PDA

View Full Version : arvor what do yas think of them?

conco46
17-09-2013, 07:44 PM
http://www.boatsales.com.au/boats-for-sale/boatdetails.aspx?R=14928418&Silo=Stock&Vertical=Boat&Ridx=3&eapi=2

the more vids I watch the more reviews I read and the more I keep hearing about these arvors and quickslivers arvors the more I like them.
they have a top rep in ruff seas, great inclosed cab, lots of fishing room & a good bed.
I realy like them a lot .
I know the arvro arnt fast that's why they brought the quicksilver in

so just putting my feelers out there what anyone eles thinks, or have anyone here owned 1 or get to use 1?

so far I have dropped my budget down to around $45k so I can add a heap of extras.
the 2 boats I like for that money is the 1 above that I have mentioned and this 1
http://www.boatsales.com.au/boats-for-sale/boatdetails.aspx?R=15419322&Silo=Stock&Vertical=Boat&Ridx=4&eapi=2

I know a lot of you will rather the second boat but is it because a lot of people arnt to farmilar with the arvro

cheer

Shark Poker
17-09-2013, 07:55 PM
This is going to be interesting.....

Camhawk88
17-09-2013, 07:58 PM
It would depend on your fishing style and how far you travel (and how quick you want to get there) and in what seas. But I like the look of the Arvor, especially the economy and comfort.

captain red beard
17-09-2013, 08:03 PM
I like the idea of the shaft drive diesel but if I was going to go that slow I would want a much bigger boat.
A mate of mine has a mustang 2150 and it bangs alto and is a extremely wet boat ,not sure how the 2000 compares.

Just my 2 cents

stevemid
17-09-2013, 08:04 PM
http://www.boatsales.com.au/boats-for-sale/boatdetails.aspx?R=14928418&Silo=Stock&Vertical=Boat&Ridx=3&eapi=2

the more vids I watch the more reviews I read and the more I keep hearing about these arvors and quickslivers arvors the more I like them.
cheer

No experience with them but this is the boat that got me thinking about giving away the sailboat and taking on a fishing boat. Seems a lot of boat for the money, I think they were around 85K when they first came out but quickly went up over $100. The 85HP inboard diesel should run forever. Time went by and eventually I decided to build, but I'll have a hell of a lot more than 45K in it before I'm done.

Steve

Crunchy
17-09-2013, 08:13 PM
I remember a bloke on here had one and he used to like it so might be worth a search. Good retiree boat....I.e. all the time in the world to get from A to B.

Sheik
17-09-2013, 08:30 PM
They seem quite good, I liked the look of them but they don't really plane so much as ... whatever something does that doesn't plane. The smaller diesels are a little small. The series 2 is a big improvment on series 1 throughmotor sizeand a few other things I can't remember.
They are very hot with very little air getting through the cabin. Great cockpit. Would like one with a 150horse diesel inboard. that would be interesting...

oldie
17-09-2013, 08:33 PM
I like the arvors, 17knots is about 31km/h thats not slow at sea its all good and locally around tweed will get you where you need to easily and economically i'd own one

sea-rash
17-09-2013, 10:31 PM
Having spent time at sea in one my comments are as follows.

1. Very seaworthy
2. Very slow- 17-18 knots in a normal load is bs unless you are happy to flog it.
3. Ride is not that good. Run any 20 ft bat at 13-14 knots which is on/off plane it wii ride okay.
4.ergonomics for SE QLD are an embarrassment, no seating or ventilation.

Steber 22 looks a lot better. Would rather pay the fuel bill of other boats as is the cheapest part of owning a boat or car.

Rob

Crunchy
17-09-2013, 10:34 PM
Comments from member "ARVOR" from a few years ago...

and for iceknight here are the good and the bad.the goods are.seakeeping no1.with the 300 kgs of motor down low in the bilge its a nice bit of ballast.fuel consumption.we troll at differant speeds 12 to 13 to get out to the 10 mile then back to 3 to 7 at the grounds and for a 8 hour session its about 40 litres.sevice i do my own and for the 100 hour its 110 dollars and about and hour to do .the 200 hour is another 20 bucks for o rings in the heat exchanger.fishabillity.large deck.uncluttered.no outboard to fight over.now the bads.speed isnt its thing 18 knots at best with a clean hull and 1 on board.4 blokes on and we will be down to 10 to 12.cabin gets very hot in summer.thinking of running a small truck air cond into cabin but thats down the track.launching from trailer.you need a extention bar to get deep to drive off and on.

