PDA

View Full Version : Fishing Mullumbimby... Is it any good?

lukhaus
17-09-2013, 09:23 PM
After careful deliberation over Google Maps the upper reaches of the Brunswick river look decidedly fishy? According to Byron Shire Council there is a boat ramp @ Heritage Park in Mullumbimby. Has anyone used this ramp before? The area downstream of Mullumbimby looks spectacular. Is it possible to put the boat in at Brunswick and trek upstream or would it be more viable to put the boat in at Mullumbimby to access this stretch of the Brunswick? Any advice or points in the right direction are warmly appreciated.

Cheers.

JEWIENEWIE
18-09-2013, 08:19 AM
Lukhaus, I have put the boat in at Bruns and gone up stream to Mullum a few times. I reckon its the better option as plenty of fishy places along the way worth having a crack at. The first time i went up there i got stuck into some Trevally which really suprised me but also have encountered Jacks, Jewies in the deeper holes and bream around the oyster beds. Very well worth doing mate....I wouldnt count on the boat ramp at heritage park without having a look first. Dont know of anyone that uses that ramp and the last time i saw it it was stuffed but that was a long time ago....If you are dead set keen on using it, i go up there for work a bit and can have a bo peep at it next time for ya.
JN

lukhaus
18-09-2013, 11:18 AM
Thanks Jewie. Just the advice i needed to get me started :thumbsup:
Do you have any idea how far it is up the system to Mullum or how long it will take to get up that way from Brunswick?

JEWIENEWIE
18-09-2013, 11:56 AM
I normally take all day mate piss farting around, stoping so the kids can get out on the bank and do there thing. Once a year they hold the Mullum to Bruns paddle board race where you can paddle a ski, stand up surfboard etc etc and that takes about half a day so you would piss it in in a hour or two if not stopping i would pressume, its been a while since i have done it.....Chuck a couple of pots in to mate and pick up on the way back...........
JN

lukhaus
18-09-2013, 03:33 PM
Perfect. Thanks JN!

sandbankmagnet
18-09-2013, 10:45 PM
I've heard the Mullumbimby heads are good. Is this a fishing spot?

chillout
19-09-2013, 12:15 AM
Lukhaus
It will take you about an hour from Brunswick as it's 8 Knots all the way from Kings ck up to Mullum'. Just make sure you stay to the very right as you pass under the old railway bridge there's a nasty rock shelf there otherwise.
There's some good bass fishing at times up at Mullum' but there's lots of good areas for other species also on the way up.
Cheers,
Keith

lukhaus
19-09-2013, 07:11 AM
Sweet thanks for the heads up about the rockbar Chillout. The whole idea is of heading up that way was to chase Bass so it's good to hear that! Thanks again :thumbsup:

manta man
19-09-2013, 11:10 AM
Bit of "Madness" up that way