PDA

View Full Version : Caribbean ????

PROS
16-09-2013, 09:08 PM
Hi All,

Below is new to me 20ft Caribbean that I purchased couple of months ago, 2st 130hp yamaha 160hrs.
Cruses at 45kmh at 4100rpm in calm weather. 5800rpm max rev at 78kmh.
200lts fuel tank, burning around 25 lth at cruise

Been out four times so far, she has been a great boat for what I need, loving it.

I have a limited information about this boat, if you could please advise any info for below questions,

- Hull name; Crusader is the only one that I can find from my research so far that looks similar. It seems to me that all Crusaders are inboards???
- Hull year: assuming 80's boat but not sure exact year.

I cant find any id plate anywhere on the boat, might be taken off during the reno by previous owner.

Few things that I plan for the boat in coming months are; her new name sticker, windlass, rocket launcher over the hardtop and s/s bait board. I will be glad to hear any suggestions on these items.

Couple of things need to be fixed; wonky front rail, there is a yamaha fuel gauge that always showing full, yamaha speed/trip digital reader is showing incorrectly low numbers.

Many thanks for your help.

Max

ozynorts
17-09-2013, 06:51 AM
Definitely looks like a Crusader. According to Jeff Webster they were available with inboard, single and twin outboard config. The thing is though the Crusader is 23ft or 7.01m. Have you measured the length? The 20ft boat of that era was the Reef Runner.
Have you tried contacting Caribbean and trying to get info from them?
Here is a thread about them on here.
http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/showthread.php?192844-New-Project-Caribbean-Crusader
I know there are a couple of members on here with Crusaders so they may be able to help.

Crocodile
17-09-2013, 07:52 AM
Hello Pros,

I think that boat is a Seafarer dating from the 70's, Vedette?
I had a family member who had a runabout with a 307 Chev with Keller jet.
Big runabouts with hardtops were popular then.
http://www.boatpoint.com.au/boats-for-sale/boatdetails.aspx?R=15524673&Silo=Stock&Vertical=Boat&Ridx=16&eapi=2

Note crease in topsides aft, external chine, strakes match.

Reef Runners had a low cabin with small windows, smooth topsides, and the chine rose more towards the bow.

aussiebasser
17-09-2013, 08:15 AM
The Reef Runner was 21', the Crusader was 23'. Both were normally sold as Stern Drives. Dad had a Reef Runner in '74. Your boat is neither.

aussiebasser
17-09-2013, 08:21 AM
See if you can find anything on a Carribean, or Pride President. (The Pride President and Carribean Reef Runner may be the same boat though, I'm getting old and my memory is gone.)

Fed
17-09-2013, 09:11 AM
Definitely a Caribbean, send some pictures to International Marine I bet they can help you out.
Commodore size hull (20.5') or the next size down with a runabout deck style deck like a Belmont fitted then a factory hardtop?

I called International Marine once trying to find out some background on a boat I bought, they were super helpful and faxed the full factory build specs to me.

aussiebasser
17-09-2013, 11:47 AM
There are good pics of a Crusader here:
http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/showthread.php?192844-New-Project-Caribbean-Crusader
and this is dad's old Reef Runner.

BGG
20-09-2013, 06:53 AM
In the late 70s, Caribbean made a 20' runabout called the Adventurer. It was 20'1" in length and had a 7'10.5" beam. See if these measurements fit.