PDA

View Full Version : scarborough harbour access this week end

Hossfish
14-09-2013, 09:54 AM
Good morning ladies and gents.

I was just wondering If anyone had any information or a web site I could look at to check access to the Scarborough Marina this weekend in regards to the off shore power boat situation.

I rang the Moreton bay boat club and they suggested access may be restricted at times during the day even via the public ramps. Just wanting to go over to Moreton island for the day.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Safe boating to all

Cheers Greg

Luc
14-09-2013, 10:03 AM
You could try the Redcliffe Coastgard.

Bazzawookooka
14-09-2013, 10:09 AM
Just put in at Clontarf, the tides should be fine this weekend (gets a little shallow at low tide, but that's in the middle of the day this weekend) Just a thought.

Hossfish
14-09-2013, 10:24 AM
Hey guys thanks for the replies.

Luc, yep I was thinking along the same lines.

Bazza what size rig are you launching at Clontarf.

Cheers Greg

Bazzawookooka
14-09-2013, 02:20 PM
Hey guys thanks for the replies.

Luc, yep I was thinking along the same lines.

Bazza what size rig are you launching at Clontarf.

Cheers Greg

Greg,

Mine's a 5m semi-plate bow-rider, but you'd easy get a 6m boat in there away from low tide.

Even the low is only 0.5m tomorrow if I read things correctly.

Happy for others to confirm / deny this.

Cheers, Steve

Short Fuse
14-09-2013, 02:36 PM
When I drove past yesterday afternoon, the old ramp car park had been closed off, and all the race boats were parked there beside the Boat Club. The ramp at the Coast Guard was open for use. Have not been past today, but can drop down for a look as it is only a 5 minute drive if required.

cheers

Jeff

FishHunter
15-09-2013, 06:46 AM
Sign at Clontarf boat ramp says its closed this weekend

Hossfish
15-09-2013, 07:59 AM
Thanks for all the input guys.

I talked to the coast guard guys selling raffle tickets and they said the ramp next to them would not be a problem

Safe boating to all

Cheers Greg

Seahorse
15-09-2013, 05:13 PM
This Moreton shire council is f....... How can you close a public boat ramp. This happens all the time. Its a public boat ramp. If someone has a private event , then stiff sh..
I feel that if you just used it anyway, then as a public ramp, nothing could be. Done

kingcray
15-09-2013, 05:31 PM
Sign at Clontarf boat ramp says its closed this weekend

yeah had a stickybeak down there this morning. Noticed there were quite a few trailers still parked in the carpark though and they weren't speedboat trailers