PDA

View Full Version : Brissy river night fishing

mattttty
18-09-2013, 07:32 PM
Hey im going for my first night session prob around the port on Friday night just wondering how well plastics and hard bodies go at night time any certain colours I should use any tips appreciated cheers

Sent from my GT-N7105T using Tapatalk 4

Sheik
18-09-2013, 09:24 PM
I know some feckin big ships go pretty well up and down the port so be very, very careful and stay out of their way. I think they tend to cavitate a litttle when they turn so they tend to sail like Jonah used to sidestep ie not very much.

mattttty
18-09-2013, 10:04 PM
Hey yeah ill be on the look out cheers been fishing the river for a couple of years just never at night so ill see how I go cheers

Richo1
18-09-2013, 10:38 PM
Have had some of my best lure fishing sessions ever, on plastics and hard bodies in the Brissie river at night. Once you find the fish hang on for some great action. Generally light colors eg. Mann's grey ghost seem to be the go but all depends on the night. Find the bait and get as close as possible to it with your lures/plastics - 2 to 5 inch sizes is what we usually use.
10+ Jew/Thready's in a session is not uncommon on a good night, just got to find a good night :)

Mike Delisser
18-09-2013, 11:52 PM
As above, 7 inch white Gulps for me though.

WalrusLike
19-09-2013, 07:50 AM
Are the Brissy River fish for eating? When I was a kid they used to say the fish could be magnetised they had so many heavy metals in them.

But there has been decades of improvements since those days.

So if I ever catch one can I eat it?

(Using Tapatalk on iPhone so can't easily 'thank' or 'like')

PeterKroll
19-09-2013, 08:42 AM
I used to fish the sunken wall at Pinkenba for bream a lot. My take was that the mouth of the river was refreshed with each tide. I ate everything, as did my family. No ill effects (apart from the extra eye and a slight glow.). Should be fine, I reckon.

mattttty
19-09-2013, 09:41 AM
Cheers guys thanks for the info if I have a good night ill throw up some pics