when the float is moved up and down.

With the fuel gauge it was reading zero. I wiggled the wires on the sender in the tank and it started reading strait away. So I guess the sender is faulty.