PDA

View Full Version : Bloke that lost his boat near Mud Island today

MacDougall
15-09-2013, 06:06 PM
Just saw it on Nine News. Did anyone know the fella? Any donation funds?

Angryant
15-09-2013, 07:30 PM
Just to clarify, it was moored at Coochiemudlo Island.

MacDougall
15-09-2013, 10:18 PM
Yeah 66 year old fella lived on it. Caught fire. Lost everything. Figured some people on here would know about it/know him. Wouldn't mind donating if I could but there is no info online about it that I can find.

PeterKroll
15-09-2013, 10:31 PM
Yes, I know him. His name is Brian, lived on the boat, moored it just off Coochie. It's a real bitch, he just had it slipped and did up the hull. He has a good mate who lives on Coochie, I'll have a word to him about what help might be needed. Don't know about insurance. I'm told that he went to hospital, had a few burns, but I have no other details.

PeterKroll
16-09-2013, 12:42 PM
Yeah, it was Brian's boat. He did get burns. You can just see the superstructure of his boat near the jetty. Channel 9 is on the island today, so the rumour is that they will run a report on it tonight. They will run details for donations. Otherwise the details are on the Coochiemudlo Island Facebook page, including bank details.

Brian is a lovely bloke, and he had literally lost everything. I'm told there is no insurance. I like that the first comments that I saw were asking how they can help. Bloody wonderful.

Still_Dreamin
16-09-2013, 06:31 PM
Just saw it posted on my FB page. Coochie boat hire are organising. If I knew how to put a link I would. Wonder if he had a fire extinguisher? Maybe Satnav will have some advice for him

Argle
17-09-2013, 12:25 PM
According to the news report I saw he used up his extinguisher then a charter boat tried to assist with another extinguisher but the flames had taken hold and he had to abandon ship which is when he slipped and knocked his head.

Poor bugger hope he can get back on the water sooner rather than later

Cheers

solemandownunder
26-09-2013, 06:48 PM
Was in at Boating & RV Capalaba today. Spoke to Aaron...apparently Brian has been offered TWO boats free of charge from concerned local residents, one being a sailboat...( the OFFER that is, NOT the resident)....just for smartarses like muddy etc, fore anyone gets a march :P;D

Great to see some of the ones that can help...doing so.

Boating & RV has also pledged to help wherever they can. And of course there is the petition run over on Coochie on Brians' behalf.

The OZ spirit of Mateship is still alive....thank God.

Cheers, Ray.