MyWay
17-09-2013, 11:08 PM
I would get 200 blue water
I got one with 200hp on back
it is very very fast and good riding boat

seashawgal
17-09-2013, 11:37 PM
I boarded a 2nd hand one at John Crawford Marine some months ago. The diesel smell in the cabin was noticeable and as people say they are hot and enclosed which is not great for a lot of Aussie conditions. They are pretty big but I guess it's all relative.
I met some people at the Santuary cove boat show who were wrapt in them for a comfy weekender and they were going to buy a new one.
Overall they are good for what they are.

conco46
18-09-2013, 11:17 AM
some great points there thanks.
also if speed is an issue I can get the quicksilver arvor with a 150 four stroke merc

but I am leaning to the mustang I think its more family friendly for weekends and overnight stay, a bit quicker for tube and wakeboarding.
but still looks to be a very capable offshore marine
finally my mind is getting clear on what I want. thanks to a lot of ausfish member's, thanks all

barney1979
19-09-2013, 04:34 PM
i was at john crawford the other week and had a look at both the arvor and the mustang. I've never been in an arvor on the water but boy oh boy was it smoking hot in the cab around lunch time, not a boat for queensland climate in my opinion. Also the mustang i found to be overpriced. the whole boat was badly sun damaged (gel coat faded, outboard cowling stickers peeling off and faded), generally the boat appeared to have been not very well looked after.

for around 45k i'd go for this one instead

http://www.boatsales.com.au/boats-for-sale/boatdetails.aspx?R=15412845&Silo=Stock&Vertical=Boat&Ridx=1&eapi=2

its been sitting in their yard for a few months now so you may pick it up for a few thousand cheaper.

i have noticed a few other Tournament 2000 bluewaters for sale in much better condition for around 45k, but that was the only one i could find.

conco46
22-09-2013, 11:39 AM
i was at john crawford the other week and had a look at both the arvor and the mustang. I've never been in an arvor on the water but boy oh boy was it smoking hot in the cab around lunch time, not a boat for queensland climate in my opinion. Also the mustang i found to be overpriced. the whole boat was badly sun damaged (gel coat faded, outboard cowling stickers peeling off and faded), generally the boat appeared to have been not very well looked after.

http://www.boatsales.com.au/boats-for-sale/boatdetails.aspx?R=15412845&Silo=Stock&Vertical=Boat&Ridx=1&eapi=2

its been sitting in their yard for a few months now so you may pick it up for a few thousand cheaper.

i have noticed a few other Tournament 2000 bluewaters for sale in much better condition for around 45k, but that was the only one i could find.

mate cheers for that
I think your right about the arvor I jumped in 1 at power boats and it was real hot and bed was too small, so that made up my mind too.
thanks for letting me know about the mustang, im trying too find something real neat tidy and look after
that blue water looks nice, thanks for your help

Camhawk88
23-09-2013, 09:06 AM

Nice looking rig but what the hell were they thinking with the Sounder placement- right behind the wheel. That would get real old real quick for me. Good bargaining point that one.

catfish55
29-01-2014, 06:44 PM
I had an arvor 20 based in manly brisbane ,had an icebox over the motor hatch.
i used this boat a lot 600 hrs a year, went outside a bit handled the bar good , picked the weather , had enough fuel to circumnavigate morton in case weather turned real bad,
it is slower than a speed boat Although , I'd do 16 knots all day every day , doesn't mater about the weather used it a lot by myself
in hind site if I was getting another it,d be a 23 ft bunks in the 20 footer are useless really
pat

conco46
01-02-2014, 06:36 PM
Cheers pat the 23ft looks like the pik & got a bit more horse power too
Was the desiel engine fumie
Catfish55

Sent from my GT-I9195T using Tapatalk